UPDATE FEBRUARY 20th - SCROLL DOWN FOR PICS OF ALL SKINS (under construction :P)
Want a new special skin? This is what to expect:
To get a skin you will need a (greater) sigil of battle obtained from a lockbox. To open the box you will need a sturdy steel key. Regular sigils can be bartered for two different skins. Greater sigils can be bartered for one of three different skins.
- Lootboxes drop from ANY monster in the Ettenmoors (including DoF).
- Lootboxes appear to have a droprate in between 1:1000 and 1:2000. It is pretty random. Some people have been grinding for days without result, others got it on the fifth slug they kill.
- Keys drop slightly less often than lootboxes. You can buy keys in the store for 100 TP.
- The chance of getting a sigil from a box seems to be around 20-25% (or less)
- Other loot in boxes can be creep consumables or two stacks of questitems (Around 5 hand-ins/stack). Another piece of loot can be Mordirith's brand, with the same specifications and requirements as a R15 brand.
- Lootboxes, keys and sigils are NOT bound.
Various screenshots are posted on page 11 and onwards.
Below are the skins and their names, thanks for that, Odahia!
That's all the information I needed. I take it the key gets consumed too?
Are these items BoA?
Thanks for the reply.
The keys do get used up opening the boxes. I am not sure if boxes/keys are BOA, but I do not believe they are.
The drops from the boxes are varied. I was able to open 5 of them on BR (they are a pain to farm), I received delving potion stacks, rank 15 barter food (which I could use even at rank 11), and a stack of 25 CG symbols worth 2.5k infamy.
"Spiders CC is unbearable... it's just as bad as loremasters" ~ Brodster
On landy we got one box with a warg after 4 hours of farming dwarf camp, and 5 hours after that still no key or another box. Drop rate is way lower than 1% for box. Warg killed about 500 dwarves for first box. Since then we've killed over 3k easy and no more boxes.
This new barter system belongs in a Korean grindfest mmo, not LOTRO. Once again something I was excited for on creepside turned out to be underwhelming to say the least.
I agree. Lately, everytime I get excited about something in lotro, I just end dissapointed. Some creeps on my server were farming npcs all around the map since the servers came up, and afaik no box has been found yet.
I tried myself for about 3 hours inside DoF, killed every kind of npc inside, and got nothing.