I started this game in late December, it's the very first game of this kind that I've played. I'm a level 35 elf loremaster right now, and once I finish the Garth Agawen quests I'll probably buy the VIP version so I can access all the quests in all the regions.
Some quick impressions of my experience so far...
* I had a few questions when I was starting, which I posted on these forums, but overall it was very easy for someone like me (with zero experience in this kind of game before) to learn and master the gameplay
* When I started this game in the "Thorin's Hall" starter region, it seemed pretty big to me. When I was sent to Celondim and got to travel throughout Ered Luin, I thought this was a huge area. When I then went into Shire, Bree-land, the Lone-Lands, and now scouting the other areas like the Trollshaws, North Downs, Evendim, Forochel, Angmar, Eregion... this game is freaking huge!!!!
* I love the atmosphere. Both figuratively and literally. It's based on books/movies that I love, and Tolkien was a perfectionist with such detailed world-building, it is so easy to get immersed in this world. Also the literal graphics of the atmosphere are amazing. I hope this doesn't sound embarassing, but sometimes I make my character just look up at the clouds, the sun, the stars at night... it's so beautiful. I even know the stars... when I see a constellation of stars that looks like an archer's bow, I know I'm going east, and that's a lot more than I can say for the stars in real life (I wish Virtual Reality was out already! lol)
* Again, the detail that goes into everything... every character, every town, every region. It's amazing how much they can pack into each region. And I love it that when you think you know a region well, you stumble upon that tiny spot on the map you've missed before, and discover a whole new area with quests, characters. (And I've already gotten nostalgic over my earlier quests in the Ered Luin)
* As a book/movie fan, it's very fun interacting with characters from them. And not just the main characters of the fellowship, but all the secondary and background characters they met along the way too. And also see what else they were up to at the time, like the missions Aragorn was giving to the other rangers while he was awaiting Frodo in the Prancing Pony.
* The music is great, and creates a great mood, whether it's meant to be tranquil or chilling or have you on edge.
* I just saw this yesterday, when I was scouting Angmar and ran into a huge den of worms and drakes. But I saw a dragon soaring over a canyon yesterday when I reached the middle of it... "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore." Absolutely awesome sequence that just stuck out my yesterday, and inspired me to finally make this thread.
I have some suggestions too, and I'm about to make a thread for that. Overall, great job, guys!