We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Epic Quest can't find NPC

I finished 3.13.5 but can't seem to find quest giver for 3.13.6 Atop the Wall. I looked everywhere in Helm's Deep for it and have also completed the epic battle needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejia View Post
    I finished 3.13.5 but can't seem to find quest giver for 3.13.6 Atop the Wall. I looked everywhere in Helm's Deep for it and have also completed the epic battle needed.
    Aragorn should be the quest-giver... He is on the Deeping Wall in the actual keep, not in the instance.
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

Aragorn doesn't show a quest ring. I did fail first epic battle attempt and then did the rest of them. Later I came back and completed the 2nd epic battle.

Do you think I'm bugged or am I doing something wrong?

Whoever ended chapter 5 should be the one to give chapter 6. Unfortunately, I'm not in game atm and wiki is not very descriptive... I will say this: is it possible you are in the wrong layer? HD itself is layered many times over, with each layer representing a different time in the battle, much as the Epic Battles themselves do. NPCs within these layers may be in different locations, or even gone entirely. To change layers, seek that map table and the surrounding objects. Gleowine stands near these in at least one layer (he's the Wildermore interlude bloke, as well as the person Theoden chose to record the events of the battle).
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Same problem. Cannot find chapter 6. the NPCs don't offer it. I completed the Wall, but then was not sent anywhere else. There are not rings over the usual suspects. This is happening one character. One the other, progression is smooth.

I completed the entire thing just 2ish days ago.

Here's another idea: What level are you guys? Is it perhaps you are too low level to advance to the next stage? This is a common problem for players who are doing these quests when they are red.

Level 95.

But finally found it. Problem here is that there is no real direction between chapters 5 and 6. Aragorn does in fact give the next chapter, but you have to be in the "after midnight" instance, and look for him on the Wall. There is no visible quest ring on the map, but on approach, you will get one.

Although I had found this on my other character only an hour earlier, I had a hard time getting it to be offered to me again on the other one. Went in and out a few times.

I guess I can't explain it. I've now completed the entire sequence on 6 toons, as early as just after HD's launch and as recent as just a few days ago. Never had any problems whatsoever in getting the next quest here in HD. I was given clear instructions as to where to go next and told when to switch layers by the NPCs themselves. *shrug*

There are four time-differentiated versions of Helm's Deep. If you are not in the right timeline, you may find the right NPC (say, Aragorn) but him not have a quest ring for you. When you get to the right version of HD, he'll have it. So now the trick is just jumping through time until you get the right one.

Remember Gleowine, the old King's Bard? He's there in Helm's Deep, one of the NPCs whose location never changes. Around on the west side, lowest level of the keep, not far from the vendors, class trainers, and relic/forge masters. If you poke about Gleowine's immediate space, you'll find objects that can transport you through time: a banner, a barrel of weapons, a table with maps on it, etc. You'll use those to time travel.

When you first arrive at Helm's Deep, it is daytime, the day before the big battle. Using those items you can leap forward in time to the evening of the battle, leap forward again to after midnight, and then once again to the morning after. And you don't have to leap around in order, you can go to any of those timelines that you want, directly.

So finding the version of Aragorn that has your quest is simply a matter of leaping to a timeline, going to find Aragorn (iirc, he's always up at the top level of the Hornburg, standing either near Theoden by the doors, or around the west side near Eomer), and seeing if he has the quest for you. If not there, try the next timeline.

Important note: if you leave the zone while doing the v3 b13 quest string, then come back later, you will not be in the same part of the timeline as when you left. Transporting in automatically takes you to the day-prior version of HD. So each time you do this, you'll have to time travel with Gleowine's help back to where you left off.

Hope this helps, good luck!