We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

[EVENT] Archet Aid - 2012 !

It is that time of year again, and The Chosen Few and their friends are happy to announce the second 'Archet Aid' solidarity concert! (on the [EN-RP]Laurelin server ).

This is an open RP musical event where some of the finest musicians in the Middle-Earth will gather in one place to show solidarity with the poor farmers of Archet, that got their lovely little town burned to the ground a few years back. (No, you do not need to be a rp'er to participate, but why not try it out ? It's fun ).

For in-dept information about the event, please take a look at http://archetaid.wordpress.com.
    (this site also have pictures from last years event!)

Any questions ya might have, please either contact Grymrock Grey ingame or by email, or send an email to archetaidfair@gmail.com.

Hope to see ya all there!

Best regards
    For the Chosen Few
    - Grymrock Grey.

PS! All you need in order to be able to to join the event is a character out of the 'introduction' part of the game. Archet is one of the starter areas, and are accessible for all races and levels.

Last edited by Grymrock; Oct 09 2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: wrong tread name, cant get it to big letters
    Leader of 'Order of the Divine Brew' kinship at [EN-RP] Laurelin server.
    Bandleader of 'The Chosen Few' at the [En-RP] Laurelin server.

Wonderful event!! last year was a massive success!
    I look forward to play and listen to all the great bands!

Goodluck Grymrock and co! I am sure this will be ace as always.
    Achazia Songweaver
    Songwriter in The Shades. Listen to my music at Soundcloud and Radio Rivendell
    Contributor at Lotro Players
    The Shadows

Red face

Wonderful work as usual , Master Grymrock

Hobbit Heart is already practicing for the night and we are looking forward to be play at Archet Aid again this year
    Amorey - Bard of the Shire

Oh..dang, just a week to go until 'Archet Aid' is 'live'. *shivers with a stroke of nervousness* Hope ya all have the time to come and participate and 'breathe life' into the event and make it an evening to remember :-)

Ya know, have a look around, browse the market and get that last piece of equipment you have not been able to get elsewhere, buy a pie and a beer and have a rest while getting to know new people from far away. If you are of the 'daring' type, maybe you want to step up on the stage and perform something for the rest of us or just simply be your character, and enjoy the festivitas as it unfolds.

We have been high and low to make everything fit together as good as we can get it and trying to answer all the questions that are coming our way. Most of the answers are listed up on the Archet Aid website and there are also a possibility to leave your comments there too.

So, its 10 days left and all of us in The Chosen Few, the bands attending and everyone that has something to do with creating this event, hope ya will have a good time and wants to come back next year :-)

C'ya there?

Best regards
    Grymrock Grey.

NB!!

Remember that the Europeans switch back from summertime this weekend (the 28th of october) but the Americans does not do that until 4th of November!

That means that 1800pm UK/GMT time equals 0200pm /servertime at the 3rd of November.
    (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Best regards
    Grymrock Grey.

This seems like a prodigious event of great proportions! - Good fortune!

(Alas, I will be working that night though...lets see if I can manage to get the day off, as I would really like to come for awhile at least..)

Fantastic Grym

I for one will be there, and I am sure we will be coming with a few more from the Knighthood as well.

Really look forward to this - Sadly I missed it last year....
    Arangilas Bloodrage - Founder and Grandmaster of the order of Knights Of Eriador.
    http://knightsoferiador.shivtr.com
    - I goth-e-goth nîn vellon nîn -

8. Now Master Grymrock... the Big Yin as I's calls ye... I think I can drag meself over that way fer ye concert... there's newborn babies ter see ter... and mothers needing a rest... and what's a Nannie for? May I aske, if no ter help out when needed.

I'll be there wit me pipe and knitting no doubt.... so many bairns ter clothe....

*mutters about running out of wool, before having a quiet smoke*

I hope you will see a good few from the Lonely Mountain Band at the event.

We have started an LMB kinship on Laurelin to facilitate our kinnies visiting this and similar events on Laurelin. (This is a 'closed' kinship, membership open only to kinnies of the Landroval LMB kinship, i.e. we will not be recruiting on Laurelin except to include Landroval members.) It is always nice to see visitors from other servers on Landroval, and so this is by way of reciprocating

And I must add a word of thanks to Grymrock, who has very kindly and generously been helping with outfitting and equipping the transferees.

Melillot Papillion
    'The Blind Bard of Bree'

Not many days left now. We do look forward to play, but most of all listen to all the other lovely bands!!

This is a one time in a year event! and I encouroge everyone to come and support! The idea behind it is good! and I forsee a great turn-out like last year!

Achy

PS: We gave it a little attention/promotion here on this podcast: http://lotroacademy.com/?p=1035 (sorry if I forgot to mention any band-names, and also do not mind Abergar's jokes .. hehe)
    Last edited by Achy; Nov 01 2012 at 04:05 AM.
    Achazia Songweaver
    The Shadows

Red face Tonight!

*start the long journey to Archet*

It is time to get this show on the road once more , Archet Aid is tonight!

Looking forward to a fantastic evening of music and more, and I hope to see you all there.

Come and enjoy this wonderful event *cheers*

See you later on...don't be late

Greetings, and thank you all for your suipport

It is only six hours until the event starts, and we hope as many as possible will come and take part in our little gathering in Archet. (For those of ya that have not looked at the site for the event, the event starts at 1800pm UK/GMT and the concert itself starts at 20.00pm UK/GMT time. (2pm and 4pm servertime) ).

There is also a bit of sad news I am afraid to tell ya.
    Late last night, I got a letter from the Riders of Riddermark with regrets that they could not perform their show at this years Archet Aid. We are very sorry to hear this, and we know there are many among you that was looking forward to this show during the event.

The letter we recieved:

Dear Arrangers of Archet Aid, performers and participants alike!

It is with great sorrow in our hearts that we must inform you that the Riders of the Riddermark will not be able to ride in collected forces to your event.

War beckons in our homeland, and our focus must now lie with our families that are under siege from a fearful host. We must ride to the Riddermark as swift as the wind over the meadow; we must ride for ruin or for victory with sword in hand and our banners held high, as with every day that passes before our eyes, our people suffer great losses.

It is our great hope that you and everyone involved will understand our predicament, and that we may all meet again beneath a shining sun when all of our fears and concerns are laid behind us.

With all our respect and love, as well as our hopes and cheers for a very fine event.

Riders of the Riddermark
    We hope everything will turn out good for the Riddermark, and we hope to be able to present something else for your enjoyment at the market part of the event.

Hope to see ya all there :-)

Best regards
    for The Chosen Few
    - Grymrock Grey.

13. *strums lute, prepares for concert*

I am sure it will be grand anyways, master Grym! See yer tonight!
    Lina Willowwood, biscuit-eating bard on Laurelin
    Hobbit RP? Grand Order of the Lost Mathom
    Songs + videos on me biscuity burrow

14. That was one awesome night! and even if I didna get's me knitting out. me feet kept dancing through the night! yay for Archet Aid!

15. ((It was great fun indeed... hoping someone managed to grab some screenshots))

16. *puts up a sheet of paper, her writing feather and ink thinks briefly and then begins to write a letter*

My dear Grymrock and everyone else,

now that was an exquisite night and one to remember fondly! My congratulations to everyone who made this concert happen, the organizers and all the bands. It was so great so meet all of my friends after a long time and have so much fun dancing and trying to spontaneously make up some new lyrics at which we weren't all too successful (never got past line two, hahaha) but had a lot of fun anyway.

The music was really splendid and I had such a blast! And the display from Durins Folk was also just great! (I never met such a polite commanding officer before!)

What a success!

With greetings from the Shire,
    Your friend Floradine

*Leans back with a huge grin on her face and then rolls the paper up and seals it. Then she gives it to the postman who comes by*

It was a very nice evening with friends old and new. Thankyou to all the organisers and participants who made the event a night to remember.
    Unfortunate I don't post enough to have the privilege of showing the screenshots I have in this thread

Wonderful event!!

Well done Grymrock and your fellow organizers. This event was again a great one!!! We truly enjoyed. It was nice to hear so many bands (and some new ones too! )

I did tried to take screenies, but they seemed to turn black for some reason Luckely one of my lovely Shades-members took some pictures:

Achazia Songweaver
    The Shadows

19. Grand work organizing, master Grymrock + The Chosen Few! Grand playing, bands and entertainers! And, yes, grand of everyone to show up and participate!

There are near 30 pictures + some more information from the event over on me burrow, http://www.linawillow.org/home/2012/...y-archet-dale/

I believe some of our other hobbits made a few too, so let us see if we can get some more up a little later *smiles*
    Lina Willowwood, biscuit-eating bard on Laurelin
    Hobbit RP? Grand Order of the Lost Mathom
    Songs + videos on me biscuity burrow

Red face

Thank you kindly for a lovely event Master Grymrock

Talking VIDEO UPLOAD Complete

PLAY LIST
    Archet Aid 2012 - YouTube

enjoy it!
    My YouTube channel
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/user/poponta001?feature=mhum[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by poponta View Post
    PLAY LIST
    Archet Aid 2012 - YouTube

enjoy it!
    This is absolutely fantastic!!!! Thank you so much!!! I have posted it up on our forums
    This is a true event right up my street, - is not only fun but also a great way to get to know other likeminded players

I truly hope there will more of these events..
    Kudos for all bands! (Seen the all the videos, and I am amazed how stuctured al the bands are, and how disciplined the audience are) This is almosst as close you can get to the real thing! )

(Excited) Achy
    Achazia Songweaver
    The Shadows

Aye, this is a pure gem indeed. I've added it to the Archet Aid website too. Fantastic work
    Have seen through some of the video's and when you get it in the top-down view, you manage to get more of the comments from people too. Like the one 'are they gonna sing too?' from someone in the audience during the Drill of Durins Guard

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone that attended this event!

To all the bands that performed, both the 'old bands' that are well known around our server (and beyond) and the new ones that surely 'made a name' for themselves during this event. Thank you very much!

A big thank you to Lady Joylil for handling the bands with ease as the nights conferencier.

A big tank you goes also to Miss Tibba and miss Nimelia for arranging the Market, and Miss Lina Willowood for handling the 'Open Stage' part of the program. Thank you all so much!

Least, but not atleast the people that took a chance and came over to Archet to join us in this solidarity event.
    As far as I know, we had people from far regions of Laurelin, but also people from both Landroval and Crickhollow (and maybe even other servers too?) Awesome! There was even a 'foreign' kinship or two that created their kinship on Laurelin to be able to participate in events like this with style. ++Kudos!

I can just bow in humble admiration, and start working on next years event trying to make it even better.
    Hope to see ya all there.

For the Chosen Few
    - Grymrock Grey.

Whoops, I posted in the Landroval version of this thread, but I should have come over here. I just wanted to thank you all for making us visitors to the server feel so welcome. It was a fun event, and very immersive with the market going on - at prices that even a young level 7 hobbit could afford. I had to leave early, so I am very happy it is captured on YouTube. Well done to all involved, and I look forward to next year already!
    My characters are listed at my lotro-wiki page.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast