We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dadi's Exclusive Interview With The LOTRO Team - Part 1

Last week I had the pleasure of interviewing several members of the LOTRO team for my fan site, Dadislotroguides.com.

Part 1 English version can be found here.

Part 1 German version here.

Part 1 Russian version here.

Part 2 English version here.
    Last edited by Proudcdn; Aug 31 2016 at 11:26 PM.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

I think the lines labelled as me might actually be Severlin, if I'm recalling correctly.

I was fairly quiet during the interview, but thank you again for the kind words about the raid!
    Designer, Content

"A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it." - J. R. R. Tolkien, The Children of Húrin

Wow, you were able to lure a lot of devs to your table. Thanks Dadi!

#mordorexpansionconfirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    Last week I had the pleasure of interviewing several members of the LOTRO team for my fan site, Dadislotroguides.com.

Part 1 can be found here.
    I'n not sure how you managed to get that kind of access with all that has been going on but Kudos to you.

I can't wait to hear part2
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

Great Interview. Although things were a little imprecise, still it gives a perspective for the future.
    I am quite sure the devs are aware, nevertheless I would like to share one thought on the licensing topic (hopefully this is not going to immediately start the doom and gloom discussion again). Although licensing and renewal is always a part of the common business cycle, it is also a decision point. A license is not renewed if there is no perspective (or need) for the future. This interview gave a little more information on what (maybe) is to come and I guess this is more assuring than "license renewal is standard business".
    I think information like the one about the expansion, even if combined with the phrase "plans may change" show that there is a lot of thinking going on.

One more comment: This topic should also be in general discussion.
    Edit: Just found a thread:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ith-LOTRO-Team
    Last edited by thinx; Aug 30 2016 at 06:38 AM.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinion View Post
    I think the lines labelled as me might actually be Severlin, if I'm recalling correctly.

I was fairly quiet during the interview, but thank you again for the kind words about the raid!
    Just a few words to what you said in the interview about the loot system for the raid (from my point as a longtime raid leader):

The personal loot system is a terrible idea for raids (in the case of LOTRO & because what the loot is) becaus it is only based on RNG.
    That means (e.g.) some players will have 3rd or 4th helmet etc. whereas other not a singe one. For a (non PUG) raid it is better to have the opportunity to have the masterloot system to be able to give the loot to them who need it.

We are really happy with the new raid as a mutiboss raid. Many ppl from my raid(s) don't like the Erebor raids for this reason (go in, see boss, kill boss, go out) .
    We like that there is a path from bossfight to bossfight and that you need some brain to go along the path. So the raid loks are a good idea, just you need to fix the issue with it how complicated ever it may be. (see the new bug since last update, where a T2 ID5 cause that the bosses don't appear on T1 and a GM is needed to get them in)

Some words about the drop rate. While i (and others) can understand that some level of grind is necessary in a game, we think you put the grind factor to a very disgusting level with the new raid. We done a "20-ish" number of full T1 runs (that means more than 120 boss chest) and the droprate for armour is shameful low. I have players in my raid who got only one armour piece in all our runs.We have full (T1) runs without any armour piece dropped. The same about the "Battle-damaged Equipment of the Pelennor Fields" some players in my raid have mor than 10 from it (and onyl need 2) and some not a single one.

If the raid lock problem is caused by the art of the loot system (T1 personal loot, T2 master loot) you may rethink to use only one system for the raid.

There is also already a thread here in the forum about the exchange barter "Master of Battle Lore (Pelennor Rewards Vendor)" and the question why do you need to complete T2 to be able to exchange you T1 armour? For me this is a quite stupid idea.
    Yes i know the argument: "it is to prevent first boss farming". Well ... as the droprate of Ancient Ithil-coin in the first two boss fights in T1 is simple 0 (zero) i don't see a "first boss fight farming". And as there is no raid lock in T1 you can not spread an ID2 or higher to fight a specific boss on T1.
    So in my opinion it would be enough gating to complete T1 raid to be able to exchange armour pieces.

===
    Something different but still about loot: The "Hilt of Eärnil".
    Why can't you put a box instead of the item itself into the callange mode chest?
    Now we have a tripple RNG with this item: it has to drop, you have to be there with the right class and you have to roll the dice.
    Put it in an account bound box where the plyer can choose which item he would take would be less RNG.

Regards
    CA

part2 will be really interesting, if you get answers more than just 'we think about it'
    get anything specific out of the team and many players will be very happy
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinion View Post

I was trying my best to match up the voices I will get that corrected !!!

Can't thank you all enough for the interview. The response thus far has been overwhelmingly positive.
    dadislotroguides.com

Amazing!

You are not only opening new thoughts to be had, but also quelling many nagging questions and doomsayers! Thanks!

Can't wait to see what is up on update 19!

Sinord Loresearcher of Arkenstone

Very interesting! Thanks!
    When the 2nd part is coming?
    Arkenstone

Nice read. When can we expect part2?
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

I am hoping to get Part 2 out at the end of this week.
    dadislotroguides.com

Some great info in there. Thanks for doing this!

Looking forward to part 2
    Former resident of Withywindle now settling in on Laurelin :D

The Bandits Raid Alliance - Laurelin
    http://thebandits.guildlaunch.com/

I hope you asked them about Beornings in addition to Hunters and Burglars.

I look forward to part 2.
    Reddmedic - R10 Defiler
    The Old Timers Guild LOTRO | Server - Gladden

Part 1 can be found here.
    Thanks for writing down the interviews.

Thank you very much for having us on!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Find LOTRO on: Facebook Twitter Twitch Google+
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Google+ Instagram
    My PM inbox is broken. Click here to send me a private message.
    cool cool

The end of the week! Any teasers about the u19 info they gave you? Seeing as the Producer's Letter is rather overdue, I'd like to hear ASAP about what we can expect in the near future.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Thanks for the transcription -- THAT is hard work!

Anxiously awiting part 2.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Severlin: Minas Tirith is not a server issue, it is a [LOTRO -ed.] client memory issue. The lag you are seeing from the raid is not associated with Minas Tirith, it is something separate that we are actively working on solving.
    If this is true -- why not get the client fixed!
    The client - both PC and Mac - is a 32-bit client being run on 64-bit systems.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

[...we wanted to go to a boss by boss lock where you could just loot each boss once. So you could kill a boss multiple times but only allow you to loot once. The problem with that is it would force us to go to a personal loot system ...]

I don't understand how this would force a personal loot system. Exactly this was already implemented at level 75 with master looted gear. We did skirmish raids with master looted gear that could only be assigned to people running it for the first time that week. Having said that, I would still prefer to keep locks so you can split the raid in two nights. Removing the locks and having to clear the whole raid in one session is pretty crazy.

Any communication is better than no communication, and in the abscence of a Producer's Letter I'll take an interview.

Thanks for that Dadi and Turbine Staff.

Regarding the renewal of the License 'basically just being a routine piece of business and we have no reason to think this won’t be a continuation of that.' - the confirmation of the renewal is pretty important to a lot of people in terms of their financial and time commitment to the game, and the sooner an official announcement of the actual renewal is made the sooner everyone can get on with some of the spending they may be holding off of. And the sooner we can dispense with a lot of the Prophecies of Doom.

I made my commitment a Lifetime ago, and I'll be here whatever.

Looking forward to Part 2.

Cheers

Added German and Russian translations.
    dadislotroguides.com

Added German and Russian translations.
    Thank you very much!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast