We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Instant Level 100

I have just purchased Gift of the Valar level 50 for my Beorling and am very happy with it. As a paying customer, I want to give you TURBINE more of my money so I can get instant level 100 and play end game stuff. WoW now do this, why don't you? I want to pay you money to do this so I don't have to spend time leveling another class to the end. Please bring in into the game.

I know not every player wants this, and this is not the thread to discuss for and against it. If you don't want this in game, IDC, because you don't have to buy it. But for those of us who do want it in game and want to pay for it, we should have that option. Turbine please deliver this and I will give you more money. Any good business will give the customer what it wants, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by tamlong View Post
    I have just purchased Gift of the Valar level 50 for my Beorling and am very happy with it. As a paying customer, I want to give you TURBINE more of my money so I can get instant level 100 and play end game stuff. WoW now do this, why don't you? I want to pay you money to do this so I don't have to spend time leveling another class to the end. Please bring in into the game.

I know not every player wants this, and this is not the thread to discuss for and against it. If you don't want this in game, IDC, because you don't have to buy it. But for those of us who do want it in game and want to pay for it, we should have that option. Turbine please deliver this and I will give you more money. Any good business will give the customer what it wants, surely?
    Just please dont add this
    purchasing gift of valar already is a bad idea not really worth it at all
    i mean 5k tp for just level 50.....
    Level 1-100 Can be done in basicly 1 day
    Maltazard 100 Lore-Master Bloodsspears 100 Warden Goldhunter-1 100 Hunter Sparklie 100 Rune-Keeper Brandywine

N O Spells NO.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

/signed

Rift also does this now. If you are against it, you don't have to use it. It's called increasing choice.

@Jason: GotV is much more than just an insta50 item. It's worth it.

Where is the fun in LotRO's end game stuff?
    No new raids, instances or skirmishes.
    All there is in end game are essence gear, some LI garbage and buggy "Epic" Battles.

Why rush it when leveling is so easy as it is?

If you buy an instant 100 (or even 50) levels you'll
    find yourself able to get into regions where you are at
    level, okay, but you haven't the faintest idea how
    to play the character. Perhaps you would learn something
    from this experience, e.g. that there are better ways
    of spending umpteen Turbine points.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by Coeprandua View Post
    /signed

Rift also does this now. If you are against it, you don't have to use it. It's called increasing choice.

Wow yeh +3 Virtues really worth it....

But still there is a big downside:
    It really isnt and i just dont like people buying because they useally suck at cap because of it
    insta levelling to 100 would give the player no experience with the class at all and not knowing what he/she is doing so

and from 1-50 Provides alot of deeds to be done while levelling so the 5k tp to skip it not worth it when u get like 1000 tp from level 1-50
    and at the end its alot more work then just starting at level 1 because u still want to the deeds for the virtues and most good virtues are obtained by questing so....
    and because of the dps at low levels it isnt that much quicker when u are level 100

All i dont want is more noobs at level 100 that dont know what they are doing you learn the most by questing with your class

But turbine will probably add this just because they can make money out of it
    Maltazard 100 Lore-Master Bloodsspears 100 Warden Goldhunter-1 100 Hunter Sparklie 100 Rune-Keeper Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuma View Post
    Where is the fun in LotRO's end game stuff?
    No new raids, instances or skirmishes.
    All there is in end game are essence gear, some LI garbage and buggy "Epic" Battles.

Why rush it when leveling is so easy as it is?
    Leveling is not easy. Not when you have pushed through the game 6 times before. There are ways to speed up leveling which cost money and Turbine points. Or you can exploit so called friends and get them to level you up.

Please, get real. Such ignorant and boastful comments as 'leveling is so easy, and you can get to lvl100 in a day' have come to characterize the player-base of this game. It's obvious that you don't know what you are talking about and I'm sorry to say but these comments make you look stupid. I'm not talking about you in particular, Nuuma. But anyone who does this.

Guys, please, try to get out of your narrow-minded perspective that makes you think that everyone lives inside your little pond.

Quote Originally Posted by jason12323 View Post
    Wow yeh +3 Virtues really worth it....

But still there is a big downside:
    It really isnt and i just dont like people buying because they useally suck at cap because of it
    insta levelling to 100 would give the player no experience with the class at all and not knowing what he/she is doing so

and from 1-50 Provides alot of deeds to be done while levelling so the 5k tp to skip it not worth it when u get like 1000 tp from level 1-50
    and at the end its alot more work then just starting at level 1 because u still want to the deeds for the virtues and most good virtues are obtained by questing so....
    and because of the dps at low levels it isnt that much quicker when u are level 100

All i dont want is more noobs at level 100 that dont know what they are doing you learn the most by questing with your class

But turbine will probably add this just because they can make money out of it
    You miss absolutely nothing by skipping the first 50 levels in terms of learning the class. But it's true that if you skip to 100, you'll have to learn everything at once. I have every class, half of them at or near cap. I levelled them up questing. But it's been ages since I played some of them and I forgot how to play them.

You are aware the end game consists in its entirety of running battles for a week then standing in Dol Amroth or your AH of choice and chatting to folks about how their isn't anything to do?
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."

As a paying VIP player I am 100% against this idea. LOTRO is about the story and the joy of exploring the world as you level up. If you are only interested in end game content then please play WoW, Rift, or any of the other online games that cater to that play style. That's not what LOTRO is all about.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmira View Post
    As a paying VIP player I am 100% against this idea. LOTRO is about the story and the joy of exploring the world as you level up. If you are only interested in end game content then please play WoW, Rift, or any of the other online games that cater to that play style. That's not what LOTRO is all about.
    As a paying VIP player I am 100% for this idea.
    Your views and reasons for playing this game do not translate into the reasons I play. Each person plays or doesn't play for their own reasons, please don't turn us all into Stepford Wives. In my opinion LoTRo is about more then just scenery and exploring. It's about fellowships and overcoming hardships by working together for the common good as in the story. Something this game is sorely lack at the moment. So perhaps you should be campaigning for that instead of worrying how other people should or shouldn't desire to play their LoTRo.
    I also think its terribly bad form to suggest that people that don't share your views and opinions to go elsewhere when the community is already bleeding out. There is room for everyone.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Doesn't WoW just get you to the most recent content, not the level cap?

I like the idea of an auto-level up to the current region's level increase (95), but not the cap. Although I will never use it, Turbine does need to make money and this is a good way to do it.

I agree this is silly. And I agree that endgame is a bad place to drop you; there's not nearly as much to do there as people imagine.

But if there are people who are willing to help Turbine foot the bill to run the servers by buying this, I don't have a problem with them doing it, or with Turbine letting them.

Giving players more choices is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coeprandua View Post
    /signed

Nah it is called increasing profit from those with more money than sense....

One thing... Lotro did used to have great endgame and I hope one day it will return... But as I have been saying for a year now on these forums the gaming market i changing... people just dont want to see it... Hey even Southpark hoved it out there a week or 2 ago but most people probably did not get how the game industry as a whole i doing stuff like this because its easier than making good content.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Giving players more choices is a good thing.
    Yep I remember the choice I had in super mario bros. on my Nintendo to pay 5 bucks and see the princess... oh wait.... Or what about Madden when you could pay 10 bucks and skip the whole season and be at the super Bowl.... oh wait.... or what about that shooting game where you pay to walk to the end with no one shooting you..... wait..... Or that racing game where you are in 1st place all the time for ten bucks......

But today we have the current generation of I want now gamers... No one cares about the adventure... sure a few would use something like this for alts, but I am willing to bet more NEW players would use this tool than old players because why waste 3 months playing a game when I can pay 50 bucks play it for 2 hour and move on to the next.... This trend needs to stop. I can understand Gift of Valar and see why it is usefull but a full 100 level skip... no thanks

Yes please

The thing i really don't understand is, why are people so passionate about not having it in the game lol. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Oh and yeah a lot of other MMOs do a 1-cap boost, pretty sure WoW and some others do....

Who's to say that's what lotro is about? If that's what lotro is about for you, then do what you want and leave others to enjoy the game in other ways i.e not doing the same boring quests 5 times or so

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post

Yep I remember the choice I had in super mario bros. on my Nintendo to pay 5 bucks and see the princess... oh wait.... Or what about Madden when you could pay 10 bucks and skip the whole season and be at the super Bowl.... oh wait.... or what about that shooting game where you pay to walk to the end with no one shooting you..... wait..... Or that racing game where you are in 1st place all the time for ten bucks......

But today we have the current generation of I want now gamers... No one cares about the adventure... sure a few would use something like this for alts, but I am willing to bet more NEW players would use this tool than old players because why waste 3 months playing a game when I can pay 50 bucks play it for 2 hour and move on to the next.... This trend needs to stop. I can understand Gift of Valar and see why it is usefull but a full 100 level skip... no thanks
    Choice is an avenue to persue ones liberty. I would never buy a 100 instant level token or whatever but I wouldnt begrudge others who want to. You proclaiming any trend "needs to stop" is an absolute statement that almost dismisses your whole point. You cant negate demand in an economic transaction. If people want it, it should be supplied, what you think the journey should be or must be is relevant to you only.

Lets go the next logical step though, what about people who have leveled say 3 toons? how about 6? and want to just play the new toon at level cap, would that be acceptable? I would think we as a community would want to encourage more people to spend money in lotro, not prohibit it but im curious to your answer on this hypothetical.

As a paying VIP player I am 100% for this idea. I have played the LOTRO story and explored the world on 6 other classes. I know every twig in Lothlorien and every path in Moria. There is nothing new or more for me to explore on a new class. LOTRO is about enjoying the game experience, I simply don't enjoy going through the same content yet again with a new class. What little end game content there is I want to enjoy and experience it on the new class. Plus, I want to try it in PVP. The scaled system is a joke where a freep last only a few seconds in PVP and has no real chance.

Those who say they need 100 levels to know the class, I suggest don't know what they are doing. You read each skill and what it does and apply it in the correct situation. It took me less than a few minutes in a Skirmish to learn the class. It's not hard, it's not rocket science.

Anyhows, it's not players like you I have to convince. it makes no difference to you whether I jump to the cap straight away or not, it takes nothing away from your game experience.

So, once more I appeal to the DEVS. I have my debit card in my pocket. I am willing to pay my bucks and dollars and give it to you to buy instant 100 upgrade, all you have to do is introduce it. Thank you.
    Last edited by tamlong; Nov 19 2014 at 02:11 PM.

As a paying VIP player I am 100% for this idea. I have played the LOTRO story and explored the world on 6 other classes. I know every twig in Lothlorien and every path in Moria. There is nothing new or more for me to explore on a new class. LOTRO is about enjoying the game experience, I simply don't enjoy going through the same content yet again with a new class. What little end game content there is I want to enjoy and experience it on the new class. Plus, I want to try it in PVP. The scaled system is a joke where a freep last only a few seconds in PVP and has no real chance.

Those who say they need 100 levels to know the class, I suggest don't know what they are doing. You read each skill and what it does and apply it in the correct situation. It took me less than a few minutes in a Skirmish to learn the class. It's not hard, it's not rocket science.

Anyhows, it's not players like you I have to convince. it makes no difference to you whether I jump to the cap straight away or not, it takes nothing away from your game experience.

So, once more I appeal to the DEVS. I have my debit card in my pocket. I am willing to pay my bucks and dollars and give it to you to buy instant 100 upgrade, all you have to do is introduce it. Thank you.
    Well try learning warden in 1 skirmish good luck on that.
    No way you are gonna remember every gambit without ever levelling with a warden.

And there already aren't a lot of good wardens so 1 click to level 100 would be a really bad idea just for the wardens alone
    And what is wrong with everyone there is reason to get to level 100 in 1 click whats the fun of having all classes at level 100????
    Won't you get bored very quickly no real new content for level 100s only pvp and BBs so

Quick hopping to level 100 is not even a big problem, who cares. If someone wants to show off with their level 100 characters, so what. Does not mean they know how to play them, so does not really make them a better player at all. Point being, Turbine gets money out of it. Money, is a good word these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialz View Post
    Quick hopping to level 100 is not even a big problem, who cares. If someone wants to show off with their level 100 characters, so what. Does not mean they know how to play them, so does not really make them a better player at all. Point being, Turbine gets money out of it. Money, is a good word these days.
    They probably wont make money from it because some people just dont like it and quit the game because of it i already had some friends that left because of Gift of valar.
    At the end they will only have people playing that just have a ton of money. And also quit the game because of nobody else playing it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jason12323 View Post
    They probably wont make money from it because some people just dont like it and quit the game because of it i already had some friends that left because of Gift of valar.
    At the end they will only have people playing that just have a ton of money. And also quit the game because of nobody else playing it anymore.
    Well, then.. I guess it's off the tables then if your friends left over GotV being available to people who wanted that option...

Did you ask them as they left?.. why it bothered them so much that people play how they want and how it affected them? Maybe deep down it wasn't GotV, maybe it was the game. And to be honest, if they left over someone being able to go from 1 to 50 then.. really why were they playing at all? Obviously the story and lore wasn't enough to keep them here...
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Choice is an avenue to persue ones liberty. I would never buy a 100 instant level token or whatever but I wouldnt begrudge others who want to. You proclaiming any trend "needs to stop" is an absolute statement that almost dismisses your whole point. You cant negate demand in an economic transaction. If people want it, it should be supplied, what you think the journey should be or must be is relevant to you only.

Lets go the next logical step though, what about people who have leveled say 3 toons? how about 6? and want to just play the new toon at level cap, would that be acceptable? I would think we as a community would want to encourage more people to spend money in lotro, not prohibit it but im curious to your answer on this hypothetical.
    and you are right and as I said with Gift of Valar I personally think you should have at least 1 alt at cap before it can be purchased and if they want to add it that is cool. I do understand people would "want" to use it for whatever reason and if they choose to do so that is between them and there wallet. What I expressed is how I feel and why I would never purchae aid item becaue I feel this trend with slipping parts of a game for a cost is getting out of hand and making developers lazy.... If this item is added.... the developer can relax an any content between level 100-120 (hypothetical) becaue hey... we will soon be selling a way to skip it. so yes in your Hypothetical question... I do feel if this item is added the purchaser must have at least 1 toon at cap. But I will also say if thi trend continues... how soon until player are asking for the Eyes and Guard Tavern to be open on live for say a 100$ entrance fee? Where does it stop? So again I apologize for making my feelings a broad statement, I should have expressed myself better.

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast