We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Beorning Stats all over the place

Ok so with most classes their main stat gives 8 to each mastery point.

However with the Beorining:

Might Gives 6 mastery to both physical and tactical
    Agility gives 4 physical mastery
    Will gives 5 tactical mastery.

I thought we moved away from every class needing every stat. This seems out of place among the other classes. Stick with either might or agility and give it the 8 per.

Ok I dont understand. I thought a beorning can only wear light armour. How will I have agi and/or might?

Also, how will I have bpe for tanking?

actually they can wear medium armor, but still, there is no medium armor with might

Quote Originally Posted by Ksenija View Post
    actually they can wear medium armor, but still, there is no medium armor with might
    okay I have just realized this... so different question: Ive got rank 19 virtues and now my phys mit is 51.3%, shouldnt the cap be 50? no overcapping trait involved as faer as I can see

Yeah no idea what's going on with the stats, but this is 1st build so I can only assume half of it isn't WAI.

They're also MEDIUM not light armour. Which means they'll be able to get their hands on a whole lot of agi and very little might/will.

another note. don't tanks usually give 5 morale per vit. The beorning (which i thought they had mentioned tank and does have a tank spec) gives 3 points.

I hope this is just stuff that still needs ironed out in such an early build.

I wonder how they alpha tested this if the stats are so messed up. xd

Quote Originally Posted by WNxWesker View Post
    another note. don't tanks usually give 5 morale per vit. The beorning (which i thought they had mentioned tank and does have a tank spec) gives 3 points.

After looking through the blue traitline I'm still not sure if Beorning is a "can tank" class with the right legendaries and traits (ala Capt, Champ, 1 vit = 3 morale) or a "main tank" (wrd/grd 1 vit = 5 morale).

But I agree with the above, really not sure how this class is going to acquire much might or will on gear. Yes, they could make beorning exclusive medium gear, but wouldn't it be easier to reassign what effects the main stats yield?

Quote Originally Posted by Ksenija View Post
    funny, I just crafted some level 22 medium with might... I think the higher levels dont have it but the old medium armor might recipes work fine for me... will look at more tiers of amor tomorrow when I log back in

even if there are pieces with might:

lets say a piece has 122 might

in order for that piece to give the same amount of mastery to the Beorning as it does to other might based classes it would also have to have 61 agility. As the amount of might goes up so does the required amount of agility in order to break even.

As I said the class is all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by WNxWesker View Post

Yes Tanks do. Captains, however, when in yellow spec (tank) have an increased percentage of max morale if they choose to specialize in tanking, as they actually don't get 5 morale per vitality point but rather 3 instead. Hopefully, if the beorning doesn't get 5 morale from 1 vitality, then at least Turbine will build in a similiar morale increase like the Captain has in Yellow line to the Beorning's Blue Line.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes170 View Post
    Yes Tanks do. Captains, however, when in yellow spec (tank) have an increased percentage of max morale if they choose to specialize in tanking, as they actually don't get 5 morale per vitality point but rather 3 instead. Hopefully, if the beorning doesn't get 5 morale from 1 vitality, then at least Turbine will build in a similiar morale increase like the Captain has in Yellow line to the Beorning's Blue Line.
    There is a vitality trait in the blue line if I remember correctly and one for fate in the yellow line

I would also expect the amor to be in the next build or two... even jut using might as a main stat my beorn is super OP at lvl 22 and 1-2 shotting on lvl enemies and jut for poohs and giggle I found a lvl 28 Shard dropper and proceed to build wrath with 4 hits witched to bear and 3 shotted him as a bear

Posted by xRaina, beta coordinator on the "[Discussion] Beorning Class" Thread as a reply to Scruffynerf:

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffynerf View Post
    One consideration for leveling the class on live - the Beorning is Light / Medium armour, yet has Might as the key stat for dps. With the Warden migration to agility, there is now no craftable Might medium armour in the game for leveling. This is also apparently true of slotted current end-game armour - the medium set is naturally bonused for agility.

Quote Originally Posted by xRaina View Post
    The developers have thought of this and you will see more options for gearing coming in. Crafted armour outputs for Beorning are incoming, as are some new gear-set options.

Beornings are Medium Armour Class with Heavy Class mitigations. Reason why he has Heavy Class mits is that Beorning cant Block (afaik)

When Beorning traits yellow he needs Tact Mastery, so he can Wear the Might/Fate Jewellery which nobody wanna wear atm.
    For Red Beorning will Equip Physical Mastery Essence and not Main stats to get his Mastery up
    In Blue you have a mix to get your Stats up and will Focus on Mits.

Quote Originally Posted by CM-Amenophis View Post
    Beornings are Medium Armour Class with Heavy Class mitigations. Reason why he has Heavy Class mits is that Beorning cant Block (afaik)

When Beorning traits yellow he needs Tact Mastery, so he can Wear the Might/Fate Jewellery which nobody wanna wear atm.
    For Red Beorning will Equip Physical Mastery Essence and not Main stats to get his Mastery up
    In Blue you have a mix to get your Stats up and will Focus on Mits.
    So... Just yknow, bring 3 completely different sets of jewels, armour, cloaks, weapons, class items with you everywhere you go, and you're set. That will only use up 60% of your bag space, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    So... Just yknow, bring 3 completely different sets of jewels, armour, cloaks, weapons, class items with you everywhere you go, and you're set. That will only use up 60% of your bag space, nice.
    Well, Guardians, Captains, Wardens tend to have a tanking set and a dps set of gear. My guardian has 2 bags kept as swapout gear for alternating between dps and tanking, my captain used to, but I'm not intending on taking him in a tank role again.
    Elendilmir: Southern Cross Kinship
    Freeps: Scruffodian; Scruffbeard; Scruffeldor; Scruffynerf; Scruffwulf; Scruffystone; Scruffiness; Scruffphor; Scruffward
    Creeps: Frothrat; Frothfight; Frothed; Frothleg; Frothnakh; Frothface

Why ? They transformed the warden into agility based class in order to have each type of armor one main stat and they screw it with the new class ? They could have left the warden alone T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Gardhik View Post
    Why ? They transformed the warden into agility based class in order to have each type of armor one main stat and they screw it with the new class ? They could have left the warden alone T_T
    Yes but turbine has traditionally made changes for the sake of change just to go back on that change in an update or 2. My favorite example is revamping set bonuses to only have a 2 and a 4 set bonus so as to eliminate stat based bonuses, only to have stat based bonuses come back -_-

Also is it a bug or intentional that beorning's mits cap at 60%? Seems odd that a might based class on a heavy armor mit curve wouldn't just use heavy armor. Also quite unfair to the other medium armor classes who are still dealing with the super screwed up medium armor mit curve.

Hi

I used hobbit Gold present for my test and I found that all medium armour assigned to my beorning class has might and vit on it.

( I will ofc bug these points I found)

LV65 class item from skirm camp give incoming healing on class item ( lv100 class item has tact mastery for heals ofc)
    Weapons have power on them when ID.

I will try rolling a hunter and putting the hobbit present armour in shared storage to see if there are problems ( i.e agi replace with might etc)

I would say that to keep matters simple the Beorning class should just go the way of the burg and warden and use agility that way there will be no extra confusion or bugs over medium armour gear with might on for the wrong class ( as in skirm loot) it or a ring that only drops in a certain instance that is only good for a might using medium armour class etc.

@Equi
    Ofc it will be annoying as a Beorning. But even more to get all that Stuff: Beorning -> NEED all ^^ They HAVE to /roll for almost Every Item bc they use all Stats at some Point. Secure your Loot, dont Play with Beornings

Quote Originally Posted by Gardhik View Post
    Well, putting the new class into one of the 3 armor branches would have caused other issues, as that branch would then have a higher wheight compared to the other two (currently all branches have 3 classes). Stuff like increased competition for Agility-gear, more hunters/burgs/wardens complaining about "useless" gear drops and so on. So in a weird way it makes sense that the Beorning does not follow that pattern.
    As for the medium-armor-60%-mits issue, I'd assume that they didn't want to give the class heavy armor for lore reasons but wanted the mits for the tanking role. But as this is Build 1 could of course also just be a simple bug. Personally I'd hope that this will result in a general stats redesign, but then I'm not very optimistic about it.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffynerf View Post
    Well, Guardians, Captains, Wardens tend to have a tanking set and a dps set of gear. My guardian has 2 bags kept as swapout gear for alternating between dps and tanking, my captain used to, but I'm not intending on taking him in a tank role again.
    My Warden has somewhere around 10 different builds, of which some incorporate bits and bobs from other builds, I swap these out as and when I'll need a differing build for whatever I'm doing, I'm no casual player, though, so I'm not like most. These builds take up a solid 70% of my bag space, but at least this is my choice, to say that just to be effective at the class you'll need 3 different full sets of gear and armour, jewels, etc. etc. is mad. If each line my warden has required a different main stat that 70% of my bag space would become more like 90-100% lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    Well, putting the new class into one of the 3 armor branches would have caused other issues, as that branch would then have a higher wheight compared to the other two (currently all branches have 3 classes). Stuff like increased competition for Agility-gear, more hunters/burgs/wardens complaining about "useless" gear drops and so on. So in a weird way it makes sense that the Beorning does not follow that pattern.
    As for the medium-armor-60%-mits issue, I'd assume that they didn't want to give the class heavy armor for lore reasons but wanted the mits for the tanking role. But as this is Build 1 could of course also just be a simple bug. Personally I'd hope that this will result in a general stats redesign, but then I'm not very optimistic about it.
    I hope Turbine is seriously considering putting the Beornings into an already designed set of armour - light/will - med/agi - heavy/might. If not, they are ruining the RNG for Hunters, Burglars, and Wardens for nothing, and wasting tons of their own time designing new armour as well. I hated it when I'd finally get a medium armor drop on my hunter, and the main stat would be might for a flipping warden.

Considering I guess the might as primary stat is gonna stay, some stat distributions need some changing.
    To bring it more in line with stat conventions for other classes:

Might:
    - 8 Physical Mastery
    - 8 Tactical Mastery
    - 5 Parry (cause no block.. so similar to champs)

Agility:
    - 1 Critical Rating
    - 2 Parry
    - 3 Evade
    - 5 Physical Mastery (so that agi isn't completely useless since it's a medium class)

Will:
    - 2 Resistance
    - 1 Tactical Mitigation

Fate:
    - 2.5 Critical Rating
    - 10 Finesse Rating (to replace the power stuff)
    - 1.5 ICMR

And vitality is #### for all classes now so I won't comment on that XD
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]