We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HD Burglar solo thread

Now that HD brought us some survivability, let's see what you've soloed. I just killed this one and also the usual Sword halls and Iorbars peak. No regen food, power pots etc.

[Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

Hey J,

A bit off topic - but what is the that plugin (name) on the right hand side above your steeds and travels.

Thanks
    [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/911993610lotro_lotro18.png[/img][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Sellene View Post
    Hey J,

A bit off topic - but what is the that plugin (name) on the right hand side above your steeds and travels.

Thanks
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...BuffIcons.html Here is the link for the plugin.

Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

I'm curious to know which 3 Man instances you would consider finishable by a Burg at this point..

I've never tried one on level solo, so I have no idea what to even attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootstwaddle View Post
    I'm curious to know which 3 Man instances you would consider finishable by a Burg at this point..

I've never tried one on level solo, so I have no idea what to even attempt.
    I did Iorbars peak, library and sword halls. And school until the last boss when I had to unfortunately log off just before it, will totally finish it up later. If you can finish sword halls, then you can do all the rest. Only the morrowal boss is hard since you need to kite the bats in between 'all in's. When 'all in' is up go burst damage her and kite again, rinse and repeat. The first and last boss are easy though. On top of that you get some nice 95 offhands, jewellery, etc.. from them.
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Jureon View Post
    I did Iorbars peak, library and sword halls. And school until the last boss when I had to unfortunately log off just before it, will totally finish it up later. If you can finish sword halls, then you can do all the rest. Only the morrowal boss is hard since you need to kite the bats in between 'all in's. When 'all in' is up go burst damage her and kite again, rinse and repeat. The first and last boss are easy though. On top of that you get some nice 95 offhands, jewellery, etc.. from them.
    So, you're essentially kiting during the "Bust" debuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Bootstwaddle View Post
    So, you're essentially kiting during the "Bust" debuff?
    Yep, but only against the morrowal. Other bosses don't require kiting. Just keep up max tier debuffing gamble and dust.
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

We are talking about SH T1 or SH T2? I did SH T1 in red line quite easily but in T2 I burn a lot of power on adds and when Carchrien comes I am at 1-2K power and thats not enough to burn her down
    Naius - Burglar of Withywindle
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-uYwngjXZI[/url]

mmh somehow i feel like every class can solo anything nowadays.

never did an instance solo before so i thought i start with something easy - sambrog.
    probably was my last solo instance, didnt really enjoyed it and the gambler line lacks so much dps =(

[CENTER][IMG]http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr317/downheartedx/signature5.png[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Yep, but only against the morrowal. Other bosses don't require kiting. Just keep up max tier debuffing gamble and dust.
    I tried this today (for whatever reason I've never done SH before even grouped). It worked well the way you suggest except all the bats stick around even after the Morrovail is dead. Do you kill the bats during the Morrovail fight? Unfortunately I hipsd when the third boss came out hoping it would get rid of the bats but it reset the instance and I can't try again until later. Thanks for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    I tried this today (for whatever reason I've never done SH before even grouped). It worked well the way you suggest except all the bats stick around even after the Morrovail is dead. Do you kill the bats during the Morrovail fight? Unfortunately I hipsd when the third boss came out hoping it would get rid of the bats but it reset the instance and I can't try again until later. Thanks for any advice.
    I kill the bats right after the morrowal boss is down, just pop Touch and go. Don't worry if the third boss shows up before you're done, he can't hit you through touch and go.
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

I kill the bats right after the morrowal boss is down, just pop Touch and go. Don't worry if the third boss shows up before you're done, he can't hit you through touch and go.
    Edit: nvm, just needed to use both touch and go's.
    Last edited by Stepbrother; Dec 01 2013 at 02:28 PM.

Smile

I've never solo'ed instances with my burg before (at least not at my level)... is it possible to solo Sword Halls (for example) with the QK line? Or will MM / Gambler be better? (havn't play these lines yet, 'cause switching speccs is kinda annoying at the moment and I hope the fix will come soon. Would really like to try out MM)

Which of these instances would you consider the easiest to solo?
    My husband has a burglar, too btw (I think he's around lv92 at the moment); do you think we could some of these dungeons run as a burg-duo without too much problems?

Sorry for all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kassidy- View Post
    I've never solo'ed instances with my burg before (at least not at my level)... is it possible to solo Sword Halls (for example) with the QK line? Or will MM / Gambler be better? (havn't play these lines yet, 'cause switching speccs is kinda annoying at the moment and I hope the fix will come soon. Would really like to try out MM)

Which of these instances would you consider the easiest to solo?
    My husband has a burglar, too btw (I think he's around lv92 at the moment); do you think we could some of these dungeons run as a burg-duo without too much problems?

Sorry for all the questions.
    I did SH T1 in QK line. Urcheron and Durkar are very easy, but you need to save all cooldowns on Carchrien and be very quick in getting her down. You dont want her to spawn much bats.
    for SH T1, gambler defnitely has it easier as you get lots of heals from evades. MM isnt that good for soloing his advantage over gambler is mostly fellowship effect of his heals and improving dmg of others by more dmg from reveal weakness and tricks.
    --
    As for gambler duo for instances: it depends what you suits you best probably. Most universal would probably be two-gamblers. But MM+QK isnt a bad group as well.
    ---

to the topic: soloed first boss of Bells of Dale T1 in blue line. It took 20 mins to beat Skrizg. I mostly just kept T6 debuff gamble and auto-attacked him, because i needed to save power and I needed my CDs ready for waves of adds. It wasnt hard at all, didnt even have to kite. I didnt have time to finish the whole instance.. too bad I guess last boss would be greater challenge - tactic would probably be keeping lynxes alive so boss is attackable and get some evades from them if needed. But there is quite a lot of tactical dmg and that is gamblers weakness. Hopefully i will have time to try this sometime. Or at least first boss on T2, that should be possible as well.
    Naius - Burglar of Withywindle
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-uYwngjXZI[/url]

Thanks for the answer; guess I'll give it a try when I come home from work... which is in... 4 hours. >__>

Managed to take out Nornuan mischief traited. Didn't get a screenshot though, I may do it again later just for the ss xD
    Miradhor, R12 100 Burglar of Firefoot

I was able to do Sword Halls T1 and Library challenge mode a couple of times now. The sheer number of mobs and stuns in Sword Halls T2 was too much to handle. I'll have to give Iorbar's Peak a shot now just to see. Maybe Warg Pens too?
    [CENTER][COLOR=lime][I][B]Gumble NorthTook[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Hobbit Burglar, and Leader of the [COLOR=cyan][URL="http://www.mithrilcrowns.net"]Mithril Crowns[/URL][/COLOR] kinship
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=palegreen][I]Altair son of Aramir[/I] [COLOR=sienna]|[/COLOR] [I]Gunther of Gondor[/I][COLOR=sienna] | [/COLOR][I]Aglaredhel of Lindon[/I][COLOR=sienna] | [/COLOR][I]Shamax Argalfson[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=red]Elendilmir Server[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Went into Sword Halls at 94 for the second time EVER with a mix of yellow and purple quest armor and jewellery.. and a fairly pathetic Level 92 3rd Age LI with no better than T5 relics.. and old Level 75 2nd Age Tools.
    Took down boss 1 easy.
    Kited my way to a win over boss two. There were a few iffy moments (needed to keep a better blurry eye on All-In Buff).. and it took forever (no All-In duration on my Tools)
    When boss 3 came out Touch n Go was on cooldown, so I had to kite again while the stupid bats nibbled at my heels.. and the big lug took big swings.

I gave in and went down swinging.

I could see how this really wouldn't be all that difficult for a well-equipped Burg.. but at the moment, I am not that Burg.. either that, or I'm a fail Burg.

solo'd wargpens t1 easily. sneaked past all the mobs and only killed the 2 bosses. Didnt try t2c because i wasnt patient enough to let the wargs eat the food.

A few days ago i tried to solo DN raid (yes its level 56, but still hard to get past the first room) managed to get past the troll bosses and killed a few of those other bosses before giving up . 1 boss was immuun to common dmg (yes i didnt have enough coins to get a better title) so it was kinda impossible for me to procede with my set-up lol.

Last edited by ulza; Dec 12 2013 at 07:25 PM.
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

He's still quite the tough turtle.
    Miradhor, R12 100 Burglar of Firefoot

HD Burglar solo thread

Gave DN another try today, managed to get past all tbe bosses and phase 2 of the endboss. Its impossible to solo the endboss since the adds 'stuns' you untill someone else kills that mob. It had some interesting tactics, but it was still hard imo
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

Soloed Stoneheight T2 Challenge today. Some store buffs and pots were involved though. My gear is not the best, but I'm not sure if it's possible without store pots even when geared out.

Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Well, no solo, but duoed Breaching the Necromancer's Gate 12-man today.
    Except for the boss it wasn't difficult at all. Wiped 3 times on the boss fight while figuring out a viable strategy, which turned out to be something like... "Kill it, before it can kill us!"

Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Not a new one but I did solo Sambrog today, not the challenge but while all posts I've seen about soloing instances I noticed you went Gambler, I did it as Quiet Knife.. Also managed to solo the Library (challenge) as Quiet Knife. Sorry I don't have any screenshot to 'prove' it.
    [img]http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y386/HonestSun/ScreenShot00100small_zpscc60221a.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://w11.zetaboards.com/LesBeauxChapeaux/index/]Comunity forums/website of Les Beaux Chapeaux[/url]
    From left to right : Mr Grasdur, Mr Tromblon, Miss Piperia, Mr Bredouille, Mr Chapelier, Miss Marre Annette, Miss Fincin

Ost Elendil Challenge:

Halls of Night T2 is also doable, didn't see it mentioned here yet.
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/t4cmgLW.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast