Bywater Steeplechase and Horse Show - Fri Feb 24 at 9pm EST - Landroval
Windy Acres Ranch is hosting another event!
The Bywater Steeplechase and Horse Show will be held on Friday, February 24th at 9pm EST.
The steeplechase is a challenging horse race with a grand prize of 750 Turbine Points! The second place rider will win 3 gold and the third place rider will earn 1 gold. Steeplechase riders will face many perils, including bats, bears, boars, spiders and goblins. There are fences to jump, cliffs to avoid, and broken bridges to cross. (Most of these are levels 9 to 11. Inexperienced riders must be wary!) The race course takes approximately five and a half minutes to run.
The horse show is an exhibition of horses and matching riding outfits. The show winner will receive a 5 gold prize. Second place wins 2 gold and third place wins 1 gold.
The pre-race party begins at 8:00pm EST at the Methel-stage between Bywater and Tuckborough. The horse show begins at 9:00pm. The steeplechase will begin when the show concludes, around 9:30pm EST. Participants must register by 8:45pm for the race, show, or both events. Riders may also register for the race and/or show before the party by sending an in-game mail to Kiralynn. The mail must include their name, horse's breed and name, and which events they wish to sign up for.
The post-race party will take place at the Green Dragon Inn in Bywater.
Here are the rules for the horse race:
* Riders must register to participate in the race. Registration closes 15 minutes before the event begins.
* Riders must be at the start location at least 5 minutes before the race begins.
* Participants who pre-registered must check in at least 10 minutes before race time.
* Only standard speed horses will be allowed. Goats may not race.
* No mount speed buffs will be permitted.
* Riders must only use their horse for transportation. Stables, milestones, wayfaring, camps, rally points, acorns, mustering horns, summons and all other non-mount forms of travel are forbidden.
* Spamming fellow riders, giving a false start signal, having allies ride in the wrong direction to mislead riders, and all other forms of unsportsmanlike behavior will result in disqualification.
* Riders must clear all checkpoints in the proper direction and order. Course judges are the final authority in determining if a checkpoint has been properly cleared. A decision can be appealed if screenshots or video can be presented immediately after the race.
* The winner will be determined by the first rider to cross the finish line, not the first mount.
Here are the rules for the horse show:
* Riders must go on stage only when Kiralynn calls their name. If a rider doesn't respond promptly, or goes on stage before his name is called, he will be disqualified.
* Riders will have approximately 20 seconds on stage. Each rider should walk their horse onto the red carpet, display their outfit, and then exit on the other side.
* Each rider can exhibit only one horse and outfit.
* Riders can perform emotes to help show off their horse and outfit.
* The winners will be chosen by the audience and judges.
The pre-race party was a spectacular success. Numerous talented musicians took the stage to entertain a crowd that grew steadily throughout the day.
The horse show took place on the Methel-stage. Seventeen contestants rode past the cheering crowd, showing off their steeds and matching outfits. The crowd voted Rosaliee’s outfit the most beautiful of all. Eryngil and Carica tied for second place in stunning riding gear, while Andeon came in third with a pumpkin-head costume.
The action moved to Bywater where sixteen jockeys lined up at the start during the call to post.
Here is the announcer’s transcript…
And they’re off in the Bywater Steeplechase…
The riders are off to a strong start, some taking the bridge, others the river crossing, on their way to the ruined dias…
Approaching the ruins, several horses toward the outside, struggling to maintain their ground in the back of the pack…
Driving toward the Bridgefields Wall, taking the field and gaining ground, the horses are starting to come alive…
The riders are setting a challenging pace as they approach the dangerous bridge crossing…
Across the river, horses running neck and neck, approaching the fence jumps that test a rider’s skill… smoky black horse Mrak is pulling ahead…
Charging around the Stocktower and into the back stretch, horses fighting for the lead, galloping toward Woodhall’s stone gate…
Thundering down the hill, racers from the back of the pack coming up now… watch for Gwilith and Riverfoot to make a move…
Almost within sight of the finish line, the leaders are riding hard down the home stretch after a strong mile, asking their horses for a bit more… will the horse of the Gap or Tundra have the strength to overtake the leader?
Mrak is in front by three lengths… in a flash the lead riders have crossed the finish line! Now we wait for the judges to make a final determination.
The final results are:
WIN: Sarasti and smoky black horse Mrak.
PLACE: Alliman and horse of the Gap, Hearty.
SHOW: Godwineson and Tundra horse Foroch.
Watch out for Verdir on Mathom Society horse Gwilith and Isaewyn on dark chestnut Riverfoot in future races!
Photos of both events will be available soon.
Special thanks to our race judges – Byrcha, Carica, Doribolger, Floradine, Harperengu, Shadewicke and Vognir. Without hard-working volunteers, these events would not be possible.