We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

U23.2 Anvil of Winterstith Raid Feedback

Please post any feedback or bugs related to the Anvil of Winterstith raid in this thread.
    Last edited by LordOfTheSquids; Nov 29 2018 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckygirl1 View Post
    Can you provide more details as a developer about this raid than this?
    -How many boss encounters are in the raid; what are the bosses and their names?

slides a parchment
    2503F1A700 - Karazgar's Mithril Chest[e]
    2503F1A800 - Isvítha's Mithril Chest[e]
    2503F1A900 - Hrímil's Mithril Chest[e]
    2503F1AF00 - Ingór's Mithril Chest[e]

rushes off into the night

Can you provide more details as a developer about this raid than this?
    -How many boss encounters are in the raid; what are the bosses and their names?
    -How many trash pulls are in between each boss?
    The answers to these questions are self evident if you actually run the raid on Bullroarer and do the testing that they ask for.

4 bosses.
    Trash mobs are less than what you saw in Abyss of Mordath, usually just a cluster of NPCs that you need to kill then the boss encounters starts.

Maybe I wont be able to test this weekend....and you were only able to answer 2 out 6 of my questions, my point stands they need to be more transparent with this stuff
    Did you really expect them to list out in detail what all of their plans are, like release dates and such before the testing is even finished? Or tell you in advance what the loot and gear will be? This is the first build as well, and you are asking all of these random trivial questions before even logging into Bullroarer.

They expect feedback, they don't need to do anything except release the raid on Beta and raiding kinships will attempt the raid and look for bugs.

Will gear give physical mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post

I hope the set bonuses are going to be a little better than just giving mastery...
    Mydiel 140 LM
    Uulanel 140 GRD

I recall in years past they put placeholders for some setbonuses for updates but those were more major. Hope and pray?

Where is the raid discover point?

Where is the raid discover point?
    I forget the exact coordinates but it's the spot on the glacier in the Withered Heath where you see grey ice on top of the wall at what used to be a dead end.
    Mydiel 140 LM
    Uulanel 140 GRD

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    I recall in years past they put placeholders for some setbonuses for updates but those were more major. Hope and pray?
    No, since the boxes explain the set bonuses this is all we get which sucks btw

Initial pull:

T1 mobs have T2 buff

Mobs don't reset after death.

Where are the class set bonuses?

Finished doing a full run of Anvil on T1, and looks like it has the potential to be a fun raid with the proper amount of tinkering and bug fixes. I think the range on some of the AoEs need to be reduced, especially Vethug's AoE in the Karazgar fight that one-shots everyone within 30m; that's absolutely ridiculous and once again puts melee dps at a major disadvantage. The trash mobs seem more tolerable here than in Thikil-Gundu, which is nice. I think the dwarf king fight needs work as it seems to be the most confusing fight in the raid, and I noticed that you don't get credit for completing the fight on T1 in the deed panel; could it be because you don't fight all of the kings on T1? It'd be nice if that T1 deed was more clear on what you need to do to complete it. The last boss does a Draigoch sometimes for unknown reasons but otherwise is a pretty fun fight, especially phase 2 (though I'm not sure if you're supposed to run to the end and then die since the fight was completed once we died and retreated at the end, that particular part is kinda confusing). But yeah, overall it has the potential to be a good raid. It's certainly better than Thikil-Gundu and Caverns of Thrumfall so that's a big plus for me.
    Mydiel 140 LM
    Uulanel 140 GRD

Quote Originally Posted by mirkovic View Post
    Mirkovic, thank you for your youtube content, but can you, please, turn off the beeping sound on discord? It is so annoying.

(To enable (or disable) Push-to-talk activation beeping, just open your settings tab: Open the Notifications tab, and select/deselect "PTT activate" and "PTT deactivate" to adjust which noises you do or don't want to hear.)

