I have been playing the game for about 1 week now. Mostly I've played with my hobbit character, but I also tried to see how the other races/classes are.
Even though I do have some critique, the overall impressions are quite positive.
First of all I will point out the more negative points of the game:
- Travelling: is at best slow. Walking and/or riding to different parts of the map take too much time, and the stables are a bit wide spread. I know the sistem of the stables , for it is similar to the one in WoW, but I've gotten acustomed to the spawing/teleporting devices that other mmorpg use for swift travelling. It is true that the way that the stables work make you explore more and enjoy the world, but after a while (especially atfer 20-30 quest where you have to run from here to there) it kinda gets annoying.
- Housing: I find that , aside the fact that the prices are steep , there are too few free low price housing that are actually availible. Perhaps another housing zone should be made?
- NPC protect: why, oh why do they have to walk ahead and just get into the biggest crowd they find?! please make them follow you, or at least give the possibility to stop them when you want to!
I think these are the only big negatives I could find for now . And now to the positive:
- the world is absolutely enchanting! I haven't been so excited about just walking and discovering the world in a slow relaxed pace in a looong long time. I've played a lot of mmorpg, but few to none got me so joyfully strolling through the map. I tried the other races ,and even though the others are beautifull too, none gave me the same pleasure as the hobbit map. The scenery and design of towns and houses are just perfect!
- the quests are also well thought and for the most of them exciting. The stories are nicely written and the allmost lack of grinding is a breath of fresh air! Oh, and not to mention that some of the quests are hillarious and made me laugh so hard I fell of my chair (namely the chicken quests, and some others too).
- the classes are unique in the sense that instead of following the usually tipes of classes that most mmorpg use, these are more true to the lore and story of the Lotr universe. They do have the generall shape of the categories used in other games, but the particularities belong to the Lotr world.
The overall opinion of the game, as far as I got with my main character, is that this game is a little jewel. I will continue to play it and I hope as I advance in level and get to different maps that the quality of the game will remain the same.
Cheers and congratulations!
P.S. I apologize for my spelling and/or grammar mistakes.Hope they're not too many.