[Summer Fun 2012] DEEP ALE FEST by Durin's Folk (Laurelin) -- July 14th & July 15th
Hail and well met!
The Dwarves of Durin's Folk ((on Laurelin)) have scheduled "Deep Ale Fest" (also known as "Ghuregbuzramerag"" or "Harnkegger Games") to take place on July 14th (sat.) and July 15th (sun.).
This two day dwarven holiday reflects the love of hard work the Longbeards have, followed by equally hard play. Known for its various gaming contests, general merriment and consumption of large amount of ale and food. This year, by order of Lord Duinn of the kinship of Durin's Folk the fest and games are opened to all , including men,hobbits... and yes, even elves.
On overview of the scheduled activities
Day 1: At the Thorin's Ale Hall (Festival Arena)
* Opening of the Fest by Lord Duinn of Durin's Folk - start at 2PM ST July 14th
The opening included plenty of ales, food and music for all. And allows those that wish to enter the games to sign up with the officials by 2:45PM at the latest.
* A horse race at 3PM ST (Harnkegger Race) - in good dwarrow tradition, having a horse race after having had plenty of Ales.
The Harnkegger race is a small but exciting race and uses the area of Thorin's Halls
Start at: Entrance of the Festival Arena - Down the steps to Frerin's Court (must go round the central statue) - back up the steps to the Festival Arena, first one to make it up the stairs wins. The Kinship of Durin's Folk will grant the winner 2 gold pieces + 1 Perlino Steed code given by Turbine. Runner-up gets 1 gold piece. (Note: only 62% speed steeds allowed AND no speed buffs of any kind are allowed during the race – stewards will be monitoring the race).
* A music contest (right after the race) - returning to Thorin's Ale Halls (Festival Arena) for the final part of Day 1 - which is a music contest.
Each contender present is allowed to play 1 song. A jury of Durin's Folk kinship (that doesn’t enter in the competition will give points to each artist - announced at the end of the contest) The artist with the most points at the end wins. Again Durin's Folk kinship would grant the winner 2 gold pieces + a 500 TP code given by Turbine.. Runner-up gets 1 gold piece.
Wrapping up day 1 with plenty of ales, tales, riddles and music at the Festival Arena.
At Gondamon central courtyard.
Day 2 of the celebrations marks the grand tournament.
The Events on this day start at 2:30 PM on July 15th - allowing 30 minutes for sign-ups, these events are:
* The Dwarrow Sprint - as we dwarves are natural sprinters, something of an obliged event this one - a good sprint around Gondamon ((from Central courtyard West, around the path of Gondamon and back to the Central courtyard)), winner receives 2 gold pieces + a 500 TP code given by Turbine.., runner up 1 gold.
When finished this is directly followed by:
* Sparring Match Tournament - at Gondamon central courtyard - divided in categories (according to character level), depending on amount of contestants as well. Winner of each category gets 1 gold from the Kinship of Durin's Folk. Judges will award a code for 500 TP given by Turbine to the winner (picked from the winner of each category) they believe has shown the strongest performance.
Last event of the Tournament -
* Swimming Race - taking place in the river Lune - Starts South of Kheledul (on an Island in the Lune - 23.1S/92.0W) - Round the pillars of the Duillond bridge, back to The Island in the river - the first to reach the official wins.
winner receives 2 gold pieces + a 500 TP code given by Turbine.., runner up 1 gold.
(Note: for the above 3 events buffs - such as speed buffs - ARE allowed)
The day and festivities would be wrapped off at Thorin's Ale Hall again by more Ales and Food, It would also mark the crowning of the Champion of the Harnkegger Games. This is the contestant that stood out from all of the games, by winning most events. This winner receives the grand prize of: 2 gold coins given by Durin’s Folk + 1 Perlino Steed code AND a 500 TP points given by Turbine. In case several players have won the same amount of games the Lord of Durin's Folk will elect one he believes has stood out most.
If anyone would have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.
See you at the games friends!
May Mahal keep your Axe sharp and your Beard long and thick !
Last edited by Thakalgundian; Jul 04 2012 at 09:01 AM.