Commander Liliam - the Warden
    Evernight

I cannot give feedback cause i dont have group to go and check the new raid at test server.The only thing i want from you is not to make the champion class useless again like you did in Abyss raid.Make us useful for a change like we were at Pelennor and every raid before that.Thats all i want thank you.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)
    Discord: Arandour #1742

Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    I cannot give feedback cause i dont have group to go and check the new raid at test server.The only thing i want from you is not to make the champion class useless again like you did in Abyss raid.Make us useful for a change like we were at Pelennor and every raid before that.Thats all i want thank you.
    I have done the raid (feedback incoming) and I can tell you that yes it is insanely melee unfriendly.

The first Drakes in the raid give you a debuff which seems to be curable but neither a potion nor the guardian skill seems to work

Quote Originally Posted by trarza View Post
    The first Drakes in the raid give you a debuff which seems to be curable but neither a potion nor the guardian skill seems to work
    My lm debuff removal skill doesn't work on those debuffs either; why show it as a debuff if you can't cure it?
    Mydiel 140 LM
    Uulanel 140 GRD

I have done the raid (feedback incoming) and I can tell you that yes it is insanely melee unfriendly.
    Well if its melee unfriendly AGAIN then i will be off for sure this time cause i am tired of that thing....

Well, I guess we can use Let Fly from 30m and call it a day... /s

Melee range != tanks SSG

In my opinion, making the raid extremly favourable to ranged classes is a bad design decision on its own. But seeing as this underlying issue is most likely not going to be fixed, I'd implore you to at least manipulate the numbers to favour melee classes as a last resort. I suggest giving the bosses a flat increase in incoming melee damage or something of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by fewd View Post
    In my opinion, making the raid extremly favourable to ranged classes is a bad design decision on its own. But seeing as this underlying issue is most likely not going to be fixed, I'd implore you to at least manipulate the numbers to favour melee classes as a last resort. I suggest giving the bosses a flat increase in incoming melee damage or something of the sort.
    The problem with that is at least 2 of the bosses (Isvitha and Karazgar) have a mechanic where they do a 360 degree AoE with a range of 30m that instantly kills anyone other than the tank (and I think one of the dwarf kings had this mechanic as well so that could potentally make 3 boss fights with this mechanic); this means melee classes won't even be able to safely engage these bosses without running the extreme risk of dying. Even if you did something like give the bosses a flat increase in incoming melee damage, it won't do the melee classes any good since right now there's no way to safely engage these bosses if you're melee dps. The insta-kill AoE neds to either have it's range reduced to 10m so melee dps can have enough time to get clear or the AoE needs to be removed altogether. This raid has the potential to be fun if stuff like could be fixed.
    Mydiel 140 LM
    Uulanel 140 GRD

Quote Originally Posted by cbfan14 View Post
    The problem with that is at least 2 of the bosses (Isvitha and Karazgar) have a mechanic where they do a 360 degree AoE with a range of 30m that instantly kills anyone other than the tank (and I think one of the dwarf kings had this mechanic as well so that could potentally make 3 boss fights with this mechanic); this means melee classes won't even be able to safely engage these bosses without running the extreme risk of dying. Even if you did something like give the bosses a flat increase in incoming melee damage, it won't do the melee classes any good since right now there's no way to safely engage these bosses if you're melee dps. The insta-kill AoE neds to either have it's range reduced to 10m so melee dps can have enough time to get clear or the AoE needs to be removed altogether. This raid has the potential to be fun if stuff like could be fixed.

I cannot beleave this.REMOVE!!! that thing asap and start play-testing your own game.

Feedback T2 The Anvil

Today we finished T2 Anvil. It took 2 hours totally.
    First boss is ok, third one is also good.
    Would be good if you add some more interesting mechanics to 4th boss, it looks impressive , but not hard enough for T2.
    In my opinion, boss#2 is the best in this raid.

T3 must be much harder with more tricky mechanics.

Last edited by Axillo; Nov 30 2018 at 04:14 PM.
    Change yourself.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast