We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydir View Post
    I think you should give something in return for all the packs we have bought.

This is already happened in the past, I bought lone-lands and Turbine decided a few weeks later to make that in f2p. ok, "only 500 points, let's move on" (more or less).
    But now? 17? 18? quest packs from 595 to 2495 LP for around 100k LP total + expansions (some base, some collector).

It's a lot of money, and at this point I don't think I'll buy anything anymore because "who knows, perhaps the next month it becomes free".
    You got to use them for years isnt that enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydir View Post
    I think you should give something in return for all the packs we have bought.

This is already happened in the past, I bought lone-lands and Turbine decided a few weeks later to make that in f2p. ok, "only 500 points, let's move on" (more or less).
    But now? 17? 18? quest packs from 595 to 2495 LP for around 100k LP total + expansions (some base, some collector).

It's a lot of money, and at this point I don't think I'll buy anything anymore because "who knows, perhaps the next month it becomes free".
    Totally disagree. That's the way of purchasing any product anywhere goes, there is always the possibility of the price dropping, especially with games.

Thanks

SSG_RedPanda

Thanks for your very prompt and helpful replies.

What exactly is 48-hours of town services items? The 2 buffs mentioned or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    Totally disagree. That's the way of purchasing any product anywhere goes, there is always the possibility of the price dropping, especially with games.
    No it's not.

In the anniversary event they put character slots at 75% discount. I bought some a few weeks before with only 20% discount. <-- this is as you say "possibility of a price dropping" and I'm fine.

but this a Whole different story, they are changing an huge part of the store, and a part where a lot of players have spent their money until Yesterday (there were players asking to buy xpac under VIP a few weeks ago).

SSG should not change the rules on a whim, this is EXACTLY what undermine trust with the customer, and I'm a customer (the others… who knows? maybe, maybe not, will they buy something, will they pay a vip?)

I'm not saying to give $$$ back or even the full amount: In LOTRO_(turbine age):
    I bought consumables, then they changed these consumables in MC, and I was refunded in MC. <- nothing to whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Menergroth View Post
    You got to use them for years isnt that enough?
    In April, without the "renting" of xpacs (it was free for all), the vip value has lowered, thus in May SSG decided to add an all-bag as compensation (nothing is a "gift").
    For the same reason SSG will add perks at vips; this proves the zones, rented or bought HAVE a value, but for now SSG is giving ZERO at the players who buy (premium) and "something" (enough or not is to decide) at the players who rent (vips).
    Last edited by Sydir; May 29 2020 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woldo View Post
    What exactly is 48-hours of town services items? The 2 buffs mentioned or something else?
    So the things like vault, sell, and repair services.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    So the things like vaut, sell, and repair services.
    Got it. Thanks

Far Anorien region will be included in the coupon. The coupon expires after 31 August. We don't have any information things beyond that date at his time.

The wedding will be the next thing coming for LOTRO and will not be an expansion pack. We will have more information about the War of Three Peaks as we get closer to that time.
    Thanks for the answers, really appreciate it

Mordor and Minas Morgul are expansions and will not be included in this event. But Vales of Anduin and Mists of Wilderland will be in the coupon.
    I think that squirl was asking if Mordor and Minas Morgul will continue to be purchasable as they always have been i.e. for either LP or cash. I don’t work for SSG, obviously, but my assumption was that all currently available purchase options for these will remain unchanged.

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    I think that squirl was asking if Mordor and Minas Morgul will continue to be purchasable as they always have been i.e. for either LP or cash. I don’t work for SSG, obviously, but my assumption was that all currently available purchase options for these will remain unchanged.
    ah I misunderstood, thanks for clarifying. There will be no change to Mordor or Minas Morgul offerings at this time, you are correct.

ah I misunderstood, thanks for clarifying. There will be no change to Mordor or Minas Morgul offerings at this time, you are correct.
    My wife is looking to purchase these with LotRO Points, presently cannot as she "owns" them. How much are they in LotRO Points so we can prepare for The Life After?

Also, might I ask if anything else is expected to go on sale or discount? I (like I am sure many others) am spreading the word and wish to give as much information as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TwiztedBiDzine View Post
    My wife is looking to purchase these with LotRO Points, presently cannot as she "owns" them. How much are they in LotRO Points so we can prepare for The Life After?

Also, might I ask if anything else is expected to go on sale or discount? I (like I am sure many others) am spreading the word and wish to give as much information as possible.
    They are 2495 each in the store.

So the things like vault, sell, and repair services.
    If that means I can call these services while questing, I really like the idea and it would be something I miss if not VIP.

Of course, the complaining has started already... but anyways...

Thanks so so much SSG for this incredibly generous gift! I'm over the moon, as are all my friends who will essentially be able to get most of the game for free. I'm so glad that gestures like this which generate good will with the player base are paying off for SSG as well - let's hope this trend of generosity and community spirit continues

A couple of quick questions, if I may, and apologies if these have already been answered and I missed it:

1. Does the Mines of Moria 99 LP pack also include the Rune-keeper and Warden classes? Or will people still need to buy the full expansion or purchase the classes separately with LP?

2. Are there any planned changes to the Expansion/quest pack system beyond the end of August, or will everything revert to how it was before the free period?

3. Beyond the buffs and services mentioned in the announcement, are there any planned changes to the status or pricing of the VIP subscription, or the pricing of previous expansions in the LOTRO market?

Once again, my greatest thanks for this extremely generous offer I am currently on my way to purchase the Minas Morgul ultimate edition as a way of saying "thank you", and I know a lot of other players are planning to make similar purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Morellian View Post

1. Does the Mines of Moria 99 LP pack also include the Rune-keeper and Warden classes? Or will people still need to buy the full expansion or purchase the classes separately with LP?

2. Are there any planned changes to the Expansion/quest pack system beyond the end of August, or will everything revert to how it was before the free period?

3. Beyond the buffs and services mentioned in the announcement, are there any planned changes to the status or pricing of the VIP subscription, or the pricing of previous expansions in the LOTRO market?
    the 99 LP pack for moria does not include Runekeeper or Warden. So if you want those you can purchase them separately or the full expansion. I don't have any information regarding your two other questions at this time.

the 99 LP pack for moria does not include Runekeeper or Warden. So if you want those you can purchase them separately or the full expansion. I don't have any information regarding your two other questions at this time.
    So whereas before I thought I had understanding of how pricing for this will work, now I am confused. Again.

Using Mines of Moria as an example, with the 99 LotRO Point deal, if I wanted to own all aspects of that expansion, how much does this then cost me? Because if I am understanding you correct, it's gonna come to a lot more than 99 LotRO Points. I would implore you to provide some further clarity to this.

Thanks for clarifying, and for all your prompt responses on here! No worries on the other two points, I was just wondering and I'm sure we will find out more in the fullness of time.

So whereas before I thought I had understanding of how pricing for this will work, now I am confused. Again.

Using Mines of Moria as an example, with the 99 LotRO Point deal, if I wanted to own all aspects of that expansion, how much does this then cost me? Because if I am understanding you correct, it's gonna come to a lot more than 99 LotRO Points. I would implore you to provide some further clarity to this.
    So having had a look on the wiki, I'm assuming that the 99 LP version of the expansion will be the the same as the current "Quest Pack: Moria", which was previously 1495LP, and includes only the Moria quests and instances, not anything else.

will the repair service work inside raids too?

Quote Originally Posted by Morellian View Post
    So having had a look on the wiki, I'm assuming that the 99 LP version of the expansion will be the the same as the current "Quest Pack: Moria", which was previously 1495LP, and includes only the Moria quests and instances, not anything else.
    Having gone and looked at this, and then back at the original post I am REALLY glad this includes Isengard and Rohan Instance clusters also. That said, big oof from me on the RK and Warden Prices, just because I think everyone should have the right to Emperor Palpatine their way through Middle-Earth.

There are 2 versions for expansions at the in-game store, the full expansion and the "expansion quests" one, that include only quests and deeds normally. The version going for 99 LPs is the expansions quests one.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    There are 2 versions for expansions at the in-game store, the full expansion and the "expansion quests" one, that include only quests and deeds normally. The version going for 99 LPs is the expansions quests one.

Yes, this is correct.

Having gone and looked at this, and then back at the original post I am REALLY glad this includes Isengard and Rohan Instance clusters also. That said, big oof from me on the RK and Warden Prices, just because I think everyone should have the right to Emperor Palpatine their way through Middle-Earth.
    Even if you bought the warden and runekeeper classes at full price on top of the Moria pack offer, it’s still cheaper than buying the expansion at full price:

99LP for Moria
    795 for warden
    795 for RK
    Total 1689LP

It’s like a 32% discount on the full expansion that’s normally 2495.

Even if you bought the warden and runekeeper classes at full price on top of the Moria pack offer, it’s still cheaper than buying the expansion at full price:

99LP for Moria
    795 for warden
    795 for RK
    Total 1689LP

Oh, absolutely and I don't disagree with you. I just really, REALLY like Middle-Earth Lawye-- Rune-Keepers and so when I present this to my friends, I want to be sure I'm giving accurate information because otherwise they'll flay my butt alive.

99LP for Moria
    795 for warden
    795 for RK
    Total 1689LP

Moria expansion include 2 additional character slots too.

Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

99LP for Moria
    795 for warden
    795 for RK
    Total 1689LP

It's all more than fair, but of course there will still be grumbles!
    Aldowine (Captain), Aldosi (Guardian), Aldoik (Champion), Aldocome (Burglar), Aldobeorn (Bear), Aldomur (RK) - Arkenstone
    Kin Leader, Athelas & Tonic - https://www.athelasandtonic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    Moria expansion include 2 additional character slots too.

Good point, I forgot about that. Still, depends how much of an alcoholic you are I suppose

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast