Jan 30 2013 12:05 PM #1
UPDATE 10 PRELIMINARY RELEASE NOTES -Bullroarer Only (1) - SUBJECT TO CHANGE
The following release notes are for the Bullroarer public test server only and may not reflect the final list of changes or updates included at release.
Please be aware that everything listed here is subject to change. These notes are not final.
Of Special Note
- Mithril Coins are now available. Please read the Q&A for more information.
- Instance loot has been revamped.
- Warden's have received a change to their primary stat. Wardens will now have Agility as their primary stat.
Critical Defence Changes
- Monster Play
- The amount of Critical Defence provided by the innate Armour Passive has been reduced. We wanted to create more parity between Freep and Creep access to Critical Defence and felt that the base values were so high they did not encourage investment in Critical Protection Corruptions.
- The amount of Critical Defence provided by Critcial Protection Corruptiosn has been increased to 1376 per Corruption.
Critical Rating Revision
- Critical Rating now increases both chance to critically hit and the magnitudes of both your critical and devastating critical hits. Critical Hit chance caps or conversion rates have not been altered by this change.
- All skills (unless otherwise stated in the skill) have a base 1.5x Critical Damage and 2.0 Devastating Critical Damage. Critical Rating now adds to those values.
- Critical Defence's conversion rate to Critical Damage Reduction has been modified to be a counter stat to Critical Rating.
- Critical Defence will now be available on Armour, Jewelry, and Shields for all classes.
Critical Defence for mobs
- Signature or Greater mobs now have Critical Defence with the amount increasing based on mob type.
Critical Effect Revision
- For effects delivered by skills: If the skill delivery is Critical or Devastating, then the applied effects will always crit; if the skill does not crit, then the applied effects will never crit.
- Note: This change applies to instant effects, and to the initial pulse of damage-over-time effects (DoTs) and healing-over-time effects (HoTs). Subsequent pulses of DoTs and HoTs will roll for critical effect just as before.
- Fate has undergone a rather large revamp and should now provide much more noticeable effects on ICPR as players stat into it. Will and Power have also undergone noticeable changes, as Will will no longer contribute to players' power pools. Instead, players will receive an increased amount of Power at each level (50/level for non Will-users and 65/level for Will-users), and all skill costs will now be based on a percentage of this power. Each class has also undergone adjustements to their overall power consumption/restoration rates in an attempt to normalize combat longevity.
- Agility will now provide 1 point of crit rating whereas Fate will provide 2.5
- Will now provides 2 points of Tactical Mitigation to compensate for the loss of power contribution
- Wardens will now derive their mastery ratings from both Might and Agility. Once U11 hits, these ratings will only be derived from Agility.
- Champions will now receive 6 points of Parry from Might rather than 4 points of Block and 2 points of Parry
The following NEW instances are now available
- The Bells of Dale (6 Player)
- Flight to the Lonely Mountain (12 player)
- The Fires of Smaug (12 Player)
- The Battle for Erebor (12 Player)
In Their absence
- All of the instances in the “In their Absence” instance cluster have been scaled from level 65 up to level cap.
Several MTX buffs now have stackable durations. Using one of these items again before the first item's duration has elapsed will increase the buff's duration by the normal duration of the buff. For example, using two +25% Mark Acquisition (90 min) will give you 3 hours of buff duration.
- +10% Run Speed Boost (90 min)
- Scroll of Max Morale and Power (90 minutes)
- +5% Attack Damage (90 min)
- +25% Mark Acquisition (90 min)
- Tome of Extraordinary Experience
- Tome of Accelerated War-steed Training
- Slayer and Skill Deed Boost (90 min)
- Tome of Defence
- +20% Renown (3 hours)
- +20% Infamy (3 hours)
It’s the little things.
"Enable Involuntary Emotes" has been added to your social options panel. This option is set to “enable” by default.
When enabled, you will execute emotes when nearby players target you with emote inducing skills, such as Minstrel and Captain class skills, and festival item skills. This was the previous behavior for all players.
Disabling “Enable Involuntary Emotes” will allow you to opt out of involuntary emotes (emotes which another player is attempting to force you to execute).
Players who have disabled involuntary emotes are treated as immune to these effects. If you attempt to force such a player to execute an involuntary emote, you will see “Immune” appear briefly above them. Affected players will also see the “Immune” text when they resist an involuntary emote effect.
Dread on Defeat effects removed.
Players will no longer receive the dread effect when defeated. This applies to defeat dread only. Other forums of dead will continue to exist as before.
Monster Kill XP adjustments
XP from mobs that are more than 8 levels above has been zeroed out to prevent some extreme cases where scaling could provide unintended amounts of experience
- Fellows who have not contributed to a monster kill will now get a chance for their own quest items similar to how normal item loot works
- The Rouse Spirit perk has been removed in accordance with the removal of Defeat Dread.
- Fixed a bug that could allow a player to complete a remote bestow quest objective while traveling, with strange results.
- Fixed a problem that could cause strange behavior with Tasks when in a raid group. Completing Tasks should now work properly when in a raid group.
- Bound Lootboxes should no longer drop Golden Tokens of the Riddermark.
- "Quick of Foot" Stamp cooldown reduction changed from 15s to 10s.
- The Tooltip tooltip for the trait, "Quick of Foot" now accurately states that it reduces the cooldown of Stamp by 10s instead of 15s.
- The Trait "Skillful Blocking" is changing names to "Combat Positioning", and will now proc from Evades and Partial Evades instead of Blocks and Partial Blocks in keeping with the change from Might to Agility as a Primary Stat.
- Some Assailment skills were not properly advancing deeds. Assailment versions of skills should now advance deeds as intended.
- Rohirrim Discipline: +200 War-steed Armour Rating has been replaced by +10% War-steed Morale
- Riddermark: Discipline: +10% War-steed Morale has been replaced with an increase to Power Cost Reduction (From 10% to 20%)
- Mearas-lore: Cooldown has been increased to 30 seconds
- In Rohirrim, targets damage and attack speed will be further decreased (From 10% to 20%)
- In Riddermark, attacks will now have a 10% chance to dismount target for the next 10 seconds
- In Red Dawn, target's tactical and physical mitigation will be further decreased (From 10% to 20%)
- Bond of the Rider: Number of targets has been increased from 1 to 3
- Sign of Power: Inspiration: This skill is now a toggle
- Rohirrim Discipline will now provide a bonus to evade chance rather than incoming healing
- Flay Open will now restore power to players, rather than morale (in Rohirrim)
- Seeking Arrow will now restore morale to players, rather than power (in Rohirrim)
- Increased the potency of the Mounted Minstrel Skill “Anthem of the Red Dawn” to buff damage by 10% instead of 5%.
- Fixed an issue that caused some mounted monsters to exhibit super-awesome-speed when dismounted by water.
- The monster Skutog will now use mounted flanking movement behavior instead of ranged.
- Uruk-hai Raider attacks will now animate when wielding a 1-handed weapon
- Minstrel, Warden, and Rune-keeper skills are now affected by Silence
- Spotted War-steed trait and Orc Head on a Pike trait cannot be re-used if the character already has the trait.
- Reduced the induction time on learning some new skills and trait from 10 seconds to 4 seconds.
- Fixed a typo in the War-steed panel for Wardens. “Wargen” changed to “Warden”
- The War-steed's Power Trait will now reduce the cost of using Spur On. If Power is fully ranked up, there will be no additional power cost of using your skills. The Power trait will also decrease the power usage per second cost of using Spur On.
- Guardian skill Driving Slash was not lowering monster armour correctly.
- The visual effects for the Burglar skill All in the Wrist are now aligned correctly for hobbits.
- The simple tail should now accept dyes correctly.
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to deal trample damage to banners
Freep Battlefield Promotions
- Freeps now gain a Battlefield Promotion effect for each PvMP Rank they earn.
- Battlefield Promotions grant bonus Health, Power and Damage for each Glory Rank the player has.
- Battlefield Promotions are only active while in the Ettenmoors.
Instances, Raids, Skirmishes
Guldur Goblins will no longer drop scaling equipment
The level 85 Dol Guldur armour sets now have the correct amount of armour for each piece.
Skirmishes - The original Barad Guldur sets are now available from the Classic skirmish vendors. New level 85 versions, with updated stats and different appearances are also available.
The following instances now use Remote Looting
- Library at Tham Mírdain
- School at Tham Mírdain
- Halls of Night
- Inn of the Forsaken
- Great Barrow: Sambrog
- Great Barrow: The Maxe
- Great Barrow: Thadúr
- Annuminas: Glinghant
- Annuminas: Ost Elendil
- Annuminas: Haudh Valandil
- Fornost: Wraith of Water
- Fornost: Wraith of Earth
- Fornost: Wraith of Fire
- Fornost: Wraith of Shadow
- In Their Absence: Ost Dunhoth
- In Their Absence: Sâri-surma
- In Their Absence: The Northcotton Farm
- In Their Absence: Lost Temple
- In Their Absence: Stoneheight
The majority of the poison themed dots and debuffs should now be on the same equivalence channel, meaning that multiple removeable poison effects on a single player should be a rare occurance.
Curing one of these poison effects (except for the most minor ones) should place a protection effect that bars further poisons from appearing for about a 30s duration.
- The Seer's Orb has been changed from the Small Furniture category to the Thin Furniture category.
- Shield of Shattered Manacles now gives players some Might, in addition to everything else.
- Padded Robes of the Entwash will now give Tactical Mastery, in place of Physical. Because light armor wearers TOTALLY want Physical Mastery.
- Updating the Hauberk of Reclamation to call Might, instead of Will -- this is intended for healing captains.
- Sword of the Ancestors has been made Rare quality, with upgraded stats.
- Curse of Deadly Sorrows and Banner of Terror should now debuff Tactical Mastery instead of Will.
The following weapons have received Slayer Types:
- Coldfells Vengeance
- Seeker's Blade
- Inquisitor's Edge
- Recipes for First Age weapons and class items can now be found on the Legendary Craft Guild NPCs.
- Crafted armor for Tiers 1-4 has undergone some re-leveling to make the armor levels within each crafting tier consistent. Crafted Light and Medium armor within these tiers has also had some of their stats replaced with stats more beneficial to the classes they support.
- Crafting XP values are being adjusted down
- Crafting Guild Reputation Items are now only useable by players who are actively a member of the respective Crafting Guild.
- Standardized the names of Tier 1 through Tier 9 relics. This should make it a little easier to tell what the main stat is when selecting a sealed relic from a quest reward.
- Slightly lowered the amount of xp on the heritage runes received when refining relics. The amount of xp will increase as the level/tier of the relic being refined increases.
- Town Services & NPCs
- No more having to travel out of town to make that tasty trailfood treat! Cooks will now be able to use ovens, as well as campfires, to make their trailfoods.
- Tooltips for Skills, Items, and Effects will now more consistently use red to indicate harmfulness
- Mounted enemies who have been dismounted will now mount up again when they reset
- The Exalted Combatant Effect which is applied to Champions in Glory when they are traited 4 deep into the Martial Champion line is now correctly suppressed when the champion is mounted and reenabled when the champion dismounts.
- The “Find Items” feature now darkens the non-matching items and bag icons instead of using the “New Item” swirlies
- The “New Item” indicator should now be visible on items that you can't use
- The use of the Revial Service will no longer log "You Succumb to Your Wounds" in the chat window. Instead it will report that you have been revived.
- Lone-lands: Quest counts have been lowered for a number of quests (eg. Instead of kill 24 wights, it's now kill 10.) Quest kills should now be in the 8-12 range, which we feel is a more reasonable number.
- Angmar monster-kill quests have been adjusted to have shorter objectives and higher drop rates for quest items. (This change affects mostly solo quests.)
- The drama sequence toward the end of the I.11.4 instance has been made completeable once again.
- Removed a little bit of the stun from “Stunland” (Brigands do significantly less stun and much more fun!)
Last edited by Sapience; Jan 30 2013 at 12:20 PM.
Jan 30 2013 12:27 PM #2
You said you wanted to rock the boat, and you have done quite that, creep OOC on my server is already in uproar! Well done, keep it coming. I hoped for more mind you, changes that is, not QQ
Last edited by TiberPancake; Jan 30 2013 at 12:46 PM.
Jan 30 2013 12:29 PM #3
No more forced emotes!!!!!!!!!! Praise the lord
Like that the crafting xp is being lowered.
