We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 122

Thread: Ithil Closure

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidsfire View Post
    I can understand the notion of some folks wanting to transfer off Anor to a regular server because we know it's possible from a technical standpoint. I can also understand why it's not allowed from a policy standpoint. I'm not sure which option I prefer, although I think my concern would be for just how many people would take the opportunity to leave Anor and how that would affect future viability or longevity of that server.

    Of the rest of this, there are only two things that annoy me about it. One is simply that I prefer the name Ithil to Anor (more a moon fan than a sun fan). The other is more serious. If you're a kin leader who had spent MC or writs to buy a nice Belfalas kinhouse, you are required to sell your kinhouse before transferring - and you don't get enough writs to buy a new one. For this particular situation, because it's at SSG's behest and we don't get a choice here, they should grant us precisely the correct number of writs to purchase the same kinhouse on Anor. The bottom line is that no kin leader should have to pay again for the remaining writs needed to buy the same house if we're being forced to move.

    SSG owes me 10 writs. I refuse to buy them, even on sale, because this was not my decision or choice to move.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this post. I only bought my premium home in Ithil not long ago...so, I have to sell it, and hold everything in it somewhere portable, in order to retain it in a transfer?

    I'm so unhappy about this. Ithil is my refuge.

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidsfire View Post
    Those should transfer perfectly fine, since they're not tied to your kinship. The only ones that had to be abandoned were kinhouses, and for the premium ones bought with MC or writs, you do not get a full refund - the Tol Falthui island costs 36 housing writs, and when I abandoned mine to transfer my kinship to Anor intact, I only got 26 writs in refund. And no, it ain't fair. Kin leaders should not have to pay twice to continue to enjoy a kinhouse that their kin may have been using for the past few years.
    That's what I'm specifically referencing, sorry. I have a premium kin house on one of the islands in Gondor I'm being forced to abandon and it seems really unfair that I'm gonna get screwed out of approximately $50ish in real money for abandoning the house.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryBeary View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly with this post. I only bought my premium home in Ithil not long ago...so, I have to sell it, and hold everything in it somewhere portable, in order to retain it in a transfer?

    I'm so unhappy about this. Ithil is my refuge.
    Don't abandon it. If you do you don't get all your writs or coins back. If you transfer with the house still active you'll get all your currency back to buy a new one, and all your items go into the escrow in the bank.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Don't abandon it. If you do you don't get all your writs or coins back. If you transfer with the house still active you'll get all your currency back to buy a new one, and all your items go into the escrow in the bank.
    Many thanks! That is exactly the information I was looking for. Really helpful. Now I have to decide where in the world I will go....Along with a family member's account. Thanks to the consolidation of servers, long ago, I have a surfeit of characters most places.

  5. #55
    I transferred a few characters across this evening - and the 3 that were duplicated on the incoming server kept their names, overwriting the dormant ones.

    I have lost one character though - I deleted her on Anor ready for the incoming character from Ithil and now both have disappeared on log in, although they are both showing as existing on Anor in the transfer list (I'd only deleted, not transferred). Not a biggie - but a bit tentative to move my main characters now.


  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    Points more towards the code to filter names on creation has had more resent changes and that there are limitations between a programming language and database queries; C++ and SQL for instance. Easy to program but hard to formulate a query to include the exact same functionality. I doubt they've had a SQL expert on the books so much if that's what they use in the transfer process.
    I'd saved my names on Ithil after transferring them to Anor and I just tested by transfering those alts to my main non-leggo server. I was able to get most of them. I even tested one name my wife had at launch but then lost when rerolling that character in a fit of really bad timing. I was able to save it for her for if we get a chance to move off anor, since she's been using a different spelling for it ever since but still preferred the original spelling.

    I noticed when we moved to Anor that some names I couldn't manually save on Anor I was able to get during the transfer too. I don't know if it's actually fixed fixed or spotty, but it can't hurt to try.

  7. #57
    So, is there a FAQ somewhere for moving a kinship from one server to another in order to preserve everything? It's been half a decade or more since we last had to do this. And maybe a link to that should be provided in the announcement?

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by BK613 View Post
    So, is there a FAQ somewhere for moving a kinship from one server to another in order to preserve everything? It's been half a decade or more since we last had to do this. And maybe a link to that should be provided in the announcement?
    Basically, Kin Leader abandons Kin house, transfers first. Everyone else transfers after the kin leader has logged in, and they all are autojoined into the kin.

    It's kind of super unfair because you lose 10 writs when you abandon a kinhouse.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by BK613 View Post
    So, is there a FAQ somewhere for moving a kinship from one server to another in order to preserve everything? It's been half a decade or more since we last had to do this. And maybe a link to that should be provided in the announcement?

    this is the link to official world transfers.. https://www.lotro.com/en/worldtransfer

    this is the kinship extract from that;

    What if I am the leader of my Kinship?
    NOTE: KINSHIP LEADERS MUST ABANDON OR SELL THEIR KINSHIP HOUSES BEFORE THEY CAN TRANSFER.

    When transferring a character who is a Kinship leader, the game will disband the Kinship on the home world, and reform the Kinship on the new world. If multiple Kinship members are planning to transfer, the Kinship leader should complete their transfer and log in to the new world first. The Kinship on the new world will retain its historical data. Players who were in the same kin will be instantly added to the Kinship on the new world if they decide to follow the Kinship leader.

    Bound items in the Kinship house will be returned to their owners, and unbound items will be put into the kin leader's personal housing storage or escrow. Any remaining pre-paid credit and unlocked storage levels on the Kinship house will be automatically granted upon purchase of a new Kinship house on the new world.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotsofhope View Post
    this is the link to official world transfers.. https://www.lotro.com/en/worldtransfer

    this is the kinship extract from that;

    What if I am the leader of my Kinship?
    NOTE: KINSHIP LEADERS MUST ABANDON OR SELL THEIR KINSHIP HOUSES BEFORE THEY CAN TRANSFER.

    When transferring a character who is a Kinship leader, the game will disband the Kinship on the home world, and reform the Kinship on the new world. If multiple Kinship members are planning to transfer, the Kinship leader should complete their transfer and log in to the new world first. The Kinship on the new world will retain its historical data. Players who were in the same kin will be instantly added to the Kinship on the new world if they decide to follow the Kinship leader.

    Bound items in the Kinship house will be returned to their owners, and unbound items will be put into the kin leader's personal housing storage or escrow. Any remaining pre-paid credit and unlocked storage levels on the Kinship house will be automatically granted upon purchase of a new Kinship house on the new world.
    - also, I had the same kin name on the target server and my Ithil kin got a -1 in the name. However that was a kin of 1 so it did transfer and remains max age/tier 10

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Basically, Kin Leader abandons Kin house, transfers first. Everyone else transfers after the kin leader has logged in, and they all are autojoined into the kin.

    It's kind of super unfair because you lose 10 writs when you abandon a kinhouse.

    This is entirely unacceptable because those writs are worth a lot of real life money and we are getting 0 answers from the community manager and devs about recompensation.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,411
    This is awesome news. Thanks

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Now-Available

    Is there any time limit or is it open indefinitely?
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.


  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    This is awesome news. Thanks

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Now-Available

    Is there any time limit or is it open indefinitely?
    We don't currently have any plans to stop offering transfers off Anor.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanbria View Post
    This is entirely unacceptable because those writs are worth a lot of real life money and we are getting 0 answers from the community manager and devs about recompensation.
    They've just announced that Ithil owners will get 100% refund, and if you already moved, you have to put in a ticket. I learned that this is one of the in-game tickets (got an automated reply to my website ticket saying to submit in-game instead), so unfortunately, you do wind up playing tag with GMs on the matter. Not ideal, but better than being forced to pay again to make up the difference.
    Shhh. Listen. Listen to the sound of suffering. Resolve to relieve it. Lift others up. Be kind.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Raninia View Post
    We don't currently have any plans to stop offering transfers off Anor.
    Thanks for the quick response, that is great news too. I have a lot of characters over there, and many will remain for times that I do wish to play on Anor over time, but I have a couple of characters that would be put to better use on a Live world now.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.


  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Raninia View Post
    We don't currently have any plans to stop offering transfers off Anor.
    Is 2495 lp intended price to transfer from anor considering ithil got it for free?
    P.S Welcome to lotro

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Menergroth View Post
    Is 2495 lp intended price to transfer from anor considering ithil got it for free?
    P.S Welcome to lotro
    They are charging for it? When transfers off Ithil are free of charge? They need to reopen transfers to Ithil then, so Anor customers can transfer off freely too.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.


  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    They are charging for it? When transfers off Ithil are free of charge? They need to reopen transfers to Ithil then, so Anor customers can transfer off freely too.
    Yea, they are.

    I'm assuming if this is the case, the transfers will be permanently open and not time limited like Ithil's (still, a free period would've been nice).

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    Yea, they are.

    I'm assuming if this is the case, the transfers will be permanently open and not time limited like Ithil's (still, a free period would've been nice).
    That's ludicrous. Well, my Anor characters can rot then. If it's free off Ithil, it should be free off Anor. I'll just wait for the server to catch up or close. Glad I found out before spending any money on getting ready for transfer, character slots, sub renewal etc to finish up anything on the server on the chars I want to transfer and sort vaults etc, so thanks for the heads up
    Last edited by Arnenna; May 21 2021 at 05:23 PM.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.


  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Raninia View Post
    We don't currently have any plans to stop offering transfers off Anor.
    Why is it for pay? This is really unfair. I literally just transferred off of Ithil to Anor a few weeks ago and so missed the free transfer to a non-legendary server boat, and now I'm double screwed?

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Why is it for pay? This is really unfair. I literally just transferred off of Ithil to Anor a few weeks ago and so missed the free transfer to a non-legendary server boat, and now I'm double screwed?
    Ithil is being closed, which is why transfers from Ithil are free. Anor will remain an active server indefinitely, so like the other game worlds, transferring characters or shared items from them comes at a premium.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Ithil is being closed, which is why transfers from Ithil are free. Anor will remain an active server indefinitely, so like the other game worlds, transferring characters or shared items from them comes at a premium.
    Yes, but you made sure that you closed off Ithil so that Anor players couldn't transfer off to that, in order to get back onto Live worlds. You gave no advanced warnings, or instruction about any of it, and trapped players into staying put or digging deep into their wallets. This is a terrible way to treat paying VIP customers, whether one server is closing or not. This is a cop out, so just add it to the rest of the stuff that VIP's have had to put up with over the last year. We all pay the same, we should all be treated the same. We all started at the same time, we all expected to stay on the servers indefinitely. Your spare server is closing, but the ability to transfer off a legendary world (which are not in any way, shape or form the same as the live worlds) should be open to all that took that journey, and at the SAME price.

    No worries though, Anor will catch up eventually, or close through people not logging into it as time goes forward, especially when people stop logging into it because of this. I can wait it out, or just leave those characters go.
    Last edited by Arnenna; May 21 2021 at 05:52 PM.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.


  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Yes, but you made sure that you closed off Ithil so that Anor players couldn't transfer off to that, in order to get back onto Live worlds. You gave no advanced warnings, or instruction about any of it, and trapped players into staying put or digging deep into their wallets. This is a terrible way to treat paying VIP customers, whether one server is closing or not. This is a cop out, so just add it to the rest of the stuff that VIP's have had to put up with over the last year. We all pay the same, we should all be treated the same.

    No worries though, Anor will catch up eventually, or close through people not logging into it as time goes forward, especially when people stop logging into it because of this. I can wait it out, or just leave those characters go.
    All we wanted was to be treated the same way Ithil players were treated. This feels really bad, and I don't know what to do or even if I'm going to keep playing. I do tend to cycle through for a few months at a time every year or so but maybe I'll just quit for another year early.

    I saw the announcement and got really excited. I'm just...more attached to these characters than my Landy characters, and just very tired of the XP debuff. (honestly if they just dropped the xp debuff below level 100 it would solve many of my problems, though not all of them)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Ithil is being closed, which is why transfers from Ithil are free. Anor will remain an active server indefinitely, so like the other game worlds, transferring characters or shared items from them comes at a premium.
    I wouldn't be so upset if I hadn't already transferred off of Ithil a few weeks before yesterday's announcement, thus missing the boat on leaving the legendary servers behind. I knew Ithil would be closed eventually but I'd expected that it would be merged with Anor, not be given the chance to transfer to regular servers. If I'd known that I wouldn't have transferred off to begin with.

    It's just really demoralizing and a joykiller.
    Last edited by SniperCT; May 21 2021 at 05:52 PM.

  24. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Yes, but you made sure that you closed off Ithil so that Anor players couldn't transfer off to that, in order to get back onto Live worlds. You gave no advanced warnings, or instruction about any of it, and trapped players into staying put or digging deep into their wallets. This is a terrible way to treat playing VIP customers, whether one server is closing or not. This is a cop out, so just add it to the rest of the stuff that VIP's have had to put up with over the last year. We all pay the same, we should all be treated the same.
    What are you talking about. It makes perfect sense for transfers from Anor having the premium fee still, seeing as it will not close in the future and therefore have the same standing and policy as other servers.

    If you recently paid money to transfer from Ithil to Anor thats unlucky and I understand that you are angry because you feel like you missed out on something, but this is a case where a company can choose to be either lenient and offer you some kind of compensation or not, which in this case would be reasonable too.
    But claiming terrible treatment is in this case not justified, unless you wouldnt be offered anything for free, like you are in the form of free transfers from Ithil(and should be). Also, the opening of transfers from Anor was already some reaction to feedback, which I think was a nice gesture, but after all this is still a company that needs to make some money and you cant expect them to give everything out for free if its not reasonable.

    ps. it is kinda nice seeing more responses from Blue Names in the forum on stuff that is on peoples mind

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm_ View Post
    What are you talking about. It makes perfect sense for transfers from Anor having the premium fee still, seeing as it will not close in the future and therefore have the same standing and policy as other servers.

    If you recently paid money to transfer from Ithil to Anor thats unlucky and I understand that you are angry because you feel like you missed out on something, but this is a case where a company can choose to be either lenient and offer you some kind of compensation or not, which in this case would be reasonable too.
    But claiming terrible treatment is in this case not justified, unless you wouldnt be offered anything for free, like you are in the form of free transfers from Ithil(and should be). Also, the opening of transfers from Anor was already some reaction to feedback, which I think was a nice gesture, but after all this is still a company that needs to make some money and you cant expect them to give everything out for free if its not reasonable.

    ps. it is kinda nice seeing more responses from Blue Names in the forum on stuff that is on peoples mind
    Transfers of Ithil to Anor have always been free, even when Ithil - wasn't closing, that's what I mean by this being a cop out. There has never been a charge to transfer off Ithil, even when it was still an active server. I missed nothing, I have never transferred a character between legendary worlds. So you see, it is terrible treatment. You may not see it that way, but, that's not really up to you to decide now is it. You can take it as you wish, and I will do the same. Thanks.

    They wouldn't be giving anything out for free. Legendary servers are VIP servers, and heck, they'd make that amount of LP from me on character slots I'd have to purchase to make the transfers in the first place. As for it being reaction to feedback, that was probably planned. Close transfers onto Ithil and open transfers out, wait for Anor players to kick off about not being able to transfer, then viola, less than a day later "we listened to your feedback" but at a price.

    @ Cordovan. At the very least, put the charge in the announcement so that players don't waste money subbing up and buying character slots to prepare for transfer.
    Last edited by Arnenna; May 21 2021 at 06:09 PM.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.


 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload