We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 170
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    909

    Update 17.2 Beta #1 Release Notes & Known Issues - PRELIMINARY AND NON-FINAL - BULLROARER ONLY

    Bullroarer is now open. Please join us this weekend to preview an Update 17.2 build. We welcome your feedback.

    The following release notes are for the Bullroarer public test server only and may not reflect the final list of changes or updates included at release.


    These notes are not final and should be viewed as a work in progress and subject to change.

    The Eyes and Guard Tavern is now open!
    For some players, our in-game bug reporting tool is failing to open. If you cannot access the bug reporting tool in-game, please visit http://lotrobugs.turbine.com/ to report a bug.
    Copies to Bullroarer are currently unavailable.

    Important Note: Please be aware that the build you are seeing here is a work in progress and is by no means the finished Update 17.2 product. There are items that are not yet complete. There may also be items missing from this initial list, this is not intentional and will be added as we progress.

    Emote collection UI:
    You can now see all emotes available to the free people of middle-earth in the Collections Panel.
    • In the new emote tab you can preview emotes, learn how to earn them, and perform emotes directly from this panel.
    • You can also drag emotes from this panel to your skill quickslots.
    • Please note that we are aware of an issue in this Bullroarer build where your emote collection window will not size properly on first opening (causing some emotes to be hidden). Resizing the Collection panel to any size by dragging the bottom corner will fix the problem.


    Quests have been added in Minas Tirith:
    • A new public endgame space in the Cisterns is available.
    • New quests can be found near the Stone Theatre (in the northern 1st Tier), inside the Houses of Lore, inside the Houses of Healing, at the Citadel, at the Training Ground, and near the Baths of Belecthor (in the 4th Tier).
    • Stable travel options have been added in Minas Tirith.
    • If you have already completed all of his adventures, George at Sandson's Farm might just have a new one waiting in the wings.


    Instances and Currency:
    • The barter costs for Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment have been decreased.
    • Sambrog is now a more challenging instance and the Mark and Medallion rewards for Sambrog have been increased.
    • Dol Amroth Endgame Tokens:
      - Dol Amroth currency reward boxes (Armoury Box, Great Hall Box, etc.) no longer grant tokens of other faction. Instead, they will only contain Silver Tokens of Dol Amroth and the token appropriate for that faction. For example, Great Hall boxes will only contain Silver Tokens and Great Hall Tokens.
      - You may now exchange different Dol Amroth currencies for one another at a 2:1 ratio. The Pets barter vendor in the Court of the Fount is now the Pets and Currency Exchange vendor. He will trade 10 Dol Amroth tokens of any kind (except Gold) in exchange for a box that will let you select 5 Dol Amroth tokens of another type.


    Housing:
    • Large and special furniture hooks now accept thin furniture.
    • All tree housing decorations now slot into small exterior hooks with the exception of Shire Oak Tree.
    • Gondorian candelabra lights when used.
    • Birch Trees now correctly use fall colors.


    Classes:
    • All MELEE mounted combat skills now do more damage (including melee auto-attack). Melee damage should be approximately doubled.
    • Loremaster: Sign of Power: Command and Sign of Power: See All Ends now correctly apply Force of Will and Enfeeble simultaneously.
    • Minstrel: Soliloquy of Spirit no longer has idle time preventing other skills after executing.
    • Champion: Devastating, Brutal, and Ferocious Strikes have shorter action durations. These skills should feel less 'clunky'.
    • Lore-master: Giant Eagle pets with the Sacrifice skill active should again properly revive their defeated masters.
    • The Warden skills Brink of Victory and Surety of Death can no longer be Blocked, Parried, or Evaded, but can be Resisted.
    • Burglar: targets marked by "Coup De Grâce" should properly cause you to enter Stealth on defeat.
    • Burglars now have a ranged mounted combat damage skill - The Red Dawn version of All in the Wrist is now a ranged skill


    Other Changes:
    • You can now give your pets names with "-" in them.
    • The Flirt emote nows plays flirt sound for all races.
    • Fishing - fishing line now shows properly.
    • The tooltip for crafted coffee items has been corrected to accurately reflect what has always been true - that the speed buff is out-of-combat run speed only.
    • A black dye recipe has been added to the Scholar's Guild recipe vendor.
    • The Westemnet crafting journal recipes available at the Minas Tirith Quartermaster and the Helmingas Quartermaster no longer require Helmingas reputation.
    • Reputation gain has been added to Norcroft and Entwash Vale repeatable quests!
    • Reputation has been added to Eastern Rohan Warbands!
    • Removed the Mithril Travel option from III.2.6, since using it could remove you from the dungeon incorrectly.
    • Billboards in 'Instance: A Restful Night' now echo properly to the chat log.
    • The physics on the prisoners in the I.12.6 instance was making them appear outside their cells.
    • Quest titles in Volume II Book 4 now properly contain their chapter prefixes.
    • Langhar's animation was breaking during 'Instance: Hatred of Bear and Man,' but now it has been fixed.
    • KINSHIPS: The Founder title will be properly granted to Kin Founders who have transferred shards along with their Kinships. If the Kin leader at time of transfer was not the Founder, but received the Founder title, they will lose it.
    Last edited by Tybur; Jan 11 2016 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Clearing up coffee confusion. The LOTRO Store on Bullroarer is available again.

  2. #2
    Awesome, thanks for opening it this weekend

    When will we be able to copy updated chars over?
    Last edited by Jillymala; Jan 07 2016 at 10:53 PM.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

    "Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    You can now see all emotes available to the free people of middle-earth in the Collections Panel.
    While this is a really a minor feature, I still got pretty excited when trying it out. It looks good, filtering is good, counter is good, preview is good (would have been nice to be able to increase size), information where emotes are from is good, quickslot-feature is pretty cool.
    At first sight I thought "man, why is there no 'Use emote'-button". I figured pretty soon that I can rightclick or doubleclick to use the emote, but I'm not sure that is very obvious.
    While not groundbreaking, I think this is a good addition to the game. The current list is simply not made for 177 emotes.

    Something I'm really missing here is information of what the output of the emotes are. For example, if I select Bow it would have been nice if it gave me the following text:
    First person: You bow.
    First person with target: You bow deeply before <target>.
    Third person: <name> bows deeply.
    Third person with target: <name> bows deeply before <target>.

    I think you should be able to fit this in, it would be very informational. If not in the main window, perhaps via a tooltip or a popup.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    Quests have been added in Minas Tirith
    Nice!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    The barter costs for Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment have been decreased.
    This is just awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    Dol Amroth Endgame Tokens:
    - Dol Amroth currency reward boxes (Armoury Box, Great Hall Box, etc.) no longer grant tokens of other faction. Instead, they will only contain Silver Tokens of Dol Amroth and the token appropriate for that faction. For example, Great Hall boxes will only contain Silver Tokens and Great Hall Tokens.
    - You may now exchange different Dol Amroth currencies for one another at a 2:1 ratio. The Pets barter vendor in the Court of the Fount is now the Pets and Currency Exchange vendor. He will trade 10 Dol Amroth tokens of any kind (except Gold) in exchange for a box that will let you select 5 Dol Amroth tokens of another type.
    This is also a very good change that makes the grind less random and more predictable. It's cool that Silver Tokens are included in this. I think the 2:1 ratio is good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    All MELEE mounted combat skills now do more damage
    This is a step in the right direction. To be honest, I don't think this change is enough to fix DPS in mounted combat. I don't play much mounted combat as melee, but on my hunter I do maybe 1/3 or 1/4 as much DPS on steed compared to on foot. So it's not like I ever use it except for survivability or when I am too lazy to dismount. Unless what you're after is survivability with okayish DPS on steed and good DPS on foot.

    Also, I am sad to say that it did not take more than 15 minutes of play before I got my first crash. And that is with DirectX 9 and Medium settings, having played on DirectX 11 Ultra High previously.
    And lastly, too bad that the long awaited "Searching the Debris"-fix doesn't seem to make it this time either.

    Regards

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    Emote collection UI:
    You can now see all emotes available to the free people of middle-earth in the Collections Panel.
    • In the new emote tab you can preview emotes, learn how to earn them, and perform emotes directly from this panel.
    • You can also drag emotes from this panel to your skill quickslots.
    I love the new emotes collections. It would be nice to have them separated like the mounts and pets though, with title rewards for collecting them all in each category. Dragging them to shortcuts is my favourite part. Just gave it a go and it works really well.

    I really hope the mounts and pets get this treatment too - since they no where near represent all the mounts and pets in the game.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    Quests have been added in Minas Tirith:
    • A new public endgame space in the Cisterns is available.
    • New quests can be found near the Stone Theatre (in the northern 1st Tier), inside the Houses of Lore, inside the Houses of Healing, at the Citadel, at the Training Ground, and near the Baths of Belecthor (in the 4th Tier).
    • If you have already completed all of his adventures, George at Sandson's Farm might just have a new one waiting in the wings.
    Ooh, looking forward to seeing these new quests.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post

    Instances and Currency:
    • The barter costs for Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment have been decreased.
    • Dol Amroth Endgame Tokens:
      - Dol Amroth currency reward boxes (Armoury Box, Great Hall Box, etc.) no longer grant tokens of other faction. Instead, they will only contain Silver Tokens of Dol Amroth and the token appropriate for that faction. For example, Great Hall boxes will only contain Silver Tokens and Great Hall Tokens.
      - You may now exchange different Dol Amroth currencies for one another at a 2:1 ratio. The Pets barter vendor in the Court of the Fount is now the Pets and Currency Exchange vendor. He will trade 10 Dol Amroth tokens of any kind (except Gold) in exchange for a box that will let you select 5 Dol Amroth tokens of another type.
    /Dance_man3

    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post

    Housing:
    • Large and special furniture hooks now accept thin furniture.
    • All tree housing decorations now slot into small exterior hooks with the exception of Shire Oak Tree.
    • Gondorian candelabra lights when used.
    • Birch Trees now correctly use fall colors.

    Very nice changes. Small, but will make a big difference.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    • Burglars now have a ranged mounted combat damage skill - The Red Dawn version of All in the Wrist is now a ranged skill
    My recently 'blessed' burglar has pretty much been going on foot - I may check out the Red Dawn when this hits live. Any chance of burglars joining their fellow rogue kin in being able to adequately wield a bow?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,054
    I see some very positive changes and fixes here, especially the skill fixes, while the grind reduction along with the removal of drop-gambling from at least one bit of the process is definitely the star of the show.

    Keep it up guys!

  7. #7
    Feedback from what I tested tonight:

    Sammy:
    Still sort of 'meh', but less 'meh' then regular.
    Nice additions of mobs, nice addition of harder mobs, nice addition of a room you can't skip.
    Sammy still took about 30 seconds with 4 of us.

    Total Meds (including sides): 46
    Total Marks (including sides): 411
    Still about 115 s to 180s per mob, so still viable gold farm
    Got a Star lit in chest at end.

    13 marks for a side quest seems small to me.
    9 meds and 35 marks for a side quest also seems small.

    Barter Costs:
    Finally! My stable of forsaken alts thank you!


    Emote panel:
    Pure fluff, I love it.
    Great job updating everything and showing us exactly what we have and don't.
    And the animations are mostly great! Thank you!
    Flirt emote on elf and man race females are slightly.. adult film star'esque.....but not at bad as before.
    I'd love to see more options that don't drive us to the store to complete the collection though.



    New Deeds:

    They seem painful at first but you go to all the locations anyways so it's not that bad.
    Would be really nice if you could read them mounted, to save the dismount/remount time as that was the most annoying thing about it.

    I like the new Pier one, that was fun to find by doing the Chicken quest. I won't spoil it for others, but thanks!


    Stable:
    I like that you've added the tiers but would prefer the tier # as well, every time I want to go to T3 I have to open the map and figure out what it's name is as I have yet to (and probably won't) memorize each tier name. I found myself just using the horses behind the fountain instead as it was easier for me.


    New Quests (the few I did tonight):
    They were good so far, I like that they brought me to new interiors and wow, the Feast Hall is amazing, great job!
    They weren't too tedious and would be a nice break from the Forlong or Bergil quests.
    The chicken quest.. well, I was a little horrified.. but then took the plunge and ended up surprised.
    I really liked the sparring quest, wish it was repeatable.. although wouldn't have minded a bit more difficulty
    The baths were fast and easy but didn't take me more around the baths as I would have hoped. Kinda just stayed in the doorway ish and the whole interior is really nice.


    New faction, Burgsmen:
    I've no idea how to open this. Since we can't copy new chars over it's painful to have to do all the quests to get rep or try to figure out what I needed.
    I did all the Bergil quests, did all the Cistern quests, I got friend rep and still nothing. If anyone figures it out I'd appreciate it.


    Supreme Essences at the Eyes and Guard:
    Was nice to see them all there for us to use easily, most surprising was Supreme Evade, does this mean it's going live finally?

    Anyways, that's all for tonight.
    Here are a few link (won't spoil it for people by inserting pics) of a few places.

    http://i.imgur.com/iBPQT3i.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/JuWOwzK.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/WkNiZZq.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/1vZwUP3.jpg
    Last edited by Jillymala; Jan 08 2016 at 03:35 AM.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

    "Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

  8. #8
    Some nice changes

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    • Champion: Devastating, Brutal, and Ferocious Strikes have shorter action durations. These skills should feel less 'clunky'.


    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Wasn't expecting it to be reduced as much as it has, was very surprising.


    Some very nice other changes, especially to empowerments and DA token boxes. Any chance essence recipes barter prices could be cut in half also?

    Star-lit crystals from stars of merit barter also got reduced from 500->300 which isn't in these patch notes, this was nice to see.

  10. #10
    Lot of nice improvements, especially with class skills (my burglar will be very happy about ranged mounted skill), but one thing I have hoped to see ever since Beornings were added in game:

    Please, give us Dol Amroth medium Nadhin armour set with might FINALLY!!!

  11. #11
    An update for Pets and Horse Collection would be great! I love the new changes.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Supreme Essences at the Eyes and Guard:
    Was nice to see them all there for us to use easily, most surprising was Supreme Evade, does this mean it's going live finally?
    Would be nice to have the two missing supremes, blocking and evasion, in the game.

    The supreme Resistance has still the incorrect value for Incoming Healing Rating. It should be 307.2.


  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    [*]Champion: Devastating, Brutal, and Ferocious Strikes have shorter action durations. These skills should feel less 'clunky'.
    Brilliant - Thank you so much! Perfect timing as I have just replaced my redline 2 hander!

    And the Supreme Essences of Evasion give me something to do!

    Many thanks to the devs for listening and acting on genuine player concerns.

  14. #14
    Burg gets changes to MC but not actual combat? That's disappointing. Burgs could use a little love, they don't have the ridiculous mechanics of Warden or Beorning but still need to work harder than any other class to cap mits...and are melee (don't question my QQ, Hunts!).

    My suggestions....Surprise Strike is overtly broken, the skill is almost completely useless because of the animation. You should make it Immediate and up the cooldown slightly, Turbine. It's suppose to be one of a Burg's core skills but the best rotation is one that uses it the least.
    "It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

  15. #15
    The LIs SoE 'ungrind" is good but is not enough, if you realise we're just returning to the previus state of U17 in terms of grind.

    Turbine must "ungrind" the Crystals, Essences and Trait Points.

    Sugestions here:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...are-not-enough

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    [*]Champion: Devastating, Brutal, and Ferocious Strikes have shorter action durations. These skills should feel less 'clunky'.
    Hallelujah.

    I hope it works

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Corinthians View Post
    The LIs SoE 'ungrind" is good but is not enough, if you realise we're just returning to the previus state of U17 in terms of grind.

    Turbine must "ungrind" the Crystals, Essences and Trait Points.

    Sugestions here:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...are-not-enough
    I would dearly love it if they sold Trait Points in the store using the system that already exists for Promotion Points. I would definitely buy them on several characters. #### ever going through West Rohan again.
    "It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

  18. #18
    Burglar: targets marked by "Coup De Grâce" should properly cause you to enter Stealth on defeat



    I sure hope this fixes the HiPS problem that has plagued me since update 17

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,348
    Turbine, instead of trying to play smart and upping one instance damage just flat out increase t1 mob health by 50% and damage by 25-50% even after this fix they should be soloable by good players but at least average group would need some kind of healing in them. Even after these changes on bullroarer one can easily solo sambrog and rest of t1 instances and raids stay way too easy.

    Just please go in school or library 3 man and check out trash mob healths. It's lower than landscape mobs have. Is this really WAI for you?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Turbine, instead of trying to play smart and upping one instance damage just flat out increase t1 mob health by 50% and damage by 25-50% even after this fix they should be soloable by good players but at least average group would need some kind of healing in them. Even after these changes on bullroarer one can easily solo sambrog and rest of t1 instances and raids stay way too easy.

    Just please go in school or library 3 man and check out trash mob healths. It's lower than landscape mobs have. Is this really WAI for you?
    +50% morale and +25-50% damage would still mean they do less than landscape mobs.
    It should be at least +120% damage (as that was the landscape buff back in U12.3).

    Of course, this shouldn't apply to osgiliath instances as they are already set to landscape equivalents.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post
    +50% morale and +25-50% damage would still mean they do less than landscape mobs.
    It should be at least +120% damage (as that was the landscape buff back in U12.3).

    Of course, this shouldn't apply to osgiliath instances as they are already set to landscape equivalents.
    I would totally support huge dps increase but knowing how these forums are suggesting something reasonable like 2x damage often will mean bunch on people with no reference/knowledge how much damage they do as of now jump on you. On top of this turbine sadly seems to want to keep them way too easy.

    I agree something like erebor and osgiliath t1s are way more balanced than early game t1s. While still soloable on 3 man difficulty you at least take reasonable damage in them.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,188

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    • Burglars now have a ranged mounted combat damage skill - The Red Dawn version of All in the Wrist is now a ranged skill
    Oh thank Eru!
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone / Landroval / Anor

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post

    Classes:
    • All MELEE mounted combat skills now do more damage (including melee auto-attack). Melee damage should be approximately doubled.
    • Loremaster: Sign of Power: Command and Sign of Power: See All Ends now correctly apply Force of Will and Enfeeble simultaneously.
    • Minstrel: Soliloquy of Spirit no longer has idle time preventing other skills after executing.
    • Champion: Devastating, Brutal, and Ferocious Strikes have shorter action durations. These skills should feel less 'clunky'.
    • Lore-master: Giant Eagle pets with the Sacrifice skill active should again properly revive their defeated masters.
    • The Warden skills Brink of Victory and Surety of Death can no longer be Blocked, Parried, or Evaded, but can be Resisted.
    • Burglar: targets marked by "Coup De Grâce" should properly cause you to enter Stealth on defeat.
    • Burglars now have a ranged mounted combat damage skill - The Red Dawn version of All in the Wrist is now a ranged skill

    A number of welcome changes.

    When will Surprise Strike be changed to immediate for burgs?
    Can (at least yellow) LMs have their Sign of Power: Righteousness back?

  24. #24

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by infinitewhimsy View Post
    Burg gets changes to MC but not actual combat? That's disappointing. Burgs could use a little love, they don't have the ridiculous mechanics of Warden or Beorning but still need to work harder than any other class to cap mits...and are melee (don't question my QQ, Hunts!).

    My suggestions....Surprise Strike is overtly broken, the skill is almost completely useless because of the animation. You should make it Immediate and up the cooldown slightly, Turbine. It's suppose to be one of a Burg's core skills but the best rotation is one that uses it the least.
    100% agree

    burgs at the moment: Good dmg but +/- 19k moral #onehit
    Or: Good dev but 0 dmg

    burg in Moors: Horrible!

  25. #25
    So will there be an appropriate slight nerf to Champion damage in accordance with their AD fix?

 

 
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload