Its been a long time since I played so I have some questions about crafting.
1) Are you still limited to joining one guild per PC?
2) What is the big difference between not being in a guild and being in one? IE if you are an Armourer and join the Tailor guild, does metalsmithing become a throw away prof?
3) How well does making gear as you level really help you? Or will you get most of it from questing and dungeoning?
4)How do legendary weapons work? Is their a crafting component involved? Is that crafting component specific to one trade?
IE do I need woodworking if I play a loremaster so I can make my own legendary staff?
5)Any generic tips anyone wants to give would be helpful.
6) For a loremaster captain leveling duo starting on a new server with no other character currently, does anyone have any recommendations for vocations we can take?
2) Well, the difference is access to the guild recipes, as simple as that. Just look at the vendors for improved recipes and legendary recipes to see what they offer.
3) Depends I'd say. Leveling your profession along with your character takes more time than just leveling by taking whatever quest rewards and instance drops come along. Hence many people consider crafting a waste of time, others enjoy it a lot (me too).
However, my first (and main) character didn't use any guild crafted things because both raising reputation and crafting the stuff has long cooldowns, and i got too impatient to reach the level cap
So to me it's clearly more useful for twinks, they can profit a lot from guild recipes if you don't want to rush them to 75 one after another.
4) All level 75 second and first age legendary items have to be crafted (not necessarily by yourself though), I'm not aware of any other possibility to obtain one.
Different professions make different items, staves would be woodworker, just like the non-legendary ones.
Tradeable relics are also profession-specific.
However, the best crafted relics, which are bind on acquire, are identical for all professions, you craft a token that can be traded for one of the 4 different sealed relics.
So to get those, you just need one guild maxed out, which one doesn't matter in this case.
5) Not really...
6) Hm in my opinion, pick whatever you like, I personally only level one of the crafting professions if the vocation has two, because you can only join one guild anyway. And because i like to twink...
At 75, none is really wrong because the relics are the only thing you must craft yourself, though one that can craft some LI you can use makes sense to me.
So for a Lore-Master I'd favour one with woodworker (staves, Captain could use clubs and hammers, but you get bonus damage for halberds (passive class skill) and swords (racial trait)) or scholar (Lore-Master books). For a Captain that would be metalsmith (Captain's emblem, along with the heavy armor a great choice overall) or weaponsmith (weapons for just about everyone except...Lore-Masters and Rune-Keepers ).
However jewelery is useful for all characters, aswell as buff food, hence tinker is one of the most popular vocations, sort of the "can't go wrong with it", however the LIs are only for champions (rune) and runekeepers (rune stones).
And historian compliments it very well and again gives buff stuff.
Anything left? Oh yea tailor, not bad for clothing, though again the LI are only for Burglars (Burglar tools) and Rune-Keepers (rune satchels).