We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

XP Disable : Shadows of Angmar / Rift

I've decided to try and take at least one character through ALL the Pre-Moria content mostly on-level before the class changes with Helms Deep.

My end-goal is a RIFT run composed of a fully L50 group.

I know there's at least some of you already aiming for a Rift run so I thought I'd see how many of us were out there and get us a thread going where we can try to plan for things..

I'm not going to say 'No Warden/Runekeepers'. after all, one of the two options available to me is a Warden.

I'd ask that you not buy virtues, and that you keep/obtain a non-LI weapon to use for the end-game content.

Other than that... It's up to you, but I'll be trying to do a faster pace than some of the other groups I know are going, and see the Rift in mid to late August.

I'll probably stop on the 5s or the major group content points to see what fun I can have and see who would be willing to give it a shot..

For example, (L15-Old Forest, L20-Barrow Downs, Forsaken Inn; L32-Garth Agarwn, Dol Dinen)

Anyone else want to give it a shot?

I'd like to hit the Old Forest around the 10th of July assuming nothing RL gets in my way.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

sounds like fun to me. a couple buddies and i had the same idea. we're roughly level 33 now, so 50 isn't too far off. rift here we come.
    [center][img]http://goatgoatgoatie.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/3/6/12365137/2253553_orig.png[/img]
    [b]Thegoat, Wargstalk (Riddermark's favorite ganker) & Danceswithgoats[/b] - Riddermark
    [b]Brandywino[/b] - Brandywine[/center]

Im in, I have a 13 Guard and a 40 Burg so I can can prolly do it

I got Framfinn, lvl 50 Dwarf mini, waiting.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

My 42 burglar might be interested. Time to level it up.
    Saelyth is not forgotten...

Crell, i'm not in game much at the moment but check with anyone in Eviction and Seclorum. We level'd or were in the process of leveling lvl 1-50 SoA content with no LI's, minimal use of AH, etc. We sorta lost momentum but I made it to 50 and several others are either at 50 or very near 50. Also see Bohemond on whatever he's playing these days.

Anyway, it's a good idea. Lvl 50 is very assessable and Rift will be challenging even though our characters are probably much stronger than in 2007-2009 ish.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by couillon View Post
    Crell, i'm not in game much at the moment but check with anyone in Eviction and Seclorum... We sorta lost momentum but I made it to 50 and several others are either at 50 or very near 50.
    My intention with setting a rough time frame to hit the rift was so that people could decide whether or not they wanted to rush up to 50, or level slowly along the way and stop to see the sights =)

That and for people who've lost momentum to hear about it and decide to come back! About twice a week I see someone running around with a disabler, but never on the-level-range I'm at. My hope is, that by setting an 'end-goal' people will choose to stop for awhile, and we'll have some fun!

Puttering around in Angmar with one of my characters and a soldier to try fellowship stuff is the most fun I've had in quite some time, and I'm looking forward to having some more company.
    Last edited by Crell_1; Jul 02 2013 at 01:15 PM.

good to see this coming to Riddermark aswell, we have had these runs on Eldar for some months now and the game feels like it's all new again.
    Shadows of Angmar was truly the best time of this game and Rift is such a good raid.( Doing CD on level again was fun aswell)

No legendary weapons are a must.
    We try and keep virtues at 10 but in some cases they will get higher.
    Gear from pre angmar only.
    And obiously no level 50

Just a note on the warden, as for tanking they aren't really that good at level 50, since the best agrro gambits comes later on.
    Amrodnir-Hunter,Gimlikhad-Rune-Keeper,Gabiwith-Burglar,Melvasul-Lore-Master,Earendili-Champion,Amrodwulf-Captain all lvl75

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I've decided to try and take at least one character through ALL the Pre-Moria content mostly on-level before the class changes with Helms Deep....

I'll probably stop on the 5s or the major group content points to see what fun I can have and see who would be willing to give it a shot..

For example, (L15-Old Forest, L20-Barrow Downs, Forsaken Inn; L32-Garth Agarwn, Dol Dinen)

Anyone else want to give it a shot?

I'd like to hit the Old Forest around the 10th of July assuming nothing RL gets in my way.
    This sounds great, Crell. I'd really like to give this a try since you're wanting to hit all the group content on the way to 50 as well (not just meeting at 50 and doing the Rift). Depending on the day(s) of the week and time you want to run the group content, I'd like to join. Wednesday and Sunday nights I'm running the leveling group on Brandywine, but I'm available the rest of the week.
    Frieja - Minstrel on Landroval (formerly of Brandywine)

Wrote up a mostly complete checksheet by quest-chain for the Pre-Moria Content.

There's some of Angmar that I know is a mess ... (Imlad Balchorth (Myrkworth) (47-48) http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Angmar_Quests .. and it looks to be missing the battle instances, but otherwise, it seems complete.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...RVQtdWc#gid=48

I was kind of leaning toward Wed/Saturday for group stuff, but I'm open to suggestions. Tuesday could work well.

There's a few people at 45 who just want to hop in at the end of the journey already.

Just rolled a hunter last night I'll level him to 15 over the next week or so to be ready for Old Forest by 7/10. I wanted a class that leveled quickly and was able to get around the map pretty easily since this will be my only Riddermark toon.

He's a chubby old Hobbit named Paldo. Do you have a user channel for this Crell?

ETA: I looked at the googledoc. Good job, that was a lot of work! Is this only for group content 41+ though? I didn't see Barrow Downs, Garth Argarwen, Dol Dinen, etc. Maybe the spreadsheet is just the areas we'll need to use the disabler?

And please tell me we're doing A Gift for the North?!?!?!? Wouldn't want to miss out on that one
    Last edited by Frieja; Jul 03 2013 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Got my dates mixed up. again X(

Quote Originally Posted by Frieja View Post
    Just rolled a hunter last night I'll level him to 15 over the next week or so to be ready for Old Forest by 7/15. I wanted a class that leveled quickly and was able to get around the map pretty easily since this will be my only Riddermark toon.
    He's a chubby old Hobbit named Paldo. Do you have a user channel for this Crell?
    Welcome aboard!..
    A user channel you say? That sounds, rather wise! /Joinchannel SoA

ETA: I looked at the googledoc. Good job, that was a lot of work! Is this only for group content 41+ though? I didn't see Barrow Downs, Garth Argarwen, Dol Dinen, etc. Maybe the spreadsheet is just the areas we'll need to use the disabler?
    You're in luck there's an entire tab 'Barrow Downs'

There's an absurd number of tabs, it's made such that you can put x's by the quests you've done after you make your own copy! I made it for my own reference and thought someone else might find it useful. It should encompass every non-class specific normal quest in any Pre-Moria Zone. (I removed Festival Quests, and did my best to put in content I could tell was missing like the new quests in Bree)

And please tell me we're doing A Gift for the North?!?!?!? Wouldn't want to miss out on that one
    I wouldn't mind doing a Gift for the North, but it's level 10, and the dwarf I planed to actually park along the way and use is 12.

There's another option! I'm actually puttering through the intro right now because I needed to make room on my lowbie champs storage for this, but I could take my warden through instead.

Ah, I must've missed the Barrow Downs tab. Will have to take a closer look at the spreadsheet and stretch it across both monitors.

I was kidding about A Gift for the North Alas, internet forums do not convey inflection very well. But if you're up for it, perhaps we could save Isembard Took from the bees and bears, fetch Aunt Prunella her umbrella, and shepherd in a wayward sheep.

I'll probably be on Thursday leveling through the Shire if anyone wants to join.

Paldo is xp disabled at 12 right now since many of the quests were turning light blue on me. I think I might let myself get to 13 though in order to allow racial deeds to bestow. I've killed a ton of spiders but don't have the Enmity of the Spiders deed yet *cry*

I'm doing Budgeford quests right now. Still have Stock, Scarry, and Brockenborings left in the Shire.

What day/time did you want to start Old Forest? I know you originally posted "around 7/10". I've got my Brandywine leveling group that night. Could we possibly schedule this for either the Tuesday before or the Thursday after? I'm available after 8pm Eastern on weeknights.

Quote Originally Posted by Frieja View Post
    What day/time did you want to start Old Forest? I know you originally posted "around 7/10". I've got my Brandywine leveling group that night. Could we possibly schedule this for either the Tuesday before or the Thursday after? I'm available after 8pm Eastern on weeknights.
    How does Tuesday 8:30pm sound? Does that work for anyone else? Obviously I'll hit up Glff and /regional around then if anyone else wants to come!

I have no problem with you or anyone else undisabling yourself to the actual quest level of the final quest in the chain which in this case is 15.

I'll probably only stick to doing it as far ahead as I can so long as I can keep up with my plan of progressing 5 levels in a week. I want to be sure to see the Rift before what I envision as the planned launch date which would be mid September =)

Tuesday 8:30 pm sounds good to me.

Lotro Wiki is showing Old Forest quests to be levels 15-17, so perhaps we should all be at least 12 to get the quests?

As far as the xp disabler goes, I'm not as hardcore as you I'm trying to keep everything white, lol.

leveling my lm to 50 as we speak. cant wait to try rift with a full group on lvl.

How does Tuesday 8:30pm sound? Does that work for anyone else? Obviously I'll hit up Glff and /regional around then if anyone else wants to come!

I have no problem with you or anyone else undisabling yourself to the actual quest level of the final quest in the chain which in this case is 15.

I'll probably only stick to doing it as far ahead as I can so long as I can keep up with my plan of progressing 5 levels in a week. I want to be sure to see the Rift before what I envision as the planned launch date which would be mid September =)
    I would like to join this if you will have me. I currently run in a learning group on Brandywine with Frieja.

Currently, I'm leveling a Mini Hobbit (aren't all Hobbits mini?) on Riddermark

So basically I should be level 15 for Tuesday night?

My Hobbits name is Geddi.
    Geddi of Brandywine
    Level 65 Dwarven Minstrel of Questionable Ability
    Member of The Knights Of Dol Amroth

Quote Originally Posted by kingbob View Post
    Currently, I'm leveling a Mini Hobbit (aren't all Hobbits mini?) on Riddermark.
    Doh! i'm a hobbit hunter!
    Saelyth is not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by Magol View Post
    Doh! i'm a hobbit hunter!
    Doh as in all Hobbits on Riddermark are mini (not the class BTW...but miniature) or Doh as in this group is becoming a Hobbit group!
    Geddi of Brandywine
    Level 65 Dwarven Minstrel of Questionable Ability
    Member of The Knights Of Dol Amroth

Quote Originally Posted by kingbob View Post
    I would like to join this if you will have me.
    So basically I should be level 15 for Tuesday night?

My Hobbits name is Geddi.
    Everyone is welcome! ; Anyone showing up at L15 will be fine =)

My intention for this session is everything in the Old Forest Proper, and possibly starting on the barrows a little.

To that end my character is at Level 14 with less than 1 craft node to L15, parked, and has picked up 1.1.8 "Master of the Wood";

If you look at the Sheet I made further up thread, my expectations are we'll do "The WoodCutters Tale arc ,Canopy and Hollow arc, Stirrings in the Old Forest arc"

I did a little checking ahead and saw that only a couple of the Adso's quests took place there, so I have done Unfair Cost of Doing Business, and all of Worth of a Worker except for "Wolf Pelts,In the Shadow of Giants, & Searching for Fresh Springs [17]" because they require actually entering the Old Forest"

I'm not entirely sure what to do about "Old Forestry (14), Unwelcome Strangers (15), Rollo and Doderic (15), because they don't really involve entering the forest, but they set the scene well. I'll probably leave them unfinished until just before the event is scheduled to start.

My lowest level character is 20, so I would like to join you when you get there.

Haha, I brought another Brandywino with me, Yay Geddi! I'm a Hobbit as well. So it's settled Crell; you need to reroll your elf

I think I'm on all the same quests for Old Forest/Adso's camp. I'll check to make sure tonight or tomorrow. I did end up doing the wolf-pelt one inadvertently since my lvl 15 Hunter quest had me killing wolves in an instanced version of Old Forest, and I got pelts from that.

I'll see everyone tomorrow night!

A user channel you say? That sounds, rather wise! /Joinchannel SoA
    Ah, that explains why I'm suddenly seeing more people in the channel we created when we started doing this, before fizzling out. Bad idea for a bunch of lazy PvE hating PvPers. Get your own channel, Crell! Kidding of course.

As Couillon said, we had a lot of restrictions for it. I don't know what rules you have set up, but AH was mostly off limits except for consumables and class items. We had a separate kin for it. No LIs. Quest gear only. Skirm camp gear wasn't allowed and you could only barter for the instance gear if you completed it. No crafting (think this was more to just make it less of a grind than anything). No RK or WDN. Kill off all the areas and books completely, grinding virtues, etc. There was more, but that's the gist. The point was to really get back to how the game used to be and make it a challenge, since the PvE content is so faceroll these days. There were definitely some more challenging moments and death with the restrictions. Definitely look up Boh if he's still around.

Good luck!

(woo, I think this was my first ever post outside of the PvP forums)
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ytMERi8.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Summberbell View Post
    Ah, that explains why I'm suddenly seeing more people in the channel we created when we started doing this, before fizzling out. Bad idea for a bunch of lazy PvE hating PvPers. Get your own channel, Crell! Kidding of course.
    It made the most sense as a channel name, and all the better that there's people waiting around at 50 already using it. =)
    As Couillon said, we had a lot of restrictions for it.
    My only restrictions are:
    *-I'm allowing Wardens and Runekeepers. I am a Warden!
    1. Park at 50.
    2.Obtain a NON-LI to use for the level-cap 50 content =)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast