Feb 24 2012 08:37 PM #1
Coming back from a break... What do I need to know?
Hey there folks,
I'm attempting to get back into LOTRO after not playing in several months (since before ROI was released). The last time I actually focused on my hunter was when the Ost Dunhoth instance cluster came out. I doubt I will be able to raid and instance (can instance be used as a verb?) at all because of university papers and practicum, however I'm sure I'll want to still gear up my hunter properly just in case. So instead of using up my limited free time in-game to figure out some of the changes I just thought I would ask you lovely people some easy(?) questions... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1) This finesse stat seems kinda cool... do I need to make sure I have tons of it?
2) It seems like some of the class traits have been changed around. Anything noteworthy?
3) Is the skill rotation drastically different? I would doubt it, but you never know!
4) Am I a beast-mode, nuke-tacular, pain bringing, harbinger of death or is our DPS still kind of "meh"?
5) I'm sure I'm going to need a but-load of agility... however, do I need to mix and match some gear sets to have adequate amounts of morale/ ICPR/survivability or are the end-game armour sets straightforward?
6) Are LI's relatively the same as they were just before ROI?
7) Is my tailoring skill still kinda worthless?
Any other tips about the expansion are welcome.
Thanks guys and gals, keep your stick on the ice!
Feb 24 2012 10:28 PM #2
Re: Coming back from a break... What do I need to know?
2. Too many class trait changes to list. You will just have to look them over.
3. Skill rotation is different. It will depend on how you trait though. Alot of people run red-line and go for large burn hots and such. Others will run fleetness. Both have their advantages. You will need to figure out which you prefer and gear toward that.
4. Our DPS can compete with other classes. However, we can usually only maintain huge DPS by giving up survivability.
5. You'll likely mix and match stats. It will depend on what you feel comfortable with.
6. LIs are 95% the same. No changes to our legacies unfortunately. 2 crit multipliers, 2 power costs, etc.... we still have to over spend for legacies that ought to be combined. Also, new damage type scroll with physical mastery in Galtrev so pick it up.
7. No, you can make some decent armor and the Draigoch cloaks are nice.« Seyz Vanguard - R14 »
- Community Guidelines
- New Posts
- Dev Tracker
- Forum List
- New Player Discussion
- General Discussion
- Riders of Rohan
- Turbine Global Service Discussion
- Turbine Global Service Discussion (International)
- Official Discussion Threads
- LOTRO Store Feedback
- Der Herr der Ringe - Deutsch
- Le Seigneur des Anneaux - Francais
- Landroval [EN-RE]
- Laurelin [EN-RP]
- Anduin [DE]
- Belegaer [DE-RP]
- Gwaihir [DE]
- Maiar [DE]
- Morthond [DE]
- Vanyar [DE]
- Estel [FR-RP]
- Sirannon [FR]
- Bullroarer (Public Test Server)