We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Thank You Turbine!

To all of you who gave up your long weekend to resolve the server issues that kept the game down (and to Sapience for keeping us updated as well as could be done), both my sister and me want to say a very big thank you to you all. It's been both saddening and hilarious to see how many whiny brats don't appreciate the fact that you gave up personal time for the sake of customer service, and as always, the service from Turbine is top-shelf. So we just want to say thanks, and give people who feel grateful as well a place to post their thoughts. Again, thank you for all your hard work. It's good to be back running around Middle Earth!

Nolofinwe and Thanduilion

I'm seconding this! While there are lots of things I don't like about the game, I am sure not dedicated enough to work through the night to fix it myself! xD Having had vacation time interrupted or canceled due to unexpected circumstances myself (including coming down sick at least once) I really do appreciate the hard work. Hopefully things will calm down a bit soon, if nothing else.
    Gimli's First Law of Tanking:

"Certainty of death? Small chance of success? What are we waiting for?"

TY Turbine for everything you do.

Yes, thanks for fixing my favourite game

Rome Total War 2 or vip LOTRO? Really unfortunate weekend to have these server problems. I love LOTRO and want to experience it as much as I can, but my whole Sunday was shot with these recent problems.

It is undoubtedly a big 'Thank you' to Turbine, because not only did they resolve the problem, but they resolved it during (what I believe to be (Sorry! I'm British!)) an American national holiday. That's some good work right there; you should put extra cookies in the jar this week.
    Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    It is undoubtedly a big 'Thank you' to Turbine, because not only did they resolve the problem, but they resolved it during (what I believe to be (Sorry! I'm British!)) an American national holiday. That's some good work right there; you should put extra cookies in the jar this week.
    Yes, it's what we call Labor day. It's more or less the same concept as Worker's Day (May 1 in most of Europe I believe). A day of appreciation for workers. I guess that makes it a little ironic.

In the US it's also a kind of 'end of summer' holiday. Lots of cook outs, trips to visit families, and the last chance to hit the beach in many northern areas before fall makes that a lot less appealing.

Red face

Thank you very much Turbine for your hard work and keeping us updated throughout the whole thing. Every time I wanted to check on the status I would check my twitter feed and there was most likely and update from you guys. I saw, just now, that all the worlds are up. Squee! Time to travel to Middle Earth.
    And thank you again.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000049fbc/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I agree, so many thanks for resolving the issue as fast as possible. I hope ya'll can still enjoy the rest of the day with fun stuff.

Plus, the downtime gave me a chance to catch up on some housework...
    Hmmmm... E'nuf said about that.

"Forgive me my nonsense as I also forgive the nonsense of those who think they talk sense." - Robert Frost

NO offense meant...I am actually thankful they were able to get the issue resolved. ( I have been on the other side as well (got stuck working on like 15 consecutive Thanksgivings and more than a few scattered Christmas days so I definitely understand what a pain it was for them!). The people who worked hard to get this fixed were (in most cases I'd say) compensated (either salaried or overtime perhaps) to make sure LOTRO was up and running. Those are the choices those people made do not make the mistake of thinking they did all of this extra work voluntarily (although a handful may have). If I am wrong and all this was free volunteered work then I humbly apologize.

With that said I do appreciate the hardwork they do EVERYday and the fact that the official people we see in the forums appear to be a good humored and caring bunch. In many cases we do not see the hard work that goes on even on the "normal days".

There's an official discussion thread for this here:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Sept-1-Sept-2

All the other threads on this topic have been deleted, so it might be wise to stick to the official discussion.

While I have my own negative opinions towards Turbine for varying reasons, there is no denying that what Turbine did here (according to the OP) was indeed very generous and considerate on their part. I wasn't here for whatever the issue was (so sadly I don't even know exactly what it was, and I doubt it relates to my own issues with logging in), but good work Turbine. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Hear, hear

Aye, thanks to everyone at Turbine who worked on this during holiday time..

Thanks!!
    130Grd 130Min 130Hunt 130Burg 130Ch 130RK 119Wdn 100Cpt 130LM 94Brn ::Leader of Phoenix Rising, Arkenstone::
    40Grd 35Min 35Ch 40RK 40Hunt 40Wdn ::Founder of The People Person's Paper People, Evernight::

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Yes, it's what we call Labor day. It's more or less the same concept as Worker's Day (May 1 in most of Europe I believe). A day of appreciation for workers. I guess that makes it a little ironic.

In the US it's also a kind of 'end of summer' holiday. Lots of cook outs, trips to visit families, and the last chance to hit the beach in many northern areas before fall makes that a lot less appealing.

"Ironic" to say the least.

For those who've taken the time to bad mouth turbine's customer service, this is a piece of irony in that not only did turbine personnel work hard to resolve problems with the game, but they did so on a day that is celebrated for doing "actual work" as a career and lifestyle.

Perhaps, many lifestyle gamers could do more of their fare share of "actual work" and less of bad mouthing those who are doing just that for the benefit of others.

Thank you turbine for all the "actual work" you do for the benefit of we who visit middle earth, and other lands in other games within your sphere of influence.

My brain doesn't know how to read all the zeros and x's within a program, but those who can read those patterns are brilliant, and always needed for the benefit of the rest of us who are far too lazy for our own good. I mean far too interested in a game . . . hm . . . ok, just a plain thank you to all of turbine and those companies who helped with their "actual work" on an American holiday.

:9)

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    There's an official discussion thread for this here:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Sept-1-Sept-2

All the other threads on this topic have been deleted, so it might be wise to stick to the official discussion.
    Considering I have no reason to complain or tell Turbine about a problem, and am instead trying to express my heartfelt thanks for working during a stat holiday to a top-notch tech team, I doubt this thread will be deleted. Do you really think Turbine would delete threads created with thankful intent? I hope the rest of us aren't quite so sour in our expectations as you appear to be.

Just curious why this isn't closed since we have an "official thread" like all the others. I call hypocrisy.

I'd like to echo the sentiments of those thanking the hardworking crews at Turbine. Thank you all for your perseverance and dedication!
    Faërie is a perilous land, and in it are pitfalls for the unwary and dungeons for the overbold. – J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘On Fairy-Stories’.

Yes, a mighty thanks indeed go out to those at Turbine who had to spend their holiday on this issue.

Unfortunately a risk in IT, where everyone expects everything to remain up and available 24/7/365, but at least it's a risk that pays off more often than not (except when Murphy's Law steps in).

I, myself, run a 24/7/365 operation and put in my normal 4a-noon shift, only to get a call a few hours later that the 8p-4a person wasn't going to make it in ... thus never even had a chance to notice the downtime until my roommate brought it up.

Regardless, sláinte!
    Insert now defunct LotRo sig here.

for the first time while being in lotro i am happy i am a european... did not have any problems with the game... i could play sunday night and monday night things were fixed! nice thnx turbine
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Thanks for breaking and then fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    A day of appreciation for workers? Gee when i was a lad the only appreciation we needed was the reassuring presence of a wage packet at the end of the week, kids today, so entitled

Quote Originally Posted by Edrogar View Post
    A day of appreciation for workers? Gee when i was a lad the only appreciation we needed was the reassuring presence of a wage packet at the end of the week, kids today, so entitled
    Well see you need those appreciaton days now because those wage packets are getting smaller and smaller :P
    Nothing here matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Edrogar View Post
    Aye. It's bad. It's even worse yonder where the sun rises: a Chinese LENOVO CEO gave his $3.25 million bonus to his company's workers, on that US Labor day no less.

Can you imagine? It's gotten so bad CEO's resort to this .. this ... unspeakable altruism? Oh how scary this world has become

Anyway, big pat on the shoulder to the whole team doing the work on their holiday. Even if it's totally in your job description, you still had to take time away from family/friends etc. And time with loved ones is one precious thing indeed. So: thank you!

I would like to thank the workers at the 3rd party company, who according to Turbine were responsible for the fault, for fixing it. Since the fault was outwith Turbines control and ability to fix I think credit should be giving to the correct people.

Also why do Americans insist is dropping the letter u from many words?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast