The Wayfarers' Guild
High Expectations. Exceptional Results.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
The Wayfarers' Guild is a heavy "adventure RP" kinship on the Landroval server. We specialize in deep, immersive roleplay that takes place in the beautiful wilds of Middle-earth. We are explorers, soldiers, scholars, and storytellers dedicated to aiding the Free Peoples in their war against the Shadow. Our story is ongoing, and the bonds we forge are lasting. Our focus is on rich and well-crafted storytelling spun in the spirit of Tolkien's work. We are currently looking for two (2) noble souls to join our ranks.
Why You Want to Join Us
- Quality Over Quantity -- TWG is not, nor will it ever be, a large kinship. We prefer to keep things small, focusing on our members as individuals. In TWG, every opinion matters, and every voice is heard. Your character will have a direct effect on the kinship story, because he or she will be an important part of it.
- Strong Leadership -- TWG's officers know and love its members, and are dedicated to making (and keeping) the kinship a wonderful place to be. They will always be available to address questions and concerns, and will work one-on-one with you to help you develop your character.
- Peace of Mind -- We aren't a start-up kinship. In June, we'll be celebrating our second anniversary. We're not going to disappear overnight and leave you suddenly kinless. TWG has been going strong for a year and a half, and will continue to do so for longer.
- Vital Community -- Our members are active, friendly, helpful, and fun to be around. Our forum is well-established, useful, and see extensive use. We seek each other out for RP in and out of kin plots because we enjoy the time we spend together. When you join TWG, you don't just gain a kin--you also gain friends.
- True Commitment -- Roleplay isn't just a side activity in TWG. For most of us, RP is why we're here. We understand the power of story, and the impact that a well-developed character can have. We promise deep immersion, dynamic development, and well-crafted, meaningful writing to our members and to all who roleplay with us.
- Unique Offerings -- TWG operates on a campaign basis. We have dedicated missions that take us far and wide, and down-time in between, allowing us to have the best of both domestic and in-the-field RP. We also use a customizable roll system similar to pen and paper RPGs, have a robust loot mechanic, and offer a unique point system that members can use to earn benefits and rewards.
Why We Want You to Join
- You Enjoy What You Do -- You love Lord of the Rings, and you love RPing in Tolkien's world. You're looking for other people who share your passion. You're dedicated to your character, plan to level to cap, have good writing and grammar skills, and are ready to sink your teeth into a new adventure.
- You Have Integrity -- Out of character, you're polite, friendly, and kind to others. You understand that maturity and courtesy are necessities for being a Wayfarer. Regardless of your age, you know how to act like an adult. You're self-motivated and good-natured. You don't go looking for drama, and when it finds you, you deal with it calmly and rationally.
- You're in it for the Long Run -- You're looking for a new home. You want a kin that will be there when it's time to go knocking on the gates of Mordor. LOTRO isn't a phase for you--it's something in which you plan to invest for a long time, and you want a kinship that will invest in you.
- You Give Back -- You're not just interested in what a kinship can do for you. You're also looking to lend your unique skills and enthusiasm to a bigger cause. You understand that a kin is only as strong as its members, and you're ready and willing to jump in, have fun, make friends, and help TWG continue to improve.
- It's More Than a Game to You -- You're not here just to run around in Middle-earth with a custom avatar. You have a character, and you care about him or her. You want to tell your character's story, and you know that the best and most rewarding way to do that is to tell it with other people.
Frequently Asked Questions
For our full FAQ, please read this thread. The following questions are related specifically to this recruitment period.
How big of a commitment is TWG?
Being a member of TWG is a significant commitment. We generally advise that you not currently be invested in any other kinships (trust us; it's hard to do). No event will ever be mandatory, and we understand that real life always comes first. However, the more you participate, the more you will get out of your membership.
What if I'm new to LOTRO?
We always welcome new blood. We want you to be an experienced RPer, but where you've been RPing doesn't matter. As long as you learn the lore and plan to stick around, we're more than happy to help you find your feet.
How long will recruiting be open?
Until the two spots are filled. We're in no rush, and we'll wait for the right people.
What races/classes do you accept?
We're a roleplay kin, so class is not as important as character. We accept all races, and both genders (though we're particularly interested in dwarves and Elves). It is important that you be committed to leveling, though! We often rp in very high-level zones.
What sort of character(s) are you looking for?
Reading all of our website will give you a pretty good idea. If you're still unsure, ask! We're very happy to answer questions.
Why only two openings?
We're interested in keeping things small. We don't want anyone to get lost in the fray. Growing slowly gives new members a chance to meet everyone and settle in at a pace that is comfortable for them.
How to Apply
- Read all the informational posts on our website, and then read them again!
- Follow the steps outlined in this thread.
- Once your application is posted, you can start seeking out TWG members for roleplay!
We're smart about this. We're not going to string you along. We'll be civil, direct, and timely in our responses. In return, we ask for the same courtesy from you. No one likes being rejected, but we ask that you be mature and gracious if we decide we're not the best fit for you. If we're not interested in accepting you, we will let you know respectfully and privately.
Try not to get overwhelmed! We know it's a lot to take in, but we're here to help every step of the way. If you need any help, or have questions, just ask. We really are a friendly bunch, promise.
When you're ready, go on and submit your application. We're excited to meet you.
Law pain i reviar mistar aen.