We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I'm running some mid-teens characters right now. They couldn't one-shot anything, even greys, before and can't now. They could quest just fine and can now. I don't particularly like a fight that should last a few seconds now lasts minutes. That's tedium for tedium's sake. Oh, its more 'challenging' ... not. It is a bit more risky, but then too much risk isn't any good just like too little risk isn't good. It wasn't 'faceroll' before and isn't now. I always plan and use strategy and tactics. I did that before. I'm doing that now. The game has never made me think. I'll do that anyway.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    It wasn't 'faceroll' before and isn't now.
    It was totally faceroll (for any level) since HD.
    And it is still for 95.
    Last edited by Castorix; Apr 15 2014 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by podgie_bear View Post
    So they have balanced things for 95s. It has done nothing for lower level characters, except gove less incentive to bother playing! They can balance the game for maybe 10% of players and say "That will do, let's see how that works out! Tough for any player under 65, but who cares about them anyway?" They sold a lot of us players XP Disablers specifically so we could stay at lower levels to appreciate the gameplay, questing stories, etc down there and now they rebalance the high level players and say bugger the lowbies, we got their TP in the form of Disablers? Great customer service! THEY MADE THE GAME WORSE WITH UPDATE 13!!! This is supposed to be encouraging?
    Actually, I didn't have any more difficulty with my 24 LM than I did before U13. I think the lower levels aren't going to have as hard a time as I thought. Probably because they didn't have much mit to begin with. I had a harder time with my 92 RK.

So they have balanced things for 95s. It has done nothing for lower level characters, except gove less incentive to bother playing! They can balance the game for maybe 10% of players and say "That will do, let's see how that works out! Tough for any player under 65, but who cares about them anyway?"
    I'm not sure why you're having such difficulty understanding that it's a start and a work in progress. Did it make the game harder and more challenging for most players? It seems yes. Is it perfect out the gate? Of course not. The portion I took the liberty to bold is just you complaining with imaginary conversations you evidently have with yourself.

They sold a lot of us players XP Disablers specifically so we could stay at lower levels to appreciate the gameplay, questing stories, etc down there and now they rebalance the high level players and say bugger the lowbies, we got their TP in the form of Disablers? Great customer service! THEY MADE THE GAME WORSE WITH UPDATE 13!!! This is supposed to be encouraging?
    They rebalanced all levels. Just because it's not exactly how you wanted it done doesn't mean it didn't occur. The rest of your quote, as usual, is just your angry opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    It was totally faceroll (for any level) since HD.
    And it is still for 95.
    No, it wasn't. Maybe for you it was, but not for everyone at any level.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).

I'm hoping there will be a few adjustments in the near future, I can't believe they intended to make it so tough for low levels.

I'm not a fan of easy mode (if anything endgame needs to be harder still) but I don't think there's anything wrong with being able to faceroll the first 40-50 levels. The way it is now any new players are just going to spend 30 mins as mob-kebab then move on to another game.

The only real way to maintain a diverse and active player community is to make the game fun for several different play styles. Surely there is a way to make the game extremely hard for those at max level who want a challenge while still making the game enjoyable for the casual storyline solo quester. I find it hard to believe that the code they wrote the game with isn't capable of the flexibility needed to create content for a variety of play styles. I just wish I had waited to re-up my sub until after U13 because I would probably have saved my money and taken a few months break from the game.

No, it wasn't. Maybe for you it was, but not for everyone at any level.
    No, not for me.
    For 15yo kin-mates who could solo 6-man T2C and skraids (Yellow Captains)
    For any Captain/Guardian who could pull 30+ mobs and go afk, keeping morale at 90-100%
    For LL LM who let their pet kill anything while afk
    etc...
    Last edited by Castorix; Apr 15 2014 at 04:04 PM.

"No, not for me.
    For any Captain/Guardian who could pull 30+ mobs and go afk, keeping morale at 90-100%
    etc... "

Wouldn't a 15 year old be naturally good at video games?

Really sick of the supa dupa leet whine on here. Your whine was not specific enough as I said many times.
    Only your precious raids should have been changed. Nothing else.

Finally I m going to play my freeps after a long break!!! If u complain ..... well have lots of things to say to you, but wont. And well it isn't as tough as you think , you just need to learn how to play your class and attack a mob.
    Brandywine/Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by Borken View Post
    Never thought I would do this with Lifer accounts but I have just told account support to delete them. The decline started with Rohan and ended yesterday for me. This now generic fantasy MMO lost its lotro feel years ago and wont get it back as WB's won't fund it anymore.
    Perhaps you could just un-install the client so the temptation is not there to log in, play and be disappointed?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

No, not for me.
    etc...
    Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoRob View Post
    Screenshots or it didn't happen.
    Videos already posted many times...
    Last edited by Castorix; Apr 15 2014 at 04:23 PM.

Anyone with a computer and skill with Photoshop can make any screenshot or video show what they want shown, not necessarily what was truly done. Have a trusted third party with an audit trail make and post them. Then they'll have some evidentiary value. What you've shown, at best, are anecdotes. Given your hyperbole, pardon me if I don't take your word for more than limited value.

I'm running some mid-teens characters right now. They couldn't one-shot anything, even greys, before and can't now. They could quest just fine and can now. I don't particularly like a fight that should last a few seconds now lasts minutes. That's tedium for tedium's sake. Oh, its more 'challenging' ... not. It is a bit more risky, but then too much risk isn't any good just like too little risk isn't good. It wasn't 'faceroll' before and isn't now. I always plan and use strategy and tactics. I did that before. I'm doing that now. The game has never made me think. I'll do that anyway.
    Running a 33 cappy through the trollshaws now...still soloing fellowhip quests and fighting several signature mobs without breaking much of a sweat.

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

I have yet to see a video of a player rolling their face across their keyboard and thereby killing mobs and completing quests.

Please post some links, I need the laugh.

Anyone with a computer and skill with Photoshop can make any screenshot or video show what they want shown, not necessarily what was truly done. Have a trusted third party with an audit trail make and post them. Then they'll have some evidentiary value. What you've shown, at best, are anecdotes. Given your hyperbole, pardon me if I don't take your word for more than limited value.
    And of course all videos from Youtube are fake... including mine.
    Last edited by Castorix; Apr 15 2014 at 04:30 PM.

hah, I once walked away to handle something during sword halls challenge only to come back 5mins later fully healed in the middle of all the mobs. I'm surprised a stun didn't kill me. I play a guard btw. I wasn't complaining. I loved being a walking god, now I'm slightly nerfed. I'll just adjust to the new normal. no big deal, that's part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by melkart View Post
    Finally I m going to play my freeps after a long break!!! If u complain ..... well have lots of things to say to you, but wont. And well it isn't as tough as you think , you just need to learn how to play your class and attack a mob.
    LOL pot meet kettle....

and there it is, of course it must always be the ones who complain about the difficulty don't know how to play there class.

BTW you be sure & take your own advice next time you complain about the game being easy.

People with attitudes like you are the reasons why I don't group in this game.

There is not much logic to a knee jerk reaction

Where is the logic? There isn't much to this knee jerk reaction. Moors is broken, no one wants to start a new char because they made the grind, even more of a grind. Turbine IMO went way overboard with this. Let's pick it apart shall we. When you are trying to balance anything, do you take big amounts from one side and place it on the other? No, you make small adjustment to get to the balance you want. Jack fell down and broke his crown, because Jill wanted balance. This argument is more about the moors than anything else really and since the update creeps have been able to keep everyone in the fight with Rezzing that is pretty much limitless...what is it for defilers now??One minute cool down? If that wasn't enough they made creep damage impossible to guard against. So creeps can keep more people in the fight, they have more hitpoints than freeps, on the whole they have better and longer lasting buffs than their counterparts, and now they have the same damage ability that freeps do with twice, sometimes more, the hitpoints of the freeps. The physical mits were the only thing balancing the health point difference and now that is gone. Many of the veterans of the game that play in the moors will tell you that the difference is huge, largess, a great big stinking pile of...well you know. Lotro is not a new game and, when you do something that so evidently is pissing off the veterans, you are asking for the downfall of Lotro as a whole. You will not get many new players if all the Vets quit and decide to blog about the reasons they quit. Next time, try to make small tweaks and adjustments to the game rather than some knee jerk reaction to make people happy that are obviously incapable of making themselves happy. Balance will not be found in radical changes, you will over shoot your mark every time. As for me, i do not see how this will be fixed, short of making creep health like freep health. If something isn't done to fix PVP after this fail cascade soon, then i will ( i already am) looking for a different game to play. Not to drop any hints here but an old man writing on rolled up parchment is looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLotroFan View Post
    hah, I once walked away to handle something during sword halls challenge only to come back 5mins later fully healed in the middle of all the mobs. I'm surprised a stun didn't kill me. I play a guard btw. I wasn't complaining. I loved being a walking god, now I'm slightly nerfed. I'll just adjust to the new normal. no big deal, that's part of the game.
    Isn't there a sudden death time limit in Sword Halls challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Isn't there a sudden death time limit in Sword Halls challenge?
    I've been painfully introduced to it

As for sub 65s, I was questing for an hr+ now in Mirkwood and didn't have to heal myself once.
    Not even against signature mobs. Some of the signatures didn't even reach me before they where dead.
    And this toon is far from a twink.

What did you do to this game?

I have been playing for about 5 mos and when i first started everyone complained the mini was OP but now with this new update the mini is virtually useless in any case raids or soloing. You have taken away any defense they had for themselves. When soloing with mobs 7 lvls lower and getting 1+2 hitted wow that just is not good and if a mini cannot survive when getting hit by mobs that low then what use are they now? I think that all your hard work is good but maybe do another look and try to change a few things with the different toons as adding fate and will to guards and such is not doing them any good either. You may want to back up and put what you had and do 1 toon at a time and work with it till you have it evened out. Just a player that is not real happy with the char changes.

Quote Originally Posted by gemini61763 View Post
    When soloing with mobs 7 lvls lower and getting 1+2 hitted wow that just is not good and if a mini cannot survive when getting hit by mobs that low then what use are they now?
    Yeah right....
    Unless you're talking about raid/dungeon bosses I am afraid I am going to have to call male cow droppings on this statement.

Anyone with a computer and skill with Photoshop can make any screenshot or video show what they want shown, not necessarily what was truly done.
    I havent posted on this forum for a while now (I mainly lurk while playing the game) but holy ####, that made me crack up laughing seriously, Quite possibly the worst post ive seen in quite a while, Bravo.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast