I have just begun doing quests in the Ettenmoors and I have a few questions. Keeping in mind that I may be lacking some very basic information required to understand this area. I'm playing as my regular Lv 75 Burglar.
1) I can't locate a Vault, or for that matter any of the regular game services and vendors. Did I miss them or are they just not available in this area?
2) There is a quest called Defense of Hoarhallow. The objective is to "Stay within the bounds of Hoarhallow village and stop the forces of Angmar threatening the hobbits there". (Actually I think there is a similar quest for each of the areas in Entenmoors)
I can't find any foes to fight in the designated area. I looked up the map coordinates for each enemy in the quest but nothing is there. Must I do something to trigger their appearance?
2) Many of the quests require gathering or looting items but can't be found in the places specified. Or rather they can be very hard to find. I can kill a hundred enemies sometimes before I find even a single quest item. Other times I can kill the beast in question but am unable to loot it. It simply disappears. It is, you could say, unlootable.
4) In a very general way does questing in the Ettenmoors do anything to enhance your character. It gives me Legendary Item XP I know but if my character was not level capped would it provide regular XP. Am I able to use items and equipment acquired there in the regular game areas as well?
Thank you for any help
First a disclaimer, I am by no means a moors expert, but I have been around for a little while, so I shall do my best to answer you.
1. There aren't any vaults, mailboxes, AH, relic masters, etc in the moors.
2. There won't be any npc's to trigger for this you have to find monster players who are playing/fighting in that area and kill them, it usually takes some time (days, weeks, or more depending on how active you are and how active the other people are in that area at any given time) to kill all the necessary players in a given area in order to get those quests. I believe you have to have the killing blow in order for a kill to count towards this total, so even if you participate in a kill your count may not go up, but I could be wrong.
3. Some items are harder to find/rarer than others, and some npcs carry nothing. Certain items can only be found on very specific types of npc's
4. There is some jewelry, rings, armor and such that can be gained by playing in the moors, but for the most part you do not need to play in the moors in order to play the other parts of the game. The biggest focus of the moors is fighting against the monster players (creeps) for the fun/challenge. You can use whatever armor, jewelry, etc that you earn in the moors in the rest of the world, some people do wear thier moors stuff when playing in the rest of the world, some people like to be specific and have different armor when they raid and stuff so while the answer is yes you can use the armor and stuff it is up to you if you want to. I don't know if you get regular xp or not since I am at lvl cap, the vast majority of people who play in the moors are already at lvl cap.
In game you can always ask in ooc when you are in the moors, if people are busy fighting they may not be able to answer, but if not most people will be happy to answer a couple questions. Everyone was new to the moors at one time, so anyone who gives you grief about being new is just a snob and you shouldn't worry about them.