i just killed thorog 5-manned at lvl 50, i did also 8-manned it at lvl 65... he's really easy to kill. trying to find a group to do it at lvl 75. Anyway i hope this helps you all, i just writed it for someone in meneldor.
Don't read guides, they are outdated as Thorog was NERFED. Assuming you get past the drummers... the fight it's 2 phases: Drugoth and Thorog
Tank and spank, but he does a frontal AoE stun attack as all the wights.
- Each 10% morale he clones himself and create 2 or more doppelgangers.
- The doppelgangers hits same as wights, that's lot of enemies doing AoE stun.
- The dopplegangers will be full-morale and the real one no, BUT the doppelgangers will "copy" the morale of the real one if they get hit.
Strategy: Leader marks real enemy with a skull (keybind skull mark to any key, i use the Ñ) and everyone attacks always the skull one with single attacks, no AoEs ever.
1 person tanks real one, 1 tank waits and agro all doppelgangers and Kite around doing big circles, a LM with antistun in that person please. Each time drugoth create new doppelgangers the skull mark will dissapear, everyone stop dpsing asap and wait until leader find who is the real one and mark it. (press Tab a lot to see wich one of them doesn't have full morale, if they are not full morale is because someone else attacked that doppelganger and made him copy real one morale).
Repeat until he's dead.
- How to fix if they copied morale? Select one and dps that one a 15%, if you can... that's the wrong one, remember the real one should be cloning at 10% or so.
When Real one dies, drugoth fight ends (Remember that, only REAL one needs to die).
Really easy fight. Tank and Spank with 4 mechanism of fight.
- Adds ghosts, they like to kill healers asap as they appear, they also heal Thorog. Everyone should attack ghosts as soon as they appear.
- Ice grims, they appear at 50% morale of thorog and patrols next to the walls, if their aura touch you it's 11k damage in lvl 50, mostly instakill... so... ALWAYS stay away from the walls.
- Thorog induction, if not stopped he adds fear and knocbacks sometimes.
- Fear Eyeball, and this is what wipes 90% of the raids. When thorog sets fear eyeball on someone, that person has 5 seconds to cure it with a fear potion or every ally in 10m dies, that person included. (That's right, if you get the eye and you are next to the healer and you don't cure the eye... you just killed your healer).
Strategy: Has 1 tank making thorog faces opposite from where you entered room, always, that tank gotta be lucky to avoid the grims when he's knocked back, thorog also put a -% threat debuff sometimes, an offtank will help. Everyone else gotta be in his back, doing like an Arc around his tail. Dps thorog hard until the adds appear, kill adds, back to DPS thorog, repeat that a lot of times... in the meantime haves someone tracking for the eyeball and cure it asap as it appear, a Cappy here shines for this.
Me as leader i usually carry fear salves and saves them to cure Healer eyeball if she/he can't for any reason, pots cooldowns or whatever. that way i can save the healer although if i get eye soon i'd die, but it's ok.
If someone can't cure the eye, i suggest that person run to wall as far as you can from your allies, you are gonna die but at least you don't wipe the entire raid.
So... anyone wanna kill thorog lvl 75 and see what he drops? i believe he should drop something cool as all other scalable classics.
Thanks, i felt like doing a guide of thorog because a lot of the groups in our server is always googling for thorogs raids and all they find it's an obsolete guide where thorog flies and do special attacks, spiders, drakes...
What the hell, he doesn't fly anymore, he doesn't do HopeWipes, all he does is in my guide above.
So... just wanted to help and also if possible i'll join for one thorog lvl 75 one day