We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't log in using one particular character only

I can't seem to login to LOTRO on the Imladris server using my character Berenbras. I can log on to all of my other characters on that server as well as my characters on other servers, just not that particular character. It started when I was farming in Hobbiton. I got stuck while harvesting a crop. The progress bar was full but no results of the harvest came up and the animation would not stop. I couldn't move or anything. All I could do was chat. Then I lost my server connection. Since then I cannot login using that character. I get to the point where I've selected him and pushed "Enter World" and then it freezes on the next screen. There is never any progress on the loading bar. After a few minutes I get a notice that the connection to the server has been lost.

Oddly, I am not experiencing these problems with my other characters. Unfortunately, Berenbras is my main character so this is rather disconcerting.

Help?

Re: Can't log in using one particular character only

Three possibilities that I can think of off hand. First, there is a problem server-side that a GM can clear. You will need to file a "stuck" ticket for that character using one of your other characters on that server. Second, there is a problem with one of the files on your computer. Don't recall which one, but you should be able to find a thread in this forum group for it. You will need to delete or rename the file so the client will auto-generate a new one for you. Third, there is a problem server-side that a GM won't be able to clear. In this case you will need to wait for a complete server restart such as is done when they do maintenance. This last one would be the worst because you can only wait. Hopefully it will be either the first or second.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Oh my God, this is absurd. I sent in the "Stuck" ticket via ingame support and got an update posted to the ticket by a singularly unhelpful to try online support instead and then she closed the ticket. She (I'm assuming she based on the name) didn't even try to do an unstuck. I've had the misfortune of being "assisted" by this GM before and expected nothing less. Still no response to the ticket I sent in online (before I received my rude response in-game) and no help from in-game support either. Such fun.

Got it fixed with a suggestion from another thread to change from DirectX11 to DirectX9 in my options settings. For some reason that worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien-Addict View Post
    Got it fixed with a suggestion from another thread to change from DirectX11 to DirectX9 in my options settings. For some reason that worked.

This just happened to me, and the fix above worked. Thank goodness this old thread was still around. In the recent server issues my character became stuck like this. If anybody else has had this happen to them, try the change to DX9 as it worked for me.

This happened to me as well, and because it was just a single char I knew it wasn't a modem/firewall/ISP issue. Thank you, this solved my problem after I went to Dx9 and then Back to Dx11