We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

What was with the turtles?

Last night, my kinnie was doing festival stuff on Imladris, about 6:30-7:00 PM. Her 65th level champion had just 'ported into West Bree, when suddenly the area around the stablemaster was overrun by waves of huge killer turtles, which promptly killed him. He returned from the rez circle to join the fight with some other high level characters and help kill the remaining turtles. I was at her house watching this over her shoulder, and if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it.

What the heck was that? Did someone summon them in?

This happened on Landroval too. I entered Bree but there was no stable master so I thought that maybe he hadn't loaded yet, and sure enough, he loaded together with lots and lots of players and I thought there was a concert or an event, but people were talking about turtles killing people. Is that bug back where people could bring really high leveled mobs into safe areas and kill people? :/
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Its an issue with a daily quest... called Lamedon Turtles. I am not going to explain how it is done, but this can be considered a form of griefing for someone to release these in low level areas. If you see the culprit please report them with a typed out ticket so the gm can handle it. Also if you see the turtle in a low level area, let a gm know so they can remove the turtle.

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    Its an issue with a daily quest... called Lamedon Turtles. I am not going to explain how it is done, but this can be considered a form of griefing for someone to release these in low level areas. If you see the culprit please report them with a typed out ticket so the gm can handle it. Also if you see the turtle in a low level area, let a gm know so they can remove the turtle.
    It just now happened to me-on Imladris again. Came out of the West Gate AH, saw someone kill a turtle, the next thing I know 3 of them drop on top of my 56th level guard, who of course can't even hit them and was promptly killed.

Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out who was doing it, or you better believe I'd report them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolamrothdame View Post
    It just now happened to me-on Imladris again. Came out of the West Gate AH, saw someone kill a turtle, the next thing I know 3 of them drop on top of my 56th level guard, who of course can't even hit them and was promptly killed.

Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out who was doing it, or you better believe I'd report them.
    If you see it again, I would submot a general ticket as a heads up for the gms to watch as bree seems to be the popular griefing sspot this time for this

I just plainly, absolutely, unconditionally love this.
    I love naive people. Sometimes they in thei naive thoughts are so nice.

YGWYSF
    You got what you screamed for. For years (probably since Moria) a group of maximum 100 elitists screamed all around the forums. Game was going down, game was in super-easy mode, players are leaving, servers are empty, no more kinships, no more activity, game will be shut down in [enter date] due to this. With almsot every single post there were shouts about hardcore - give us hardcore, give us more hardcore, make game hard.

Well, players got what some of them wanted. An I can bet no one would be punished for that. I can bet those who release turtles may even be commended (CoC? It can easily be changed within 1 minute, you know). Because that is where Lotro is rolling down: to very hard forced raiding game.

Elitist screamers should be happy and satisfied, I think.

And no one would ever be punished. On the contrary, we may and will see more of such game mechanic in the future. All thanks to elitist screamers.

Quote Originally Posted by NaktiesKarys View Post

YGWYSF
    You got what you screamed for. For years (probably since Moria) a group of maximum 100 elitists screamed all around the forums. Game was going down, game was in super-easy mode, players are leaving, servers are empty, no more kinships, no more activity, game will be shut down in [enter date] due to this. With almsot every single post there were shouts about hardcore - give us hardcore, give us more hardcore, make game hard.

Well, players got what some of them wanted. An I can bet no one would be punished for that. I can bet those who release turtles may even be commended (CoC? It can easily be changed within 1 minute, you know). Because that is where Lotro is rolling down: to very hard forced raiding game.

And no one would ever be punished. On the contrary, we may and will see more of such game mechanic in the future. All thanks to elitist screamers.
    Sooo, people exploit a solo quest mechanic and this is somehow turned into some bs whining about "very hard forced raiding" in a game that will not have any new raids for the foreseeable future?

It may be NOT an exploit, but a new Lotro mechanic. Elitists wanted hardcore, they are getting un-punishable hardcore (think about EVE). That's what they wanted, that's what they are getting. No one was punished by far (although I heared lots of messages about reporting), no one would be punished untill and after Lotro reaches Mordor.

"No raids in <...>future" – what about Raid size warbands and de facto raid size quests, tens of them, all end-game of them?

It may be NOT an exploit, but a new Lotro mechanic. Elitists wanted hardcore, they are getting un-punishable hardcore (think about EVE). That's what they wanted, that's what they are getting. No one was punished by far (although I heared lots of messages about reporting), no one would be punished untill and after Lotro reaches Mordor.

"No raids in <...>future" – what about Raid size warbands and de facto raid size quests, tens of them, all end-game of them?

"Ur all pwn3d!"
    And then, forever remains that change from G to E minor.

Last night, my kinnie was doing festival stuff on Imladris, about 6:30-7:00 PM. Her 65th level champion had just 'ported into West Bree, when suddenly the area around the stablemaster was overrun by waves of huge killer turtles, which promptly killed him. He returned from the rez circle to join the fight with some other high level characters and help kill the remaining turtles. I was at her house watching this over her shoulder, and if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it.

Yes, it's an exploit based on a level 100 quest. As others have said, popular with the sort of people who get laughs out of griefing.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

what about Raid size warbands and de facto raid size quests, tens of them, all end-game of them?

Undoubtedly. Lotro new end-game content will be pulling npc from instances into low-lvl areas where they can kill low-lvl players. Thats ofcourse what elitists asked for. Thats much more of a challenge for them then kill the npcs in the instances. And they have much reward from this. You got it mate.
    Naius - Burglar of Withywindle
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-uYwngjXZI[/url]

I have no idea what you think you're talking about. The 'mechanic' is a quirk in a quest which bestows the desired mob upon the player if its natural summoning is interrupted by you having activated fishing animations. Rather than missing out on the mob you rightfully fished, it puts it in your inventory with the assumption you'll summon it there and then to continue your quest.

Putting a little lv100 turtle in Bree isn't "elite hardcore".
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

[evernight] lilka : warden | gwenaëlle : champion | elorie : minstrel | cedar : hunter

This issue sound most worrying. Just consider the rage it will cause to players who will lose their "Undying" title because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranglas View Post
    This issue sound most worrying. Just consider the rage it will cause to players who will lose their "Undying" title because of it.
    People losing the "Undying" title I don't care about. It is not like it means anything anyway. (And for those who really care about it, it only takes a few days to reach level 20 anyway.)

No, the really worrying thing is that almost exactly the same thing happened during the Riders of Rohan expansion. The only difference is that it was avancs then, and turtles now.
    One would have hoped that Turbine had learned something from that, but apparently not.
    This is a known exploit, and Turbine has allowed it to happen again, despite the fact that they ought to be well aware of this exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    People losing the "Undying" title I don't care about. It is not like it means anything anyway. (And for those who really care about it, it only takes a few days to reach level 20 anyway.)
    It's not that easy for everyone. There are completionists who wants all the titles in the game and are playing some of their characters during festivals only until they have reached max level on their main, so they've been working hard to gather now gone festival horses over the years. If they restart that character they will have to spend a lot of money to buy those festival horses from the Store again if they restart to complete their goal of having everything.

Not everyone plays the game the same way, and the only wrong way to play the game is to go around kicking other people's sandcastles to pieces
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

YGWYSF

Speak for yourself. No, players did NOT get what they wanted. Releasing unbeatable mobs in a low-level area is not "give us hardcore, give us more hardcore, make game hard." It is the actions of a small minded little twerp who gets their kicks out of messing with other players. They should not be commended. They should be kicked out of the game. And Turbine should have had the forethought not to allow it in the first place.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is my personal opinion.

This is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    I totally agree...have not seen this yet or done it myself, but darn....that must have been funny to see

EDIT: There was a post here the other day about a person who lost a shot at the 'undying' title because they were killed by a turtle in Bree. *head explodes*
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001ee3e9/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This happened on Crickhollow too unfortunately. One of the two players came on an alt account, he said he got a 7 day ban, and was laughing about it and trash talking Turbine for not fixing it. I just wish the bans were longer than 7 days for exploits + griefing. It's not so much the exploit I even care about but the griefing and bullying people isn't funny.

The alt account posted a link to that other lotro flame forum and claimed to be the griefer. I took screenshots, and thought about reporting it, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. I can't be sure it is really even him. I do think it is incredibly poor form and why I wish the bans were longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpinto22 View Post
    I totally agree...have not seen this yet or done it myself, but darn....that must have been funny to see

EDIT: There was a post here the other day about a person who lost a shot at the 'undying' title because they were killed by a turtle in Bree. *head explodes*
    That's just one reason why it's not funny. It may have been funny in a level 100 zone where people could have done something, but in Bree people didn't have a chance to defend themselves. New community members got bullied and it was a poor way to welcome them to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreBrand View Post
    That's just one reason why it's not funny. It may have been funny in a level 100 zone where people could have done something, but in Bree people didn't have a chance to defend themselves. New community members got bullied and it was a poor way to welcome them to the game.
    I see your point for sure, I'm just saying that it wouldn't have bothered me if it happened to me.... I'd sooner have an unexpected 'Godzilla' experience in Bree to add to my book of memories than putting up with endless teenage idiot world spam, given the choice...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001ee3e9/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    No, the really worrying thing is that almost exactly the same thing happened during the Riders of Rohan expansion. The only difference is that it was avancs then, and turtles now.
    One would have hoped that Turbine had learned something from that, but apparently not.
    This is a known exploit, and Turbine has allowed it to happen again, despite the fact that they ought to be well aware of this exploit.
    This. The whole Avanc affair was unfortunate, but I can imagine Turbine really was caught unawares at the time. Players do get create testing out what they can or cannot do in a game, so the odd exploit may slip through betas and bug-squishing.

But to have the exact same thing happen again, leading to the exact same scenario (low-levels getting killed/griefed without any way to avoid it), speaks of somebody not doing their homework. If players found an exploit once and used it, anybody should expect them to find the same exploit again in its next incarnation and to use it.

I just hope they temporarily disable that quest ASAP and work on a hotfix that eliminates this issue.
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpinto22 View Post
    unexpected 'Godzilla' experience in Bree
    Okay that made me laugh

OMG, I so want to see it I made a suggestion in the suggestions forum about random killer mobs being able to spawn randomly around the world and the free peoples would have to go rescue the towns. I hope to see this turtle thing in Evernight Even if it was only a bug.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast