We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 115
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    38

    14 Days of Free VIP: Limited Time

    I was looking at the below promo and wonder if I could sign up using my current Premium Account (14 days + $14.99/mth) and get the free VIP status for 14 days.
    http://www.lotro.com/en/content/14-d...p-limited-time

    I am not really sure how it works. For example, if I chose the above option and enter my Credit Card Information, will I still be charged if I cancel the VIP status (e.g. on the 3rd day of the free VIP)

    In summary, which of the below is correct?
    1) Pay $14.99 for one month VIP subscription and get 14 days free.
    2) Get 14 days of VIP free (need to enter Credit Card info), but if you cancel the subscription within the 14 days period, there will be no charges
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000003496/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Legathas View Post
    I was looking at the below promo and wonder if I could sign up using my current Premium Account (14 days + $14.99/mth) and get the free VIP status for 14 days.
    http://www.lotro.com/en/content/14-d...p-limited-time

    I am not really sure how it works. For example, if I chose the above option and enter my Credit Card Information, will I still be charged if I cancel the VIP status (e.g. on the 3rd day of the free VIP)

    In summary, which of the below is correct?
    1) Pay $14.99 for one month VIP subscription and get 14 days free.
    2) Get 14 days of VIP free (need to enter Credit Card info), but if you cancel the subscription within the 14 days period, there will be no charges
    Option 1 - Pay for one month get 14 free days.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Option 1 - Pay for one month get 14 free days.
    I thought so too. If not, we will be able to upgrade all our Free to Play accounts to VIP and enjoys all the perks.
    Thanks for the confirmation
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000003496/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Legathas View Post
    I thought so too. If not, we will be able to upgrade all our Free to Play accounts to VIP and enjoys all the perks.
    Thanks for the confirmation
    I'm not so sure - it says:

    *Current VIPs are not eligible for the 14 Day Free trial offers.

    and:

    *You can cancel your plan at any time during the first 14 days. If you don't cancel the reoccurring plan, you'll be automatically placed into the plan that you chose.

    *If you choose to cancel during the 14 days, or after the VIP time runs out, you'll be flagged as a Premium Player and gain the benefits of that account type.

    Which implies it is a free trial of VIP status and if you cancel during the 14 days you don't get charged. Maybe post on the store query forums for clarification or contact a CS rep for info.
    The Balrog lives!! Oh, and give MECCG a try.

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,982
    Quote Originally Posted by trcanberra View Post
    I'm not so sure - it says:

    *Current VIPs are not eligible for the 14 Day Free trial offers.

    and:

    *You can cancel your plan at any time during the first 14 days. If you don't cancel the reoccurring plan, you'll be automatically placed into the plan that you chose.

    *If you choose to cancel during the 14 days, or after the VIP time runs out, you'll be flagged as a Premium Player and gain the benefits of that account type.

    Which implies it is a free trial of VIP status and if you cancel during the 14 days you don't get charged. Maybe post on the store query forums for clarification or contact a CS rep for info.
    I didn't read it that way at all.

    "For a Limited Time, receive 14 FREE days of the LOTRO VIP Program when you sign up for a recurring plan!"

    Followed by 4 different plans, all of which cost money. Since the money is taken out of our accounts when a payment plan is first activated (rather than at the end of that period), then canceling within the 14 days wouldn't mean you don't get charged. They basically get 6 weeks of VIP for the price of 4 weeks (or however many weeks based on which plan they choose).

    I agree, no harm in checking with one of the reps. That said, I'd have a few moments of -.- if people could get the 14 days, quit, and not be charged. Otherwise every single f2p account in active existence who comes across that offer would sign up, play for 2 weeks, cancel, and then get free access to premium membership, all without ever spending a red cent. What a way to rip off pre-existing premiums (and snubbing VIPs, who aren't even eligible for the extra 14 days). xD
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    I didn't read it that way at all.

    "For a Limited Time, receive 14 FREE days of the LOTRO VIP Program when you sign up for a recurring plan!"

    Followed by 4 different plans, all of which cost money. Since the money is taken out of our accounts when a payment plan is first activated (rather than at the end of that period), then canceling within the 14 days wouldn't mean you don't get charged. They basically get 6 weeks of VIP for the price of 4 weeks (or however many weeks based on which plan they choose).

    I agree, no harm in checking with one of the reps. That said, I'd have a few moments of -.- if people could get the 14 days, quit, and not be charged. Otherwise every single f2p account in active existence who comes across that offer would sign up, play for 2 weeks, cancel, and then get free access to premium membership, all without ever spending a red cent. What a way to rip off pre-existing premiums (and snubbing VIPs, who aren't even eligible for the extra 14 days). xD
    It seems with this offer you are NOT billed until the 14 days are up:

    "After 14 days your account will automatically convert to full VIP status and will be billed."

    [EDIT] Oh, and re the angst; another better offer always comes along with these games. It's like a sale always comes along the week after you buy something at full price.
    The Balrog lives!! Oh, and give MECCG a try.

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,552
    Having read the advert and the small print it has the faint whiff of desperation....
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

    "Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellemere View Post
    Having read the advert and the small print it has the faint whiff of desperation....
    Well, a lot of posters here have suggested that it is hardly worth subbing anymore - I think this offer pretty much confirms those suspicions.
    The Balrog lives!! Oh, and give MECCG a try.

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

  9. #9
    Just out of curiosity, exactly what does "Unlimited chat" mean and why would I pay for it?
    I'd almost pay a bit extra not to see glff

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddo View Post
    Just out of curiosity, exactly what does "Unlimited chat" mean and why would I pay for it?
    I'd almost pay a bit extra not to see glff
    I think it means they post your character name on the forums and we all have to chat with you whenever you come into the game?

    I have never seen glff - and I don't think I ever want to from what I have heard
    The Balrog lives!! Oh, and give MECCG a try.

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddo View Post
    Just out of curiosity, exactly what does "Unlimited chat" mean and why would I pay for it?
    I think F2P and Premium players have rate restrictions for /tells and maybe other chat functions (aka "you must wait before doing this again") which are removed for VIPs.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

  12. #12
    I just made 4 accounts VIP by using this. After i logged in every character + made new chars and logged them in i canceled the subscription. It will just say pending cancellation and nothing is billed. You will also see you will not be billed after you select the subscription plan that will have a value behind it you go to the next screen where it will say €0.00 or $0.00.

    So thank you very much Turbine for giving me free trait slots for all my chars
    [center]***My Real Life Warg Pack***
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0KRLgMrUIk[/url][/center]

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagluk View Post
    I just made 4 accounts VIP by using this. After i logged in every character + made new chars and logged them in i canceled the subscription. It will just say pending cancellation and nothing is billed. You will also see you will not be billed after you select the subscription plan that will have a value behind it you go to the next screen where it will say €0.00 or $0.00.

    So thank you very much Turbine for giving me free trait slots for all my chars
    Does your credit card have any transactions for it?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,982
    Quote Originally Posted by trcanberra View Post
    It seems with this offer you are NOT billed until the 14 days are up:

    "After 14 days your account will automatically convert to full VIP status and will be billed."

    [EDIT] Oh, and re the angst; another better offer always comes along with these games. It's like a sale always comes along the week after you buy something at full price.
    O.O Missed the fine print, thanks for pointing that out.

    But yeah, like I said... thanks for snugging the "true" VIPers... Will there be any true F2Pers left now?

    If this is truly real... Turbine just shot themselves in the foot. Every player who is not a VIPer or who has toons that don't get the residual VIP perks now gets free bags, free traits, free swift travel, etc. All for the few minutes spent upgrading, logging into their toons, and then downgrading... -.- Best deal ever for a F2Per, and not something a Premium Player will likely want to pass up either (unless their Premium Perks include the VIP stuff, instead of just being the Premium Perks from having paid real money into the game)... but one of the biggest snubs to pre-existing VIPs that have come around recently...
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by qetuop View Post
    Does your credit card have any transactions for it?
    Using Paypal and no, nothing in transaction history.
    [center]Multiboxing 6 blackarrows!
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqPEEI5nSzk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUiOUFyRUk4kQseHrt7poluQ[/url][/center]

  16. #16
    Sure tons of F2P accounts will now get "ex-VIP" status for free. However:
    This is only available for a couple of weeks
    They are probably counting on some of the F2P'ers to not even have a CC to do this with if they can't actually afford to pay
    Of course there will come new players to the game after this
    Some will forget to cancel in time
    And most importantly - it will give a taste for it that will entice some to keep paying.

    All in all - it's like any free trial campaign ever, there are costs that they have calculated will be outweighed by future gains.

  17. #17
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Option 1 - Pay for one month get 14 free days.
    False.

    There is no billing that occurs before the 14 days are over. You'll have all normal VIP benefits during that time, except for the free Turbine Points. If you sign up for the offer and cancel before the 14th day you will not be charged. If you do not cancel you will be charged on the 15th day. At that point, the 15th day, you would be billed according to whatever billing option you chose and you would begin receiving your 500 monthly turbine points about 48 hours or so after you are billed.

    So to the OP, your second example is the correct one.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    False.

    There is no billing that occurs before the 14 days are over. You'll have all normal VIP benefits during that time, except for the free Turbine Points. If you sign up for the offer and cancel before the 14th day you will not be charged. If you do not cancel you will be charged on the 15th day. At that point, the 15th day, you would be billed according to whatever billing option you chose and you would begin receiving your 500 monthly turbine points about 48 hours or so after you are billed.

    So to the OP, your second example is the correct one.
    Question:
    As a f2p, once you sign up for this VIP trial, all your trait slots and bags etc are open yes? If they cancel the paid service before the trial is up, do the accounts revert back to f2p standards or do the traits/bags stay as if they were VIP?
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

    "Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

  19. #19
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Question:
    As a f2p, once you sign up for this VIP trial, all your trait slots and bags etc are open yes? If they cancel the paid service before the trial is up, do the accounts revert back to f2p standards or do the traits/bags stay as if they were VIP?
    Any VIP benefits that typically remain with your character after downgrading from VIP to Premium would remain on your character in this case as well.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Any VIP benefits that typically remain with your character after downgrading from VIP to Premium would remain on your character in this case as well.
    Great, thanks for the quick reply.
    I've not been f2p for years so I am not sure what benefits other then the bags and traits get kept. Is there a list of items they get to keep once they stop the free trial?
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

    "Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

  21. #21
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Great, thanks for the quick reply.
    I've not been f2p for years so I am not sure what benefits other then the bags and traits get kept. Is there a list of items they get to keep once they stop the free trial?
    Gold Cap and I believe premium get 1 more character slot (3 instead of F2P 2).

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Gold Cap and I believe premium get 1 more character slot (3 instead of F2P 2).
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Your-Questions

    That was a useful thread. Any chance of keeping it up to date?

    If this works for current premium accounts it would be a good time to finally use all my crafting guild rep on all my toons!

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Gold Cap and I believe premium get 1 more character slot (3 instead of F2P 2).
    Again thanks for the quick reply and answers

    Gold cap lifted, extra bags given, all trait slots unlocked and a free char.
    Sounds like a pretty sweet deal for free to play people and quite a chunk of savings for not having to purchase it all individually.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

    "Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

  24. #24
    Thank you for the Christmas present, Turbine folks

  25. #25
    Also, you don't have to wait until the 14th day to cancel your subscription. You can cancel it right away so you don't run the risk of forgetting too and you will still have all benefits up until the 14th day.

 

 
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload