[Summer Fun 2012] Summer Fun Scavenger Hunt, 15th July
Withywindle server and the Legends of the Rohirrim kinship are proud to invite you to a Scavanger hunt day on 15th of July, durin the Summer Fun Event.
The start of the hunt will be given at 9AM Server time (which is EST time) and the meeting place is The Party Tree in The Shire. Before the actual start there will be calls on every starter area local channel also on Globallff. Be sure to be there
Also in the hours before the challanges begin a comitee of judges will be waiting at The Party Tree. They will help you enter the competition and give you the instructions needed. Once the event starts no new players can enter the competition since it will be list based
When the hunt begins you will all receive a link on these forums with the list of item descriptions and riddles. Try and bring an item for each point on the list. The more fun or weird or original the items the more points you will receive. You can of course make several trips if you do not have enough bag space .
When you think you have all the items return to the Party Tree where you will be judged by a comitee and your points will be added to a list. And at the end of the day the winners will be announced and will receive surprise prizes .
Cya there !!
PS: Follow this thread for more details on prizes, rules and any other info
- at 8.00 AM servertime calls will be made to get people aware in Bree, Bree-Land, Ered-luin, Thorin's Gate and Hall, The Shire, Lone Lands Regional. Also in the globallff channel. People will be directed to get familiar with the forums.lotro.com Withywindle section where the list will be published and asked to go to the Party Tree in the shire and join the party.
- if available a music band from Edhel Annon Kinship will perform at the Party Tree in the shire while we wait for the start.
- during this hour the team of juries will be giving details in regional/globallff channels.
- during this hour willing participants will be sending a message to one of the juries and announcing the participacion. After all the participants are written on a list they will be distributed equally to the jury team. A PM will be sent with the name of the jury that will be responsible for each participants so no chaos will ensue when evaluation starts.
- entering the contest may be possible after 9.00 AM servertime but will ensue a penalty of 10% of points on top of less time.
- at 9.00 AM after all contestants are clearly briefed a list of items/riddles will be published on the Withywindle forum and the link will be broadcasted in regional/globallff.
- items may be obtained in any way: AH, kin chests, killing mobs, quest items, crafting etc. They can be brought in more than one trip (so no need to clear vast spaces in bags). Just make sure you go to your designated jury member.
- deadline will be 13.00 Servertime (so 4 hours). No items will be accepted after that time. After that a period of time will be needed to calculate the scores and make the order.
- items will be graded from 0-3 points by the following criteria
-> 0 points - item does not match at all the meaning of the riddle/definition
-> 1 point - item does match but it is common and easy to get, has no humor or originality
-> 2 points - item matches and shows effort has been put in its procural
-> 3 points - item is a match and also original or funny color very very hard to procure
- if a contestant is not happy with the grade for an item the chief of the jury (Landrovas) will offer his oppinion and a mean grade will be made (aproximated to upper decimal).
- when all items (that the participant could bring) are noted the total will be made by the jury member and sent to the jury chief.
- there will be a 1st prize, 2nd prize, 3rd prize and a special funniest/most original item
- prizes from kin chest/server donation:
->1st place : Perlino steed code, 500 TP code, Worn Symbol of Celembribor + Cracked Rhi Helvarch Sigil + Gold + an item of coice from the Festival random items in Landrovas's vault
->2nd place :500 TP code + Cracked Rhi Helvarch Sigil + Gold + Consumables + an item of coice from the Festival random items in Landrovas's vault
->3rd place : 500 TP code + Cracked Rhi Helvarch Sigil + Gold + Consumables
->special place for originality: an item of coice from the Festival random items in Landrovas's vault
-> random items will be randomly given to participants when they bring in items, in concordance to their level.
Thanks for hosting this event, I enjoyed it. I thought that the cryptic descriptions were very inspiring.
It's a shame that more people didn't participate but then again it meant less competition for me xD.