We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Update on Spring Festival 2015

As you may have noticed, the Spring Festival went live and there were no new rewards this year. This was not intentional. We actually have some new rewards for you, they however decided that they were not going to show up.

In light of this, we are turning off the festival for now and will reschedule it to go live a little closer to summer, on June 9th. This will be around the time of Update 16.1 and will fit in with what we already have as a scheduled downtime for the update.

We appreciate everyone’s understanding and we do hope you will enjoy the new rewards once we have turned back on the Spring Festival and everything is working as intended.

thanks for the news Frelorn! Will be waiting for the festival and the cosmetic hunt to be back on track soon
    My Lotro blog :)

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    As you may have noticed, the Spring Festival went live and there were no new rewards this year. This was not intentional. We actually have some new rewards for you, they however decided that they were not going to show up.

In light of this, we are turning off the festival for now and will reschedule it to go live a little closer to summer, on June 9th. This will be around the time of Update 16.1 and will fit in with what we already have as a scheduled downtime for the update.

We appreciate everyone’s understanding and we do hope you will enjoy the new rewards once we have turned back on the Spring Festival and everything is working as intended.
    Thanks for the Info Frelorn. Glad 16.1 is going to be here June 9th .
    LotroComplete - Get it in the App Store Today.
    Check Lotro Sever Status at: https://www.lotrostatus.com

on June 9th. This
    Hmm... Now to choose:

ESO or Spring Fest?
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

The popup quest seems to still be active on Dwarrowdelf, btw. Not sure if you just haven't gotten to Dwarrow yet, or it's bugged.
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

Thank for the reply. I knew that couldn't be intentional. Im looking forward to the new pretty things of spring 2015!

Great, thanks for this update Hopefully 16.1 will bring the much needed loot fixes for Osgiliath T1!
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Thanks, Frelorn! No new rewards meant I was just going to play catch-up with the alts who had been created after the Spring festival last year. Now I'll be more motivated to actually participate!

Yay! Thank you very much A horse-collector in me is happy again

So *that's* why I failed the spring festival run in mid-race. They must have shut it off just after I started racing.

Are the rewards going to be more than the ridiculous usual of 1 horse, 1 caparison, 2 cloaks (hooded and not), and 1 ugly robe? If not, then I wouldn't bother putting the festival back up at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Solstyce View Post
    So, instead of fixing the new awards you guys are just going to have us wait 3 weeks? I thought this was suppose to be the Spring Festival, now it seems why don't you guys just up and run the Summer one too. I am not sure who sets these dates for these things but something should be done. Each date is set wayyyy off base. Spring Fest should be around March/April, Summer, June/July, Farmers should be around Aug, Fall around September and Yule in December. Each time a date is set it is not even close to the actual season you guys say it will be.
    Ummm...It is still Spring?

Seasons of 2015:

SPRING EQUINOX

March 20, 6:45 P.M. EDT

SUMMER SOLSTICE

June 21, 12:38 P.M. EDT

FALL EQUINOX

September 23, 4:21 A.M. EDT

WINTER SOLSTICE

December 21, 11:48 P.M. EST

Quote Originally Posted by LurtzArcher View Post
    Ummm...It is still Spring?

Seasons of 2015:

SPRING EQUINOX

March 20, 6:45 P.M. EDT

SUMMER SOLSTICE

June 21, 12:38 P.M. EDT

FALL EQUINOX

September 23, 4:21 A.M. EDT

WINTER SOLSTICE

December 21, 11:48 P.M. EST
    They said June 9th...pretty dang close to summer time. And way off base from Spring lol and also, I know the seasons and the correct date. What I was saying is that LOTRO does not set their dates off the right ones. Who puts a Spring Festival in June when it's suppose to be in April? or the Harvest one in Oct when it should be in Sept.
    Last edited by Solstyce; May 19 2015 at 05:01 PM.

I had the surreal experience of being in the middle of a Spring Festival quest when it was turned off. I got a message that I had failed the quest so I went back to get it again (to no avail), and subsequently spent 30 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong. Fortunately, I came here before submitting a /bug.

So my suggestion is that the next time you do something like that, please precede it with a Global Broadcast message so that we aren't confused.

Cheers!
    Chief Superintendent of The Lous
    Landroval
    "Come on by; we have pie."

Quote Originally Posted by Louvalinor View Post
    I had the surreal experience of being in the middle of a Spring Festival quest when it was turned off. I got a message that I had failed the quest so I went back to get it again (to no avail), and subsequently spent 30 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong. Fortunately, I came here before submitting a /bug.

So my suggestion is that the next time you do something like that, please precede it with a Global Broadcast message so that we aren't confused.

Cheers!
    Same, I was doing "A Fistful of Flowers" and it shut off with 30 minutes remaining. A bit irritating but at least I got to collect some for the date of it's new release.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebria View Post
    Are the rewards going to be more than the ridiculous usual of 1 horse, 1 caparison, 2 cloaks (hooded and not), and 1 ugly robe? If not, then I wouldn't bother putting the festival back up at all.
    because some of use ENJOY the festivals and rewards. *hands you a lolly to put you in a better mood*

See you in June 9th <Laerien closes the LotRO client>

Quote Originally Posted by Solstyce View Post
    They said June 9th...pretty dang close to summer time. And way off base from Spring lol and also, I know the seasons and the correct date. What I was saying is that LOTRO does not set their dates off the right ones. Who puts a Spring Festival in June when it's suppose to be in April? come on now.
    It can't be in April because of Anniversary Festival.

Therefore May is the month it should be. i.e. now. Obviously this year we'll have to get in a spring state of mind during June :P
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    It can't be in April because of Anniversary Festival.

Therefore May is the month it should be. i.e. now. Obviously this year we'll have to get in a spring state of mind during June :P
    lol, Ikr? I just wish they actually would do like they use to when the game first launched. Everything was set on track back then, now it seems the schedule is all over the place.

Part of why we decided to include the fix with Update 16.1 is to try and avoid more downtime for players. Noone likes extra downtime, us included.

Part of why we decided to include the fix with Update 16.1 is to try and avoid more downtime for players. Noone likes extra downtime, us included.
    Yes, you do make a good point none can argue with. One of the reasons I love having you as our new CM. : )

thanks! and yes nobody likes downtime

Since there is no Spring festival, can you gives us some other type of event for this holiday weekend and the next one.
    How about a Mark bonus weekend -> May 21st -May 25th. (Lots of us need the marks with the new imbuement costs.)
    Lootbox May 29->31st

I think we would all enjoy this

Thanks
    Silverlode Server

Quote Originally Posted by wbhz View Post
    since there is no spring festival, can you gives us some other type of event for this holiday weekend and the next one.
    How about a mark bonus weekend -> may 21st -may 25th. (lots of us need the marks with the new imbuement costs.)
    lootbox may 29->31st

i think we would all enjoy this

thanks
    treasure hunt!!!!!!!!

That's not just closer to summer. That is summer.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast