Greetings all Withywindlers and their noble steeds,
We are honoured to invite each and every one of you to the biggest, longest most grueling race in Middle-Earth!
The Withywindle Trivia Race on may 13th from 16.00 GMT (12.00 EST, 17.00 CET).
Follow the steps of The Fellwoship of the Ring in an attempt to discover the places they might have been and sights they most surely have seen. Feel the presence of the Ring of Power and the dread of THE EYE at each turn while aiding a band of adventurers uncover the secret path of Frodo and the Ring.
There are many many prizes for all who enter the race, more if your courage and wits guide you closer to the end. And if you are worthy enough you might just win some prizes generously offered by Turbine
Absolute 1st Prize 1 Perlino steed code + 500 TP Code + Worn symbol of celembribor
2nd prize 500 TP + Worn symbol of Celembribor
3rd prize 500 TP+ Worn Symbol of Celembribor
following to finish the whole race will receive until stock empties: Symbol of Celembribor/Cracked Sigil
First to finish Moria Leg of the Race and cannot enter Moria will receive 500 TP Code + Second age/first age Weapon acording to level and class.
All other to finish Moria Leg will receive Mithril Flakes until stock runs dry.
In adition all participants will receive consumables and Gold acording to their levels.
For the rules see the following posts.
See you in the race
Last edited by Landrovas; May 09 2012 at 09:08 AM.
- Send a mail to Landrovas/Ellessar/Landroward/Landrorune/Landrocap with a 1.5 Gold optional donation (fear not almost all of the entry fee will actually be returned to you during the race in one form or the other. The rest will be used to buy more prizes :P) until FRIDAY MAY 11th 11.59 PM GMT. The deadline is very important since it will dictate the amount of resources each jury member will cary at the day of the event. Any that wishes to participate but not register will not be able to receive any prizes (but by all means all can join the race and have fun).
- On MAY 13th at 16.00 GMT all contestant will meet at The Party Tree in The Shire for a short briefing and explaining of the rules. The actual race will begin at 17.00 GMT.
- Anyone interested will of course be able to donate prizes for the race. More prizes more fun . We particulary welcome relic packs, consumables, sigils and symbols (hehe).
- In order to be able to finish the first leg of the race it is STRONGLY advised to be at least over level 25. To be able to finish the whole race and follow the path of the fellowship you must be able to enter the most dreaded places of all, MORIA. So prep your chars acordingly and do the epic to open the gates of Khazad-dum.
EDIT: changed from 1.5 gold entry fee to 1.5 optional donation. That way F2P can enter to and receive prizes. The gold prizes will be covered by donations and kinship funds,
Last edited by Landrovas; May 04 2012 at 04:06 PM.
- No horse speed buffs. At each checkpoint a jury member will verify the buff bar of each contestant. If a speed buff will be found that contestant will receive a penalty of 10 minutes. Failure to comply with the penalty will result in disqualification.
- No hunter/warden Travels, no reputation travels, no milestone travels, no Guardian Acorn summon and no Captain summons. Each leg of the race has been timed (fastest possible time is known to each jury member so any contestant that arrives considerably earlier will be subject to a 10 minute penalty as above).
- No Stable Travels unless instructed so. Each checkpoint is designed to make Stable travel a bad choice, as it would make the contestant actually loose time. In addition jury members will be stationed at known port/stable locations and will give any contestant seen there a penalty.
- At two points in the race you will be asked to accept a summon. At the begining of the race you will be given Travel Rations. Keep them and accept the summon.
- At each checkpoint you will receive a Private Message with the next clue. Do not distribute the message, since you will lower your chances to win. Keep the clue as it may prove useful during the race.
- At some checkpoints you will be asked to bring certain items. Read the clues carefully. All items will drop from monsters on route to the next checkpoint, that is why stable travel will not bring any advantages.
- At other checkpoints you will be asked to note down and tell the jury member at the next checkpoint the names of some NPCs. Pen and paper are advised. Spelling mistakes will not negate the answer.
- At one point in the race you will be invited to a raid. Accept as it is necesary in order to prevent any kind of cheating.
- Please verify that your char can receive PMs (make sure you dont have /afk on), take your char of anonymus as you will be asked to show a jury member your location (he will inspect you and only proceed if you meet the location condition). Any contestant that is on anonymus during the race will be suspected of cheating and may be penalised. Make sure you are not in a fellowship/raid. Knowledge of english language is very much advised.
Well for those who just want to have fun and see if they can do the race it is fairly possible to even reach the gates of moria ;-). If you manage not to get eaten by the nasty nasty creatures on the way ;-). Surely Frodo was a level 10 newb at Wheathertop cuz that Nazgul surely didnt have any miss chance on him :P, and we all know what happened to him....
Time zones have given me a headache....i have recently discovered that on summer CET is GMT+1, ill edit the post. SO the event is at 16.00GMT/17.CET. Please someone with better knowledge of timezones go over this and confirm the thing :P
And regarding the inspecting it was a unfortunate use of the word, i meant that the jury member will need to see things related to the player like level and location. Inspecting game-wise has no actual point.
And please do mention any thing that seems not in place or things you consider wrong and stuff, even suggestions. I really apreaciate them and they are very very usefull since it is a very complex event and until saturday when the trial run will be with only jury members we can make changes and make it so it will be as bug free as it can be.
16.00 GMT = 17.00 CET = 17.00 UK Summertime = 18.00 CET summertime.
This should be right, i might be wrong, and i Agree Timezones is a headache, special when countrys(but not all) starting to use summer time.
You are correct Ull. It all got more complecated when the UK started using summertime as well. They call it BST (British Summer Time). BST is one hour ahead of GMT. And CEST (Central Europe Summer Time) is one hour ahead of BST.