We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

We want your streaming suggestions!

Hey everyone,

So I am settling in here now, getting to know everything again and beginning to plan some of things we would like to do, or do more of, moving forward. One of the things I would like to see more of is streaming the game. Not only from us but players as well. (I will get into that player streaming thing a bit more in the coming weeks.)

I come to you the players and ask, what are some thing you would suggest to us for streaming content? What would you like to see us do with the streams? Other than me, is there anyone else here you want to see and hear more from on stream? Would you like to see themes? We want to know what you would like to watch. I cannot promise any of these will make to the final list of what we are going to do, but I am a strong believer in making community content geared towards what people want to see.

So tell me, what would you like to see us streaming?

The TTHTI and SHIELD runs seemed to be really well received by the community. There were consistently 100+ people watching the streams live, and often 200+ on busier days. I know they're Sapience's baby, but I think the community would like to see more of those. Rick joked about the next set of runs being called "SWORD." To that I suggest, Sailing Westward, Operation Rivendell to Duillond. Yay acronyms. :P

The dev streams, such as the chat with Aaron, seemed really popular and were a great way to answer lots of questions in a humanizing way. Very effective.

A concern raised in the past with the CM playing the game live would be griefers: players running into an area (say, the Moors) and ruining the fun. Perhaps a way around this is for you (Frelorn) to run a different raid/skirmish on each server, each time with a group built of players on that server? This would reduce the risk of drive-by griefing (since randoms can't hop into instances) and also showcase the wide number of lesser-played instances that Turbine's built up. You could also do this with Epic Battles if you want to showcase those. If you playing interferes with the Q&A element, you can always apply the same 'deadweight follow' rules that were used in TTHTI and SHIELD.

Love the thread!
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

Thumbs down Scaling Instances

I want to see how u would do a lvl 65 raid with only 65 chars... try to do OD or BG on T2...
    Or try to make Orthanc HM with 75 Chars...
    Can u do this?
    Skaling of T2 Instances and Raids who are not lvl 100 is bad....
    OD got Turbined

I would like for you to do something that your predecessor never did - actually play in the areas that a lot of the characters are playing normally and not the starter areas.

This means end-game stuff. Raids, Instances, war-bands, busy towns, daily repeatables, etc.. This way you can get a feel for what a lot of us are doing and what problems can arise while doing them. (i.e. you get to experience them and learn!)

It would also be great to actually see the devs attempt to play the classes they are assigned to be in charge of. This way everyone can see just how much they know the class they are developing for.

I've seen many streams with devs in them sometimes but the use of god mode just ruins it. I would really like to see you guys getting in there and try to have some fun in the end game that many of us are playing.

Cube decorations . . . players get to vote who decorates the best.

I like the Q&As that go with the streams, so getting devs involved, and especially Rowan and HoarseDev, will make me want to watch

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 140 - Brandywine | Help sick kids. Support Extra Life 2022: https://www.extra-life.org/participant/belnavar [$523 raised of $600 goal]

One thing I've always wanted to see in LOTRO was a Spectate feature. This was a fun feature in Metal of Honor. Naturally it should be by volunteer only.
    ****Bogarts! We hates Bogarts!****

Moar Streams!

Hi, Andy, great to see you at PAX East, and welcome back to the crazy.

I'm glad to see you're going to continue the streaming tradition in some fashion, because it's been a tremendous experience for those of us players who are not on the Player Council and previously didn't get all that much insight into what goes on at the office to make the game we love.

I think both gameplay streams in the same vague basic vein as the TTHTI and SHIELD runs would be fun, but also, devchats are important too. Any facet of the game has its adherents as you can easily find out via metrics, so if you do a stream about, say, crafting, you're going to get the crafters all up that stream, happy that you're spending time on THEIR favorite LotRO activity. Much like the 'spotlight on...' splash screens in the game, why not do spotlight streams?

I think dev chats are also important, even if they shouldn't be as frequent as the gameplay ones (else they'd be spending more time on Twitch and less on actually developing stuff! ). I as a player like to have some basic idea what's coming down the pike beyond the blindingly obvious (Mordor), but of course I don't want to know everything, because half the fun is discovering stuff for myself in-game.

In terms of scheduling, I hope you'll keep to the same basic pattern that Rick used to accommodate our folks overseas, including having translators when visiting the French and German-speaking servers. While it might be an inconvenience for folks at Turbine, it might be something to do a few streams after the workday ends in Boston, because many folks in North America can't watch streams while they themselves are at work. It really isn't the same when you watch it as a recording later because the Twitch chat is not preserved, and thus you lose the notion of participation. It's more passive to watch it later.

Just a few thoughts.

Druidsfire.
    Shhh. Listen. Listen to the sound of suffering. Resolve to relieve it. Lift others up. Be kind.

Lightbulb

First: Welcome to the community Frelorn!!! Hope you feel home soon. About the streaming ideas: You can do a streaming session of you getting to lvl 100 (with help of the community if you want). You can give a 'introduction stream'. In this stream you tell something about yourself, fav class/race/server and whatever you think that we want to know. Maybe some skirms/instances/raids. Another idea is introducing us to the LOTRO team and vice-versa. You can pick a few teammembers in a stream and interrogate them about their jobs But above all else: pick something from all the suggestions you get from the community something you like. If you do that it's certain that the streams will be fun.

Lorim

Hey Frelorn,
    I am glad that you have decided to continue the streaming, that was a great idea from Sapience.

However, these streams have a couple problems.
    1. The streams occur to quickly and people do not have time to develop questions and the chats end up in frankly, a bunch of small talk and jokes(#2 will help this but it wont be easy to bring more people on the streams). This gets old imo and it is causing the streams to lose viewers (numbers have recently gotten to around 40).

2. Bringing guests onto a larger percentage of streams. During the SHIELD runs Sapience started to run out of things he could say about the games development. Either from not knowing details about changes or not knowing if he would be allowed to release details or not about certain things (Rowan does).

The dev round table was a great hit as well as the U14 preview. I would like to see more of these things in the future.

SWORD for the win!
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Stream when the GMs give out the "Best House in the Neighborhood" trophies.

Huh? Where's my pants? You seem to have misplaced your pants. This makes you sad.

I think it would be fun to somehow incorporate the kegs in the housing system that teleports you to a random place in Middle Earth (ie Moria keg). If you want to be a low level character that may need rescued would be up to you. It would seem unfair to make it any type of competition, but more meant to be a way to have fun and answer questions.

That goes in line with playing in the tag areas or one of the other mini style sessions like chicken or horse play.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002493fc/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Well as a regular on the feeds (although I am on holiday from tomorrow!) I do enjoy the Runs we have been having so bringing a new concept idea on the next one will be welcome.

I'd also welcome streams focusing on the types of gaming options available in Lotro, since for me I only ever go questing and that is it really.
    Thinking about the Devs we can get joining in, Could we have the sound/music guys involved at some point, or if ever Chance was to come visit could he join in?
    Scorg (Hobbit Minstrel) / Beardoin (Dwarf Runemaster)

Make a list of all of the distinct constituencies/playstyles of LotRO, and have a stream for each that involves those players: casual, raider, role-player, musician, collector, completionist, Tolkien fan, socializer, creep, freep, lua hacker, ...

Level 20 Great Barrows of course!

Maze first, next, Thadur and Sambrog together since the latter is so easy. None of those need a full group of six, so you could be chit-chatting rather than paying attention.

Fornosts are lengthier, not sure what your target time length is, but there are four more streams.

In the 40s you have the Annuminus instances, Glinghant is short/quick/easy, it can be solo'd, so you could be talking on the side here too. The other two are a bit longer.

The Moria instances are some player favorites and there is a ton of great content there, weeks worth of streams.

Sadly the level 75 Isengard instances aren't currently playable on T2. Although it would be schadenfreude/amusing to see you get one-shot by the first trash mobs in any of them. (If you wanted to do level cap characters, it takes a long time to go through the level 75 Isengard instances with a set of level 100 characters on tier 2/challenges.)

I'm sure players would absolutely love to see Battles done with un-ranked characters, particularly those who have troubles, which would help them commiserate or see how they are done.

Finally, all the tier 1 raids can be done with a tiny group (we did the Helegrod Giant challenge with four last night, Drakes the night before w/twice as many), so you can simply tag along a group doing those while chatting about other things.

For lengthier instances, you can see how far you get in a certain amount of time.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post

Maze first, next, Thadur and Sambrog together since the latter is so easy. None of those need a full group of six, so you could be chit-chatting rather than paying attention.

Fornosts are lengthier, not sure what your target time length is, but there are four more streams.

In the 40s you have the Annuminus instances, Glinghant is short/quick/easy, it can be solo'd, so you could be talking on the side here too. The other two are a bit longer.

The Moria instances are some player favorites and there is a ton of great content there, weeks worth of streams.

Sadly the level 75 Isengard instances aren't currently playable on T2. Although it would be schadenfreude/amusing to see you get one-shot by the first trash mobs in any of them. (If you wanted to do level cap characters, it takes a long time to go through the level 75 Isengard instances with a set of level 100 characters on tier 2/challenges.)

I'm sure players would absolutely love to see Battles done with un-ranked characters, particularly those who have troubles, which would help them commiserate or see how they are done.

Finally, all the tier 1 raids can be done with a tiny group (we did the Helegrod Giant challenge with four last night, Drakes the night before w/twice as many), so you can simply tag along a group doing those while chatting about other things.

For lengthier instances, you can see how far you get in a certain amount of time.
    This is a great idea. Like you tag along with a group of 5 as they try to 5 man a T2C instance.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

You should stream a developer changing the code to allow cosmetic weapons.
    [charsiq=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/05206000000048585/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsiq]

1. dev (class devs especially) go grab some of those folks in QA alongside the folks who're in charge of lotro store - have a merry sit together and stream that.

2. I'd really love to see a way to get the lotro player streamers more notice too (Landmark does this really well) so maybe retweet those folks in the #lotro tag to start with? I'm sure there's a way to implement that

3. People seemingly liked the TTHTI and SHIELD runs, shorter's usually better because ~1 hour long runs are harder to sit down too.

Some ideas for live streaming:

1. each Hobnanigans visit two servers. 1 on thursday and 1 on friday.

2. When beta goes live, livestream on bullroarer for Beorning walkthroughs. maybe 3 events. 1 with a lvl 5 beorning at Archet. another with a lvl 50 non-LI beorning. and another with a lvl 100 Beorning to show some of the progression.

3. Have a International Pirate day stream

4. If someone at the office speaks german / french do a stream for them.

5. I'm sure I'll think of others.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Here are muy suggestions

1. Introduce Bael'Zharon to Dol Amroth.
    2. I want a vendor that can supply me and only me with the BloodDrinker VIII spell.
    3. Get rid of the Ninjas in EO.
    4. Fix the Stipend timer.
    5. When will we see level IX spells?
    6. We want server mergers.
    7. The last 14.1 patch was totally unbalanced and all the DT peeps winged for days about it, please reverse the changes.
    8. Please remove the cactus bushes from Neftet.
    9. Please nerf all the Macroers.
    10. Update all the rare armor, jewelry and weapons.

Welcome aboard Frelorn :-)
    Last edited by Sucamarto; Aug 04 2014 at 08:31 PM.
    Sucamarto - Level 140 Archer (Landroval)

1. Run all-dev instances. The harder the better!
    2. Pick a random server, don't announce which one beforehand, and go to the Moors and try not to die!
    3. Give me a Lifetime Membership.

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post

1. I agree these are great ideas. Although actual participation would necessarily be limited, it would be great to see these instances done on level by the same character as you level him/her. (Maybe schedule them every two months over a year, on one server, so we could level a character with you, regardless of our normal 'home'.)

2. If you could preserve the chat stream in twitch it would be less passive for those of us who cannot participate due to time zones. The q and a transcripts are good but I'm curious about the questions that aren't responded to. Although I'm not sure if this is possible with twitch.

3. I'd really like to see the developers responsible for a class and the other game playing memebers of the turbine team, get together and run an instance, skirmish or even raid warbands and that be streamed. It could serve as turorial.

4. A 'how to start playing a freep in the moors' guide with play tips would be really cool-although I suspect you'd get zerged more than my rank 0 minstrel

5. A tour of houses (nominated by players, perhaps) and a fashion show of cosmetics, would be fun.

My favourite streams have been thosse that focussed on questions about current game play and future development with Hoarsedev, Jinjaah, and Rowan, rather than turbine's food vending machnes and dyed beards

Thanks for asking, Frelorn and welcome (belatedly).
    Last edited by Calta; Aug 04 2014 at 08:52 PM.

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

So reading your initial suggestion and scanning some requests, I would like to add:

(Thank you, very much for the community inclusion).

That the streaming content not be so specific to a specific place and time, specifically special to needing, having to be there.

So for me, the ability to see and look-up with ease, the streaming that happened, is happening and will happen. More of an "Upcoming Festival" with lots of direction to participate.

We get busy, play a session, see an opportunity, miss that opportunity and never really see what transpired.
    Does this mean Streaming Channels, Unlocked Conversations of Interest; Options ->Streamed Content, not sure. But if it is the way of the future, there should be an easily accessible manner of keeping up. To say "try harder" is not it, we need a "click here" button, maybe. Does not have to be Server specific, we really, really do want to see what is happening. It's just not always as easy to follow.

Cheers

Drin.

I want to see a non-hunter run through the epic storyline quests, on level, when it starts in Angmar. Without using maps, summoning horns, or asking hunters/wardens for a lift. "Find Gath Forthnir, then go all the way to Rivendell, then Thorin's Hall, then only get swift travels as far as Esteldin and slog all the way back to Gath Forthnir..." <--- Whose brilliant idea was this? I already find Angmar frustrating, tedious and dull (story-wise) and have every intention of skipping it on all future characters. The epic storyline travel madness certainly doesn't endear Angmar to me. So I'd like to see someone else suffer through that tediousness. It's only fair, right?

On another note, I have NO IDEA what those server runs are that came after the trip to Isengard. I never saw it posted anywhere or explained -- and I follow LOTRO on Facebook and check the forums. I think some better communication might be a good step towards promoting whatever you stream or try to get us involved in. Or not. Fewer people involved would've made the task more fun and less of a lag-out fest. There were just too many people to make involvement worthwhile.
    "I can understand your anger at me, but what could you possibly have against the horse I rode in on?"

» LANDROVAL: Birle, Pompilidara, Cyntafiel (Away Shall Fade) «
    » ARKENSTONE: Aarawynn, Sabelle, Fylgja (Legacy of Narsilion) «
    ...and many others!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast