"Free People of the four Races of Middle Earth, unite under the Banner of the Horn, despite your differences. Wanderers of the Wild I call, skilled in scouting the lands and leading the way into the frontlines of Battle. United we stand strong to the shadows from the East, to shield the Free Peoples of Middle Earth.
Vows you have taken! Oaths you have sworn! Now Sharpen your Blades! Gather your Arrows! Polish your Shields and Staffs! Prepare for battle when the Horn of the Rangers sounds! For we shall not despair!"
- The Master of Rangers
Mixed roleplaying Kinship since 2008, [EN-RP] Laurelin, Rank 10.
Number of players: 55
Kinhouse: Falathlorn Homesteads
The Rangers are an active roleplaying kinship with (endgame) kinship questing. We aim to be the kinship where light roleplay meets questing.
We are proud to be the home of the Horn&Banner Alliance.
- medium sized kin with friendly helpful atmosphere - we strongly believe in a member cap at 60 players, since we like to remain a close community. This way we get to know our players and it helps us to keep kinship activity high. This also means that free recruitment spots will only sporadically be available, since we have to release inactive players from the kin to recruit new ones.
- light roleplaying - We stick to the basic server RP rules: all /say and /emote is in-character; but kinchat is out-of-character. We organize a weekly RP kinmeet and we promote player initiated RP plots (with GM support in the past). Our roleplayers do like to quest and raid as well.
- casual raiding - regular endgame instances (Moria, Dol Guldur, Enedwaith) and raids (Turtle, Watcher, DN, Barad Guldur, Ost Dunhoth), but also mid-level questing and old skool raids (Helegrod, Rift). Kinship Ventrilo voice server available. We like to quest together and with our Allies from the Horn&Banner Alliance - but we are not hardcore grinders.
- english spoken - but our 65 players come from all over europe (20+ countries, most 18-50 years). Players are encouraged to bring their alt toons along as well so we can provide onlevel help to lower level players.
- regular kin activities - instance night on Tuesdays, weekly kinmeet on Thursdays. Furthermore, we have a Creeptribe "Azurz Grush" ("Killing Blow") with our raiding allies for those interested in PvMP. Active use of kinship website and forum and signup for events in advance using a Raid&Event planner.
- active players - but we understand when real life intervenes or when you need to log an alt. Generally, we accept main characters when new players join. Prolonged absence without notice will result in removal from the kin, thereby creating a new recruitment spot and ensuring relatively high player activity.
- (willing to learn) basic roleplaying - no need to be a pro: we can teach you the basics so you can participate in our events with (at least) light roleplaying skills. We encourage players to develop their roleplaying skills and we have some Tolkien enthousiasts amongst our ranks, but we are not a hardcore RP kinship: our players determine their own roleplaying needs, resulting in diversity of roleplaying skills.
- friendly, helpful attitude - age doesn't matter, helping your kinmates in questing and crafting does! We do like to keep kinchat free of internet slang language as much as possible.
- shield the free peoples of Middle Earth - for Rangers lead the Way!
Points of contact and more information:
More info can be found on our website and forum at www.the-rangers.net.
Due to our self-inflicted member-cap of 65 players we have limited spots available; but do not hestitate to apply by going to the Join the Rangers page of our website or approach one of our officers ingame.
Vingi Aermir - Master of Rangers
Garthalion - Head Ranger
Morielen Gwilwileth - RP Officer
Bonkil Oakenbow - Questing & Raiding Officer
Steinskaldir Bloodhand - Questing & Instancing Officer