A group of us on Meneldor, from various kinships, have formed a raiding group (Collective Raiders Of Middle Earth = CROME) and we are looking for people to raid with. The server population has taken a big hit of late so we are opening up CROME membership to anyone who is "Raid Ready". We all want to do the content (especially DN) before Mirkwood comes out. So, if you meet the "Raid Ready" criteria below, and it sounds like something you would be interested in, please go to the CROME website (see link below) and fill out an application, or contact one of the CROME members in-game (see roster on CROME website).
Without getting too detailed, below are sort of the minimum set of requirements to be what we call "Raid Ready". Already having these shows that you are a serious, competent, and experienced player.
- Level 60 character
- All level 8 or better virtues
- >= +65 radiance (needed for DN)
- good 3rd age or 2nd age Weapon(s) and Class item with level 5 or better settings/runes
- Ability to play your class well
- Ability to act in a mature and respectful way during the raid. There is one person calling the shots during a raid and that is the raid leader. You need to be willing and able to listen to them and follow their instructions. You also must always be respectful of your fellow raid members.
- Ability to commit to a set day and time to raid (weeknight raids are usually scheduled for 6:30 Pacific/9:30 Eastern). Weekend raid tend to be scheduled for 5PM Pacific/8PM Eastern but afternoon runs are also possible if enough are interested (say 11AM Pacific/2PM Eastern).
- Also note that if you sign up for a raid, you need to show up for it and stay for the duration. Not showing up or leaving early is a big no no. We will post when the raid is and how long you should plan on being there for it so you will know it before you sign-up.
Good luck with this... but this game has taken a population hit for one reason and one reason alone. It now caters to hardcore players and has left casual players darn near in the dust.
Your posted mandates for raiding invites speaks volumes toward this fact.
Bye bye LoTRO... hello WoW Year Two.
He's right. There's the people that don't want to devote 6-12 months of raiding to get raid gear that you need in order to raid for another 6-12 months to get your whole kin 'raid ready'. I would love to join a kin like this and on my main would be great. I don't believe its greater skill or better value to play and be required to wear certain gear to be in a certain instance. You could wear quest **** gear and be okay raiding in the rift. Alot of people are sitting in this boat too and getting impatient with this game and 'take breaks' waiting for the next book to come out. There's an old saying don't hate the player hate the game.
And Turbine's excuse for Gear Gating the Raids....
They wanted to give us something Tangible instead of making us do quests to get gated for the Raids.
Guess that you know, not gating them aside from Skill and good Traits/Virtues isn't enough, had to make being able to Raid an even bigger Grind.
Its still nice to see people at least out there trying to get people who have had the time and patience to invest in getting the Gear etc into the Raids that they might not otherwise be able to do.
and a bunch of AKAs Co-leader of Spirit Brewers (An Adult Kin full of crazy lunatics. Redundant, I know.) P.S. I want to play the Triangle!
Excerpt of a friend named Beleguil's conversation with a GM:
You tell +Etymologist+, 'No, I think I'll take a walk along the shoreline and reflect on my new state of mind. Although one day I really hope I can /manup - I bet I could feel like I could take on the world!'
+Etymologist+ tells you, 'Unfortunately, that will never be possible, seeing as how you are an Elf. Have a good night!'
I sense and share your frustration guys. I don't like the radiance content gating at all. My main was a 60 two weeks after MoM hit and has had 60 radiace (70 now) since last March. I have yet to kill the Watcher or do anything inside DN... there just aren't enough other people with the gear to do it, at least not in my case.
They need to remove the radiance gating stuff all together IMO. If not, allow the crafted armor to also have raidance, just not as good stats maybe.
We are still looking to add more players to CROME so if you are interested please check out the CROME website. We are planning on doing DN this Saturday and could use a couple more so now is a good time to apply for membership so that you can sign up and go this weekend. We are also trying to do the Maw this Thursday if we can get enough to go. The MAW only requires 60 rad (or 50 plus buy 10 destiny rad). If you have any questions, just email Sumax on the CROME website. Note, if you apply for membership, please fill out the application so I can tell who you are (see instructions on CROME home page).