Jan 30 2013 12:31 PM #4
awesome !!!! now freeps will have a very good reason to farm their own reavers over and over againSahachiel ( R6)- RK,Juliocep- (R7) Stalker,Sheloob ( R9)-Weaver , Renloob(R5) Blackarrow
Jan 30 2013 12:32 PM #5
Given how much I love the Martial Champion rotation, I'm definitely happy to see that change to Might for them, and the addition of crit defence to gear!
Jan 30 2013 12:33 PM #6
Patching bullroarer now, would like to try OD with some people.. PM me in-game on bullroarer if u wanna join
Jan 30 2013 12:33 PM #7
Jan 30 2013 12:38 PM #8
Was it really necessary to increase stamp cd when traited? Now that all other classes have had their interruptions nerfed, guardians, when facing a boss who did multiple inductions were able to interrupt quickly and efficiently. Now, its been made that little bit harder, for no apparent reason.
Tirian, R6 GRD, Tolabar, R6 BRG, Tolobain, R6 WVR, Tologar, R4 HNT, Tarthan, R4 CHM
Jan 30 2013 12:39 PM #9
Wow what a ... horrid set of changes. The power changes are nuts, make will a lot less needed on say minstrels and fate a lot more so, yet you gave us all armour full of will not fate at end game, I shall see how the power "percentages" work out on the minstrel but why people couldnt just build like most of us have been for ages to actually give them a viable power pool.
And of course minstrels now also have an utterly useless skill with the removal of on defeat dread.
Jan 30 2013 12:40 PM #10
So, if I'm trying to get a consumable deed, and click someone who has emotes disabled, what happens? Did I just waste festival tokens?
Purposely using proper grammar and punctuation since 1998!
Commodore64 + 8B RAM + 7MB HD + 286 + Gravis Ultrasound Midi
Jan 30 2013 12:43 PM #11
Please don't ruin the game, ok?
Why does Turbine want to deliberately ruin the game experience for everyone who cares about fiddling with their stats and instead opt out to go this ridiculous babysitting mode?
Will and Power have also undergone noticeable changes, as Will will no longer contribute to players' power pools. Instead, players will receive an increased amount of Power at each level (50/level for non Will-users and 65/level for Will-users), and all skill costs will now be based on a percentage of this power. Each class has also undergone adjustements to their overall power consumption/restoration rates in an attempt to normalize combat longevity.
This isn't normalizing anything, it's just artifical way of making the gap between well geared player and badly geared player smaller.
The new legendary bracelets that came with 9.1 seem to support this, congrats on completing all of the content, now go farm 3000 landscape mobs a day for the best gear in game.
After every update this game just seems to slide further and further in to an ideology where the devs tell us what to do and what to wear so that you don't have to think yourself.
Is this what players desire?
Apart from small minority, I doubt anyone wants to play a game where nothing matters since everyone is equal without any effort.
Seems like that every update is more casual oriented leaving any serious gaming aside.
Does Turbine really want to scare away all the raiders so you no longer have to develop any new content for us?
Jan 30 2013 12:44 PM #12
Jan 30 2013 12:44 PM #13
Jan 30 2013 12:46 PM #14
It does make me wonder what would happen if everyone disabled it; would that then not make the deeds impossible to complete? Perhaps, as the option reads "Enable Involuntary Emotes" (and not "Enable Involuntary Emote Effects On Self"), it should disable them in BOTH directions: giving and receiving. That might also help prevent "abuse" in the form of someone disabling it for themselves and FE spamming others that are not (yet) immune.
Just a thought.
MacBook Pro (3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/8GB) • Mac OS X 10.8 • Parallels 7 • Windows 7
Jan 30 2013 12:47 PM #15
isn't it about time the slayer deeds in haudh iarchith get some love as i find 150 and 300 pretty steep for level 20 monsters imo~Eldar~
Jan 30 2013 12:50 PM #16
Nice for the battlefield Promotion now all the freeps that farmed their ranked with the excuse rank doesnt matter, have no excuse, worst thing ever we are going to see more freeps, farming freavers way to go!!!
Well 1 thing is sure i hope that freeps at least come out more and stop complaining for a while, cuz pls just stop complaining
Jan 30 2013 12:51 PM #17
Yet another nerf to burglars, we will lose a lot of critical rating due to these changes since agility gives 1 point and fate 2.5
Guess how much fate there is in our PvMP armour?
Also: Will now provides 2 points of Tactical Mitigation to compensate for the loss of power contribution:
Well done Turbine, now even the cloth classes have more tactical mitigation than the burglar.
Last edited by Jureon; Jan 30 2013 at 12:56 PM.
Jan 30 2013 12:52 PM #18
"Other forums of dead will continue to exist as before."
Freudian slip regarding the state of the forum software?
Fight on my dwavern sisters! May the orc blood always wash right out your frilly dresses.
Jan 30 2013 12:53 PM #19
Jan 30 2013 12:53 PM #20
Jan 30 2013 12:54 PM #21
Is the reaver atack speed bug (quickstrikes trait,blood-lust) adressed?
Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!
Jan 30 2013 12:56 PM #22Fashion Week Organizer 2013 Online status: Reputation:
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
To be honest there doesn't seem to be that many fixes in this update.
A few typos and minor fixes but still nothing significant.
Any chance of some extra Vault keepers and Auctioneers being added to the world.
Seems like something that could easily be done by a worldbuilder.
Vault and AH in Aughaire, AH in Esteldin, Mailbox in the Last Homely House, Vault in Ost Guruth.
Update: I remember what I was going to ask.
Are the weird values of certain 80-85 items being addressed such as the Scholar Guild Pocket item for Guards.
The 75 one has +95vit phys and tact mit while the 85 one only has 75vit with 400 or so morale 700 tact mit but no phys mit while the other pocket items have higher values 113might/will/agi.
Last edited by radspakr; Jan 30 2013 at 01:07 PM.
Radspakr 85 Guardian,Haluilas 80 LM, Varri 64 Champ
Jan 30 2013 12:57 PM #23
So, no addition of Tarnished Symbols to the skirmish vendors?~ Remnant ~
Valdaglerion ~ Edelwulf ~ Silinar ~ Kelghrom ~ Frodigard ~ Liltahatal
Jan 30 2013 12:58 PM #24
Does this undo the critical defense changes to damage amount? IE, if it becomes a counter stat, isn't that back to reducing the frequency of crits from MOBs, à la Finesse being the counter stat that reduces frequency of B/P/E/resists of MOBs, rather than reducing the magnitude of those hits?
It's been lovely being able to play the game again without fights being all one-shot/dead, reset. One-shot dead, everyone resets it again. Yay, we didn't get a crit hit that time and completed the instance!
Might we please retain the ability for players to actually play and interact in fights, rather than the results being random outcomes instead of results from player actions? :-)Click here for our community LOTRO store pricelist, conversion rates and pictures, please contribute too!
Jan 30 2013 12:59 PM #25
> Instance loot has been revamped.
Can we get more details?A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won
Jan 30 2013 01:00 PM #26
It's over! Panic! Fear! Loathing! (Las Vegas?)
It's over! This update 10, spawned from the bowels of Mt. Doom itself, will surely (chose from the following)
1) Nerf/OP my class
2) mean the end of the moors as creeps/frees become too powerful
3) result in death and carnage in the forums (and I quote from the section on Dread on Defeat effects removed: "Other forums of dead will continue to exist as before." I guess it could be a series of typos, but how can we be sure?)
4) possibly lead to cancer
Ai! ai! (quoting Legolas upon seeing the Balrog in Moria)
Jan 30 2013 01:00 PM #27
These are the types of things that makes people skittish when a classes main stat get changed...
Why does agility still provide crit?
power consumption is going to need some serious reworking given the current nature of some power restore skills, unless certain skills have been updated and it didn't make it to the patch notes.
I personally like the fate and crit changes in concept, we'll see how it plays out in-game though.
Jan 30 2013 01:00 PM #28
These changes both frighten and excite me, the stat revisions could possibly change everything ...what with skills being based on %....that means much more careful planning of what to use.
I see that in your abscence is finally scaling...but their is no mention of the armor scaling a well ....I hope it does
Jan 30 2013 01:02 PM #29
Let the farming begin.
Jan 30 2013 01:02 PM #30
Some nice changes to freep defences and some slight nerfing to creep defences. so this should make the freeps happy.
I look forward to seeing these changes and how it will un balance the moors again in freep favour. but this is beta and everything can change.
Look forward to the changes. I how the balance of the moors is maintained. But thinking ahead freeps will eb getting 1st agers soon so we need to test this out.
Jan 30 2013 01:03 PM #31
Jan 30 2013 01:04 PM #32
Ok well now that freeps get battlefield promotions . How bout you make it so if you get caught farming its permabannable ? or if you make forum posts admitting to farming its a ban . Just saying it would make a lot more sense instead of losing more and more players by the day .R12 Defiler - Guidolicious , R11 Lore master - Legacyguido, R7 Warg Toxotix , R7 Minstrel - Ghanker , R6 Reaver - Pickeltickler , R6 Warden - Lilguido , R6 Spider - Halkin
Jan 30 2013 01:05 PM #33Tycho Gilcrist - 75 Man Hunter :: Istarel - 75 Elf Lore-Master :: Hoggy Shaftoe -75 Hobbit Bugrlar
NOLDOR of Arkenstone
What Legendary Items Could Have Been (and Still Could Be!)
Jan 30 2013 01:05 PM #34Stat Changes:
Agility will now provide 1 point of crit rating whereas Fate will provide 2.5
Will now provides 2 points of Tactical Mitigation to compensate for the loss of power contribution
You want us to stack agility for our own class DPS but in order to crit on said DPS, we need to stack a stat that is arguably never found on the same item with agility? And in addition, stack a stat that rarely appears on Medium Armour gear?
Turbine, you can't be serious, here.
How do you think the Burglar is going to effectively gear their class?Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.
Jan 30 2013 01:05 PM #35Jon "Rock" Steady
Jan 30 2013 01:06 PM #36
"Instance Loot has been Revamped"
It will be interesting to see what Rockx has been up to. I suppose we should expect to see Fate back as a major stat with the dps classes.
"Dread from defeat removed"
This honestly felt like a reasonable penalty and made the use of hope tokens a necessity in raids/etc. after a wipe. Ah well, I guess that just makes them more potent in the long run.
"Mithril Coins added"
I like this concept, but I believe they should be attainable in-game, from loot-boxes or w/e.
"Power pools normalized ... Crit bonus 1x for Agi 2.5x for Fate"
Both of these items concern me a bit, mainly that it's going to require some re-learning and re-gearing, and hopefully it serves to make it easier to last longer in a fight and dish out crits than harder.
/crosses fingers that the new instances are awesome...
Jan 30 2013 01:09 PM #37
Any changes in Bree? Caravans are active?
Jan 30 2013 01:09 PM #38
Jan 30 2013 01:11 PM #39
The changes to Will/Fate seem very agreeable and if anything they reward players who have bothered to obtain good gear. More character customization can't be a bad thing. Of course I might just be saying this as I can't get over my 5,000 ICPR solo and capped Tactical Mit with zero mit virtues on. Maybe. Battlefield promotions and First Ages too!? I can already hear the Creep QQ.
Any chance for a blue name to answer this? :
What's happening to Seals? Are they going to be converted come U10 to Meds or something?
Last edited by PhantomPunkk; Jan 30 2013 at 01:13 PM.
Jan 30 2013 01:12 PM #40
so rockx what about the haudh iarchith slayer deeds?
can you please fix the numbers on those to get them equal to the level of the mobs and other slayer deeds in that level area?~Eldar~
- Community Guidelines
- New Posts
- Dev Tracker
- Forum List
- New Player Discussion
- General Discussion
- Riders of Rohan
- Turbine Global Service Discussion
- Turbine Global Service Discussion (International)
- Official Discussion Threads
- LOTRO Store Feedback
- Der Herr der Ringe - Deutsch
- Le Seigneur des Anneaux - Francais
- Landroval [EN-RE]
- Laurelin [EN-RP]
- Anduin [DE]
- Belegaer [DE-RP]
- Gwaihir [DE]
- Maiar [DE]
- Morthond [DE]
- Vanyar [DE]
- Estel [FR-RP]
- Sirannon [FR]
- Bullroarer (Public Test Server)